Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

Environment Force Discussion Thread

39 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

But how can the back of the clouds be orange lighted when the light comes from the front?

Nice shot.

Because the light travels thru the atmosphere. That same atmosphere "colours" the light. The sun always emits in the same spectrum. 😉

Edited by Rasterfahnder

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg

@JoeFackel

On my image you are looking on top of the clouds and on your image you are looking at the bottom of the clouds ....

Nice%20Dusk%20-%20P3Dv41.jpg

Edited by GSalden
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

After finishing a compleat new install last night I just did a take off in the default Maule to have a quick look. 

What I noticed that I've not seen before, the sun was lowish in the sky in front of me and all the broke clouds in front of me were dark! I took off and did a 180 turn and wow! now I was looking at the clouds facing the sun, they were bright white with the glow of the sun. Looked amazing. A year on PTA and a few months on TS, not seen lighting like that before. 

It seems a scene is not going to give you that photoshop contrast/saturated looks that can and does look amazing. But instead, gives a more subtle feel not trying to blow you away kind of feel. Basically more real lifelike. All with no profiles or tweaking. This time I've not even changed one thing in EF, not one within mini UI. The main menu you have to set up, but that's a one-off thing.

Am sure HiFi might bring something new out this year, a new PTA all gives us choices to suit our own needs.

The other thing I noticed last night with no TS was how amazing the PBR PMDG-8 looked like with low sunlight on it, it really was a WOW and even the old PMDG NG had really nice reflections, no idea but it did not look that good in 4.4 with or without TS. 

It's nice to start completely afresh even if its a pain to do. But if it lasts me till v5 its worth it.

Looking ahead FSL will release PBR with there A321 and that also will come to the 319-320 making imo TS redundant. The new PTA I might well use to tweak the VC and nothing else, we will see.

True David preferred combo now is ASP4+SF+EF the PTA and TS presets I have seen are far to dark and not real life 😉 Maybe they like it that way that's a different story....

Edited by awf

André

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

Clouds dark with a low sun .. ?

On my setup it looks like :

Dusk_All%20Months%20v13.jpg

No Garard, The sun was higher about 1-2 hours before yours. But looked far more like the photo below.

1 hour ago, JoeFackel said:

But how can the back of the clouds be orange lighted when the light comes from the front?

clouds-cloud-sundown-sunset-e14455922698 

Turning around in the same scene the clouds facing the sun now, they were not only white but they glow and seem to reflect light. Bloom perhaps.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

9 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

No Garard, The sun was higher about 1-2 hours before your. But looked far more like the photo below.

Turning around in the same scene the clouds facing the sun now, they were not only white but they glow and seem to reflect light.

Question David, do you have in EF also set read RW data on or off with ASP4?

André

26 minutes ago, awf said:

dave  uses  asp4

• Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

56 minutes ago, awf said:

The first two options I have ON, So yes Andre. Peter is right I use ASP4

In EF I have transition time set to 10 mins and ASP4 updates set to 15 mins. The smoother and the most subtle the better.

I also have HDR turned OFF in P3D

All logging/error reporting in P3D/SF/EF/ASP4 all that rubbish is turned off. I don't want any of that stuff running thank you.

TIP: Its seems there is a bug with "Fog" till the next update. ASP4 real-time weather when you start a flight and the mini UI is open Turn Fog option at the very top OFF.

Also...

After updating ASP4 with "updates" since the start. I did a clean install with just the 4.5HF patch ASP4 works better.

Cloud draw min 150 miles, max 150 miles, max upper vis 150 miles. 5 cloud layers. SF and EF textures set to DTX5 1024

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

The first two options I have ON, So yes Andre. Peter is right I use ASP4

In EF I have transition time set to 10 mins and ASP4 updates set to 15 mins. The smoother and the most subtle the better.

I also have HDR turned OFF in P3D

All logging/error reporting in P3D/SF/EF/ASP4 all that rubbish is turned off. I don't want any of that stuff running thank you.

TIP: Its seems there is a bug with "Fog" till the next update. ASP4 real-time weather when you start a flight and the mini UI is open Turn Fog option at the very top OFF.

Also...

After updating ASP4 with "updates" since the start. I did a clean install with just the 4.5HF patch ASP4 works better.

Cloud draw min 150 miles, max 150 miles, max upper vis 150 miles. 5 cloud layers. SF and EF textures set to DTX5 1024

Appreciated thanks running also ASP4, in the mini UI I also was disabling fog...

My understanding is that HDR should be enabled in P3D otherwise in EF it won't do anything (like a layer on top)

Thanks.

Edited by awf

André

3 hours ago, GSalden said:

@JoeFackel

On my image you are looking on top of the clouds and on your image you are looking at the bottom of the clouds ....

It just depends on where the cloud is. Is it between you and the sun, the clouds surface showing in your direction is dark.

0a970c3107524cd42bbcfaba5316a707.jpg

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

11 minutes ago, awf said:

My understanding is that HDR should be enabled in P3D otherwise in EF it won't do anything (like a layer on top)

Thanks.

Andre, I really don't know, I would say from the lighting a saw in the clouds etc bloom and light were working. Try it and you tell me. Like I said I don't know and it would be nice to know. I turned it off after watching a flyboy FSL stream he is an IRL FO and showed the lights on LS FD AP are the true colour if you turn off P3D HDR and he uses EF also.

I would be interested in your finding as it seems the wife has me to Bizzy to fly till Sunday.

• Upvote 1

Also, the manual is still misleading we all know we should turn the top two options OFF in Auto mode but now it seems with ASP4 EF works better with both ON. 

REX should reach out for more beta testers to help.

42 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Also, the manual is still misleading we all know we should turn the top two options OFF in Auto mode but now it seems with ASP4 EF works better with both ON. 

REX should reach out for more beta testers to help.

EF is a complex product: it is sometimes compared to other static shaders (and now the called dynamic ones) but don't forget all EF tweaks are tied to real weather readings in auto mode (not just link to a season variable or time of the date variable). Also, we are changing the lightning variables as you fly so EF can't be compared to shader addons where lightning is given (all light is passed hard-coded to the shader). Needless to say texture swaps on-the-fly, or the overcast/cloud framework features.

We are also ironing the bugs, so you will have noticed that with our existing Beta Team and the Insiders group we have fixed many bugs and there are some more fixes to come. We are also polishing the auto-mode algorithms.

What's next? Is to have a fully customize shader tool, for the ones who like to tweak. For the ones who like to fly, auto mode will have more robust algorithms which will improve the flying immersion.

For all of you who have interacted with us, I would like to thank you personally.

We will continue to listen to your suggestions.

Thanks

Federico

Edited by fs1
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Federico Sucari

53 minutes ago, awf said:

Then I wonder why there should be an option in EF to turn off HDR?

Patric

Edited by pscharff

1 hour ago, JoeFackel said:

It just depends on where the cloud is. Is it between you and the sun, the clouds surface showing in your direction is dark.

cockpit2_zps2bookxab.jpg

Edited by awf

André

1 minute ago, awf said:

cockpit2_zps2bookxab.jpg

And I was thinking that we were talking about Fs ....

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0