Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

Environment Force Discussion Thread

On 5/23/2019 at 4:51 PM, Michael Moe said:

That sounds like a good ideer 😉 my friend. 

Maybe ENVSHADE is not really restoring to default as it is suppose to in Its software. 

Oh well i also find the FSL bus harder and harder to maintain my 25 fps. But thats another ball game. 

Michael Moe 

And David wisdom we found again :-)

EF is good allthough my port 19284 with ASP4 is giving me a hard time the FPS and visual is back up again here in 4.4

I know you are on 4.5 so i will leave my comment here but thanks for the client deal

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I've had to do a compromise with EF because I'm in VR on a 2080ti/Rift CV1. I was loosing too many frames and it was stuttering. So what i did was go back to ENVSHADE and ASCA and only use EF for smoothing, scene lighting and water control in auto.

The fps problem I had with with using EF and SF textures were that cloud morphing can have a significant impact and the minimum cloud res of 512 is too high - I need 256 which ASCA/ENVSHADE provides.

But EF is still useful for controlling scene lighting in auto and being able to make real time adjustments.

I used time-lapse to show the light on the clouds. But you get this effect if you look around the scene and can see where the sunlight is coming from with how the clouds are lit. So in a way, this does not show the scene but a snapshot of what happens if you look around it.

Sun behind my aircraft. Sun directly onto clouds

behind.jpg 

Sun behind the clouds

infrount.jpg

Sun just above the clouds.

low.jpg

But after trying HDR ON in P3D and OFF for the FSL it is staying OFF.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Which tools do I need actualy? 

I have AS P3D, REX SF, REX EF currently installed because i install my system from scratch at the moment. 

Now I`m asking myself if i need: ASCA, Texture Direct, ENVTEX and ENVSHADE still?

I own all of them but which of them do i still "need" ?

thank you

Edited by 331BK

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

23 minutes ago, 331BK said:

Which tools do I need actualy? 

I have AS P3D, REX SF, REX EF currently installed because i install my system from scratch at the moment. 

Now I`m asking myself if i need: ASCA, Texture Direct, ENVTEX and ENVSHADE still?

I own all of them but which of them do i still "need" ?

thank you

ASP4 SF (set up options and ever open again) EF in Auto mode. 

That should be it.

If you fly the FSL I surgest you turn p3D HDR OFF this way you get proper green lights for the FD/LS etc.

Run with that for a week or so and see if you need anything else.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

ASP4 SF (set up options and ever open again) EF in Auto mode. 

That should be it.

If you fly the FSL I surgest you turn p3D HDR OFF this way you get proper green lights for the FD/LS etc.

Run with that for a week or so and see if you need anything else.

Thank you i will try this out

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

Is it better to use ASP4 without ASCA .

When to fly with ASCA must i use Full Dynamics or Global Automatic.

I use Skyforce 3D

Thanks

Frank from EDDM

WIN 11 64 Pro, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, I7 13700K, be-quiet Loop Silent 2 WK, RTX 3090 OC, 32 GB DDR5 Kingston Fury Beast EXPO, 4x Nvme Samsung PRO, MS2020, be quiet SP11 850 Watt

4 hours ago, 0Artur0 said:

Why would EF effect frame rates at all?

That's the question. It really shouldn't do anything to your performance but some people have reported huge FPS losses. AFAIK that has been fixed with the latest update, though.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

6 hours ago, Nyxx said:

I used time-lapse to show the light on the clouds. But you get this effect if you look around the scene and can see where the sunlight is coming from with how the clouds are lit. So in a way, this does not show the scene but a snapshot of what happens if you look around it.

Sun behind my aircraft. Sun directly onto clouds

behind.jpg 

Sun behind the clouds

infrount.jpg

Sun just above the clouds.

low.jpg

But after trying HDR ON in P3D and OFF for the FSL it is staying OFF.

Thanks for the screenshots.

Imho in the screenshot “ sun behind the clouds”  the clouds that are too dark. Like it is going to rain.

The screenshot “ sun above clouds” looks also better as “ sun behind the clouds “

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

36 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Thanks for the screenshots.

Imho in the screenshot “ sun behind the clouds”  the clouds that are too dark. Like it is going to rain.

The screenshot “ sun above clouds” looks also better as “ sun behind the clouds “

The one with the dark clouds I should have posted last as it was just before "dusk" with the sun very low. 

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

Looks pretty much how it looks here. Surely the darkness depends on the depth the sunlight has to travel through. Smaller (thinner) clous should be lighter, yes.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Is the issiue known, that the In Sim Weather Conditions are shown allways with ????&AO before the weather data begin ? 

That`s if you use AS and disable real-time weather data read when i enable real time weather data read the correct "ICAO" is listed.

Edited by 331BK

sfo_a320.png

I finally bought it.

I lost all cloud shadows when using EF in combination with ENVSHADE, even though it was advertised as compatible with other shader add-ons. So, I uninstalled ENVSHADE and now the VC is too bright in comparison to VC look when using ENVSHADE.
I asked so many questions and when I thought I knew everything I bought it. Now I'm here again instead of flying. Very disappointed.

1 hour ago, 0Artur0 said:

I finally bought it.

I lost all cloud shadows when using EF in combination with ENVSHADE, even though it was advertised as compatible with other shader add-ons. So, I uninstalled ENVSHADE and now the VC is too bright in comparison to VC look when using ENVSHADE.
I asked so many questions and when I thought I knew everything I bought it. Now I'm here again instead of flying. Very disappointed.

Yep! EF is on the shelf. I really wanted to make it work but to much tweaking and twerking. I ain’t got time for that. 

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV