Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

Environment Force Discussion Thread

OK. I am still trying to understand how EF works with PTA. So with this new update. If I use PTA, do I need to turn Off or On anything in EF settings or mini UI? I am still concerned about how VC will look like before I will EF the second try. Major problem I have white clouds in the almost black skies at night with all PTA presets I have. 

Thanks 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Hi edward

I use PtA with EF.

First inside PTA i restored prepar3d's original shaders.then i loaded my favourite preset RDv1.8.then started Prepared 4.5 and EF(i also use Skyforce 3d)

load my start scenario ,and it looks amazing.both EF and SF have the latest patches.

steve

• Like 3

Thank you Steve. Your last Post was the one I waited for. After restoring my system I gave EF another try. I restored it to a point bevore my first EF installation. My computer was completely messed up. The new Update of EF seems to solve all issues i had. I have mini UI now and EF fires up a second time. I am using Active Sky, SF, PTA and EF. All seems to work now 😊. I am backing up first at the moment 😉.

Regards Robert

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, steve howlett said:

I use PtA with EF.

First inside PTA i restored prepar3d's original shaders.then i loaded my favourite preset RDv1.8.then started Prepared 4.5 and EF(i also use Skyforce 3d)

load my start scenario ,and it looks amazing.both EF and SF have the latest patches.

Thanks Steve. I have used RD1.5 and then 1.8 but after installing EF something went off. Everything was too grey and clouds looked unusually white at night. I will do an EF updated and give it another try. 

Thanks 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

20 hours ago, Nemo said:

Correction: HDR in P3D ON/OFF makes a big difference @ night. HDR ON makes the VC and all texture/autogen night lights much too dark and barely visible. With HDR OFF it looks much better.

Some feedback from my end: no discernible difference either day or night with P3D HDR ON/OFF. Both are on (P3D and EF).

Since last EF update things looking better, in AUTO mode, night is darker although the clouds are still kinda whitish for my liking. Much improved overall though, so happy. Waiting for the Skyforce 3D update.

regards, Andy

MSFS/P3Dv4.5/| i7 9700K @5.0 | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F |32GB3200C16 | ASUS 2080Ti OC connected to 3 x LG 27" monitors 5780x1080 | EVO 970 2TB M2 for sim, EVO PLUS 970 500GB M2 for W10pro64bit | VirtualFly YOKO & TQ6 |  MFG crosswinds | T16000M |

4 hours ago, steve howlett said:

Hi edward

I use PtA with EF.

steve

Tip watch your sky force 3d logfiles, because they have issues with the latest build (no install of the 3d cloud models) 😉

Edited by awf
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

André

2 hours ago, awf said:

Tip watch your sky force 3d logfiles, because they have issues with the latest build (no install of the 3d cloud models) 😉

Does this indicate that only default clouds is present at the moment? 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

On 5/17/2019 at 1:17 AM, spilok said:

Me too.  I wish I had never bought it!  Active Sky and Sky Force are enough for me.  PLUS, I have no problems with a night sky.  I really don't need all these REX programs to make the sky a "little bit better".  NOT NECESSARY IMHO!  Deleted EV Force and I don't miss it!

Stan

REX has a great support (Federico!), but I regret I bought it. I use PTA R&D Preset and the new EF version overrides PTA settings (too bright cockpit, grayish sky). I tried to play with Rayleigh values, ExposureKey and many more trying to set EF to get visuals similar to R&D Preset. Okay -  terrain looks better (set Rayleigh values to the same as in PTA preset), sky is more saturated (Sky Index) but cockpit is still too bright for me and I don't feel it - everything looks "wanished". Just gave up after tweaking all day. I regret I deleted previous hotfix that didn't override HDR settings applied by PTA. I think EF is a really great tool (and will getting better and better), I loved previous build but I had to uninstall it. 

Adrian

4 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Does this indicate that only default clouds is present at the moment? 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Correct the default models textures are updated...

André

2 hours ago, AdiR said:

REX has a great support (Federico!), but I regret I bought it. I use PTA R&D Preset and the new EF version overrides PTA settings (too bright cockpit, grayish sky). I tried to play with Rayleigh values, ExposureKey and many more trying to set EF to get visuals similar to R&D Preset. Okay -  terrain looks better (set Rayleigh values to the same as in PTA preset), sky is more saturated (Sky Index) but cockpit is still too bright for me and I don't feel it - everything looks "wanished". Just gave up after tweaking all day. I regret I deleted previous hotfix that didn't override HDR settings applied by PTA. I think EF is a really great tool (and will getting better and better), I loved previous build but I had to uninstall it. 

Why don’t you PM me? Thanks please.

I will fix it for you.

Federico 

Edited by fs1

Federico Sucari

hi,

i use ASP4 for weather, SF3D and EF,

is SF3D needed for structures or only EF running?

thanks in advance

I changed my oppinion. I'm still using 4.4 with Active Sky, SF and EF running. I have SF running but I am not sure if it's still needed. I need it for Textures anyway. PTA running with Active Sky and EF and SF messed it all up. EF and PTA at the same time is not a good choice. One or the other. I stick with EF as for now. It just has more possibilities when in flight. Just my 50 cts 😉.

Regards, Robert

1 minute ago, Robsi60 said:

I have SF running but I am not sure if it's still needed.

Unless you are using the REX weather engine you don't need to run SF in the back ground. Just EF if you are using any third party weather engine. 😊

• Like 2

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg

Thanks. I was assuming it. At the moment I'm preparing a flight and closed SF 😊. I foregot to mention bevore: Federico was of great help for me getting EF the way I wanted. I'm not a good tweaker 😂.

Regards, Robert

• Like 3

So far am enjoying EF it does a little more interesting things than static shaders do. Critical first step after purchasing is to adjust saturation levels for sky,terrain and object independently before enabling auto mode. Saturation levels are very "personal" settings. Once they are dialed in, auto works good.

Have two questions:

1. Anyone seen cloud morphing happening with active sky weather engine? I haven't yet.
  2. Where can I find out what variables auto mode changes and which it leaves alone? The manual doesn't say.

Thanks

Edited by glider1