Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

Environment Force Discussion Thread

7 hours ago, glider1 said:

Anyone seen cloud morphing happening with active sky weather engine? I haven't yet. 

Totally works with as4 on my system. You can have a look in the auto mode setting ui (in EF not the mini Ui in p3d if that makes sense), their you can check witch system are currently "running" and therefore changing the clouds for example. If the item is "waiting" it just does that. Depending on the surrounding weather injections it can be that the morphing is very subtle or does not happen at all.

Just like real clouds you don't see changes most of the time if you don't stare at them, but if the conditions are right you can watch the clouds morphing. If you see them getting bigger prepare for some turbulences. That's why I think EF isn't just an enhancement for the visual appearance but also a great tool to get actual feedback about the weather and what's happening around your aircraft. Flying into a rain cell is now more predictable just by the way the sky and the clouds change colour in front of you.

You can always set the speed of the changes with the slider in the auto mode menu between 1 minute and 10 minutes. I like 5 minutes, I may try 10 minutes some users suggested for use with as4 (that's not required for as4 😉).

• Like 1

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg

after their latest update, I nominate this tool to be (the best add-on of the year).

don't get me wrong, there still a big room for improvement and I'm sure they will get it better and better.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | Samsung G9 49" Curved Monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

So regarding HDR ,

my cockpit is way to bright now with P3D HDR = On .

What are you using ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

2 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

So regarding HDR ,

What are you using ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

Try setting your P3D HDR to 1,0 1.0 1.0 as recommended by Rex. Use REX HDR and see if you like it

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Anybody using EF with ENVSHADE? Does EF noticeably improve the scene when using it together with it? I have HDR set up as per ENVSHADE manual. Did you have to change any settings to make them work together? I'm only interested in Auto mode, that's also the reason I'm using ENVSHADE.

14 minutes ago, ZKOKQ said:

Try setting your P3D HDR to 1,0 1.0 1.0 as recommended by Rex. Use REX HDR and see if you like it

hmm , i dont like it at all now. Way to bright and the PBR is almost not being seen (using the maddogx for testing)

Also hitting the HDR on/off in the miniUI makes no differents at all. Also when hitting the recompile HDR i have a CTD

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

4 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

hmm , i dont like it at all now. Way to bright and the PBR is almost not being seen (using the maddogx for testing)

Also hitting the HDR on/off in the miniUI makes no differents at all. Also when hitting the recompile HDR i have a CTD

Thanks

Michael Moe

Please post your issues in the REX forums. Happy to help. Thanks 

Edited by fs1

Federico Sucari

5 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

So regarding HDR ,

What are you using ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

I have the same issue but I turn off HDR in EF mini UI and ReCompile Shaders. Works fine. But I us PTA. The issue is that if I start P3D again HDR will turn back On again. I am working with REX support to find a solution.  

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

@0Artur0 @skysurfer you realy should not use a shader tweak over another shader tweak.

Think of a wall that is white (standard P3D) which is painted over with orange by EF --> what color is the wall?

Now think that before applying your orange paint (throug EF) you paint the wall dark green (with a shader mod as ENVSHADE or PTA) --> what color will you see?

You would be able to use the shader mods combined only if you know exactly what each shader mode changes and can choose (by appropiate settings) if you want to use shader mod 1 or 2.

E.g. Tomato shade adds a metallic look (reflection/ refraction) to the ACFT fusselage. EF does not do that so you might use both combined.

But Tomatoshade also changes some other things which are indeed also changed by EF. Here you must choose what to keep.

Edited by GEKtheReaper

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

6 minutes ago, GEKtheReaper said:

@0Artur0 @skysurfer you realy should not use a shader tweak over another shader tweak.

Think of a wall that is white (standard P3D) which is painted over with orange by EF --> what color is the wall?

Now think that before applying your orange paint (throug EF) you paint the wall dark green (with a shader mod as ENVSHADE or PTA) --> what color will you see?

You would be able to use the shader mods combined only if you know exactly what each shader mode changes and can choose (by appropiate settings) if you want to use shader mod 1 or 2.

E.g. Tomato shade adds a metallic look (reflection/ refraction) to the ACFT fusselage. EF does not do that so you might use both combined.

But Tomatoshade also changes some other things which are indeed also changed by EF. Here you must choose what to keep.

All makes sense.

Am doing my last night of a completely new fresh install of 4.5, I use TS for FSL refections and VC lighting. But am not going to install TS for the reasons you say, going to see what ASP4+SF+EF look like with no other shader in the brew.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

43 minutes ago, GEKtheReaper said:

I'm very well aware of that, that's why I asked the question in the first place 😉 I know some people are using it in combination with PTA but with PTA having so many presets available you can't really know what the results actually are at all. ENVSHADE is a different story though. Since it's only one preset for everybody one can know exactly what the results are. That's why I'd like to hear from somebody using specifically those two add-ons together. As far as I'm aware EF doesn't affect VC at all and there may be other parts of the sim that EF does not touch and ENVSHADE or PTA does. That's why I'm not that keen of straight up replacing ENVSHADE with EF. I may be wrong on that last one though. If EF can do absolutely everything, and I mean everything, that mentioned shader add-ons can then I'll go with EF in Auto mode the second I get a conformation for that.

Edited by 0Artur0

3 hours ago, GEKtheReaper said:

I have just got off REX support. I turned HDR off in EF and I now use PTA shaders only. All looks good as I had before. If you want to use EF HDR then HDR should be turned On in EF and then you have to tweak it to your likening. 

• Like 1

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

3 hours ago, skysurfer said:

I have the same issue but I turn off HDR in EF mini UI and ReCompile Shaders. Works fine. But I us PTA. The issue is that if I start P3D again HDR will turn back On again. I am working with REX support to find a solution.  

We are working on new HDR functionality where you will be able to preserve own settings.

Recompile CTD in v4.4 has been fixed, as well as save settings (HDR on/off, fog, etc.)

We will be live soon. Thanks

• Upvote 3

Federico Sucari

3 hours ago, 0Artur0 said:

ENVSHADE is a different story though.

You are right! Since your enquiery targetet only ENVSHADE, I took the time to write things down.

ENVSHADE does not have any settings or presets or whatsoever. It is only an On / Off thing that does not have any dynamics in it. I realy liked the looks of it but IMHO it can't (or should not) be used with EF.

I own ENVSHADE but have disabled it just because the On/Off thing. EF launch was not exactly butter smooth and I don't want any other variables to mess around with it.

So I would recomend to everyone that purchased EF, to try it out without other stuff to interfere with it (exactly what @Nyxx is doing).

Just have a look at the number of users complaining (or asking for help) in forums like AVSIM / REX / Prepar3d / etc.: my aircraft is suddenly black and it's because the HF, my skies have artifacts and REX is to blame / I could go on forever.

You understand why I don't encourage you to even think of the possibility to combine shaders??? 😉

So just let the dust settle and maybe you won't need other shaders mod beside EF....

Edited by GEKtheReaper

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

1 hour ago, GEKtheReaper said:

I own ENVSHADE but have disabled it just because the On/Off thing. EF launch was not exactly butter smooth and I don't want any other variables to mess around with it.

So, you prefer EF visuals over ENVSHADE?