Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

Environment Force Discussion Thread

4 hours ago, glider1 said:

7-10 is a lot. Did you change back the cloud texture resolutions which by default are on 4096? That absolutely tanks performance for me with or without EF. 512 is all I can do and would have liked a 256 option.

Thanks , computer are a mystery sometimes , all FPS is back today ? 😌 not a clue why but who cares. 

Still need to have P3D HDR brightness at 1.30 because i want to make VC darker with EF HDR .

If i go to outside view its way to dark otherwise with 1.0.

I set EF HDR exposurekey to 0.300. Maybe there is more to it

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

26 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Still need to have P3D HDR brightness at 1.30 because i want to make VC darker with EF HDR .

If i go to outside view its way to dark otherwise with 1.0.

I set EF HDR exposurekey to 0.300. Maybe there is more to it

Michael Moe 

Hi Michael,

That made no sense at all 🙂 

Going from brightness 1 to 1.3 should make things brighter, no darker!

Michael, try this, use the option in the mini UI to set back to factory setting. Turn OFF HDR in P3D. 

I've not installed TS as i wont to see how EF works with no outside shaders. VC were not dark at all. I just set SF & EF textures to DTX5 1024. Auto mode.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

My very first finding of note with TS R&D preset + EF and now with only EF is notable.

In the Maule all white with TS R&D preset with EF I notice the struts holding the wings up and the engine cowling when looking from the VC, when in shadow had a blue tint to it, a noticeable one. The shadows looked light blue.

Also, I notice from some angles in the sun with FSL TS refections some odd colour tints. 

When loading up the Maule last night all shadows were shades of grey and the FSL had no odd tints at some angles. All looked fine but not done a flight yet so we will see.  

So yes shaders on shaders are not the best option. 

I would like to try Gerard's suggestion and have a TS profile with all setting set to default and use the minimin setting to make reflections work. But I have no idea how to do that.

Can anyone make a TS profile like that? also one for PTA guys?

If someone could make a profile like that then "we" could just tweak VC lighting to our own taste and have the wonderful reflections until FSL do PBR.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 hours ago, GSalden said:

Putting EF on top of PTA/TS is tricky as you are putting shader mods on top of shader mods.

If you want to use them together you better use Automated in EF and in PTA/EF only fixed values that only differ a little from the default values. See it as finetuning.

So yesterday I decided I'm going to make EF work for me...

I have been using SF3D with your PTA All Months AprV16 preset. Initially I fired up with EF and everything was washed out and gray, so I disabled the EF HDR and enabled the P3D HDR and after a minute or two, magically the VC and surroundings looked great. Very much like I had it before. My only issue is I get the "billboard" trees that are a flat bright green until I get close to them, then they start to pop into full depth and shading. Not sure whether that's an ORBX Trees HD issue, or the airport scenery I am at, or PTA, or EF. Too hard to tell.

@GSalden since I'm using your PTA preset, ASP4, SF3D & EF, what should I disable or change in your preset that is "dynamic" to play nice with EF? The one test flight I've done was very nice BTW.

Thanks,

Bruce

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

My understanding is that REX EF reads also Weather data, along your flights, and then changes automaticly the lightning/brightness, coloring, wavespeed, wavesize Saturization, and sky-/cloud-textures in flight without recompiling which so far as I know PTA isn´t capable of (No weather influenced automation mode to change shaders). Or am I wrong? 

Does PTA v3 read weather Data to adjust automaticly the environment? 

Regards Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

42 minutes ago, bbuckley said:

So yesterday I decided I'm going to make EF work for me...

I have been using SF3D with your PTA All Months AprV16 preset. Initially I fired up with EF and everything was washed out and gray, so I disabled the EF HDR and enabled the P3D HDR and after a minute or two, magically the VC and surroundings looked great. Very much like I had it before. My only issue is I get the "billboard" trees that are a flat bright green until I get close to them, then they start to pop into full depth and shading. Not sure whether that's an ORBX Trees HD issue, or the airport scenery I am at, or PTA, or EF. Too hard to tell.

@GSalden since I'm using your PTA preset, ASP4, SF3D & EF, what should I disable or change in your preset that is "dynamic" to play nice with EF? The one test flight I've done was very nice BTW.

Thanks,

Bruce

Hi Bruce,

Just check the tweaks in PTA.

If you see a formula than it is an expression.

I would not use my preset icw EF as it would be Dynamic on top of Dynamic.

Just start with a PTS preset and make sure all tweaks are set to the default values.

When EF is running you Note for yourself what you would like to be a little different .

Eg : if you find the cloud shadows not dark enough when using EF you could change the value in PTA do cloud shadows appear darker... ( Terrain Lighting )

Use PTA for finetuning..

• Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

2 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Hi Michael,

That made no sense at all 🙂 

Going from brightness 1 to 1.3 should make things brighter, no darker!

Michael, try this, use the option in the mini UI to set back to factory setting. Turn OFF HDR in P3D. 

Hi David ,

My issue is that when swichting from VC to Outside view the ligtning/brightness is very different on my system.

Forinstance HDR at 1,0 makes the VC rather bright with EF HDR default settings.  but not outside view. Its very dark.

If i tone down EF HDR to 0.300 and adjust P3D HDR brightness to 1.3 the VC is darker and the outside view is brighter than before.

So HDR must be doeing something for VC and outside view independtly.

But like you said HDR off reminds me of ENVSHADE which i like

Thanks

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

That is so strange Michael.

Also makes no sense why it should do that.

Do you use TS or PTA with VC lighting?

If I was you I would delete P3D shaders and remove your HLSL shader folder to your desktop, Do a client repair and just see what happens will all new default shaders.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

That is so strange Michael.

Also makes no sense why it should do that.

Do you use TS or PTA with VC lighting?

If I was you I would delete P3D shaders and remove your HLSL shader folder to your desktop, Do a client repair and just see what happens will all new default shaders.

That sounds like a good ideer 😉 my friend. 

Maybe ENVSHADE is not really restoring to default as it is suppose to in Its software. 

Oh well i also find the FSL bus harder and harder to maintain my 25 fps. But thats another ball game. 

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

7 hours ago, GEKtheReaper said:

@Lorby_SI Crazy idea man. You created a wonderfull flashlight tool i can't live without anymore.

What about a Sunglas tool to overcome the bright cockpits or the bloom issue????? 😁 Could create it with a orange, brownish, green tint and even with a small watermark like Ray-Ben and stuff.

PS: I know this is off topic but the idea just came to me after writing above post and told me: What the hell...I could patent that (unfortunately I'm not Lorby). Should be read as a small joke aside.

Sounds interesting, I will see what I can do. 

Best regards

• Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

14 hours ago, 0Artur0 said:

Why is this initial tweaking necessary? Because you don't like what REX set as initial settings or because if you don't you get the default P3D look?

Off topic: Does anybody know why are the things I quote all messed up with line brakes and some random numbers?

It is a good question and I didn't explain. It depends on whether your monitor/headset is calibrated or not. Mine isn't and can't be so I had to tweak saturation levels. I do think that saturation is a bit subjective anyway though.

18 hours ago, mpo910 said:

My understanding is that REX EF reads also Weather data, along your flights, and then changes automaticly the lightning/brightness, coloring, wavespeed, wavesize Saturization, and sky-/cloud-textures in flight without recompiling which so far as I know PTA isn´t capable of (No weather influenced automation mode to change shaders). Or am I wrong? 

Does PTA v3 read weather Data to adjust automaticly the environment? 

Regards Marcus

Brightness etc because of weather conditions, clouds , sunstrenghth is already changing by default in P3D.

PTA is able to add expressions so it will change even more according to weather , time of day , shadows and altitude ...

PTA/TS using expressions will change Shaders according to conditions that exist in P3D. So if any weather program injects weather the conditions are automatically changed inside the Shaders. So Dynamic changes in your P3D Environment .

No magic and it is there for more than 2 years....

Just re-read this thread as it has been discussed several times already ...

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

After finishing a compleat new install last night I just did a take off in the default Maule to have a quick look. 

What I noticed that I've not seen before, the sun was lowish in the sky in front of me and all the broke clouds in front of me were dark! I took off and did a 180 turn and wow! now I was looking at the clouds facing the sun, they were bright white with the glow of the sun. Looked amazing. A year on PTA and a few months on TS, not seen lighting like that before. 

It seems a scene is not going to give you that photoshop contrast/saturated looks that can and does look amazing. But instead, gives a more subtle feel not trying to blow you away kind of feel. Basically more real lifelike. All with no profiles or tweaking. This time I've not even changed one thing in EF, not one within mini UI. The main menu you have to set up, but that's a one-off thing.

Am sure HiFi might bring something new out this year, a new PTA all gives us choices to suit our own needs.

The other thing I noticed last night with no TS was how amazing the PBR PMDG-8 looked like with low sunlight on it, it really was a WOW and even the old PMDG NG had really nice reflections, no idea but it did not look that good in 4.4 with or without TS. 

It's nice to start completely afresh even if its a pain to do. But if it lasts me till v5 its worth it.

Looking ahead FSL will release PBR with there A321 and that also will come to the 319-320 making imo TS redundant. The new PTA I might well use to tweak the VC and nothing else, we will see.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Clouds dark with a low sun .. ?

On my setup it looks like :

Dusk_All%20Months%20v13.jpg

• Upvote 2

But how can the back of the clouds be orange lighted when the light comes from the front?

clouds-cloud-sundown-sunset-e14455922698 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png