Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

Environment Force Discussion Thread

5 hours ago, GSalden said:

Like I wrote : the preset will be released tomorrow.

Make sure you first have installed the default Shaders. Then install EF. 

Load the preset with PTA and close PTA. Run EF and use manual mode , so not Automated, as there are expressions in the PTA preset ( already making dynamic changes ). 

Use the EF sliders for finetuning to your liking, as one may like more saturated colors and someone else likes less bright colors etc.

Keep in mind that sky colors have a big influence on the overall look. So someone with Skyforce might finetune different from someone using ASCA or freeware skies.

Sorry for my ignorance. But if I have EF in manual mode and shaders run under PTA, which is the aim of EF?

I suppose that one of the aims of EF is morphing clouds in real time automatically. Will PTA or TS work in EF automatic mode?

In fact, I don`t understand really well EF and I have always used PTA or TS and I love them. I don`t like at all EF automatic haze and rayleigh (I think they are too soft). But in the other side I love everything EF does with clouds. So my questin is: Is there any way to get PTA or TS working "normal" and everything related with sky colors and clouds working automatically with EF?

Thank you so much in advance.

• Like 1

I don't think Gerard owns EF.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I'm going with ASP4 + Gerard PTA preset + Envtex Skies via ASCA + SF for cloud textures and structure/models.

• Like 1

Eric 

9 hours ago, Nyxx said:

I don't think Gerard owns EF.

That is correct.

I have a WidevieW setup ( multiple view pc’s ) and only FSGRW is able to sync clouds over the network.  

The weather program sends sync’d weather data to all networked view pc’s so it all looks the same..

Hopfully the main weather programs once will be able to do that too..

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

On 5/28/2019 at 7:22 PM, Michael Moe said:

Nice David. I use HDR OFF. I find it better. How is your performance? 

Could you mail /PM me your daytime settings. Would love to try something. 

Just P3D. Using Auto in EF 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Am at work but here are my Day time setting.

This is for FSL DAY ONLY

Display

FFAA=OFF

AA=8xSSAA

Texture Filtering 16x

Texture Res 4096

FPS locked at 26 (FFTF =0.10)

-------

World

Terrain from top to bottom

high

Med

5m

30cm

I use "TICK "use high res terrain textures

Scenery Complexity

Top to bottom

Normal

Med

Normal

Normal

I use Orbx HD trees so Dynamic 3D Autogen Veg OFF

Water

Med

All Reflections OFF

Special Effects

Both Med

----------------------------

Lighting

HDR

Brightness 1.0

Bloom 0.2

Sat 1.0

Dynamic Reflections Middle setting

DL OFF

Landing light OFF as with FSL you need DL ON to work

Lens flare OFF

Shadows

Shadow quality low

Shadow draw distance MAX

Casting and receiving

Options ticked are

Internal vehicle both ON

External Vehicle both ON

Simulation Objects both ON (makes airports come to life big time)

Clouds Cast ON

------------

All Traffic OFF I use UTL for that. Cars are killers imo.

------

That's it, night time is different and so is PMDG.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

47 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Am at work but here are my Day time setting.

This is for FSL DAY ONLY

Display

FFAA=OFF

AA=8xSSAA

Texture Filtering 16x

Texture Res 4096

FPS locked at 26 (FFTF =0.10)

-------

World

Terrain from top to bottom

high

Med

5m

30cm

I use "TICK "use high res terrain textures

Scenery Complexity

Top to bottom

Normal

Med

Normal

Normal

I use Orbx HD trees so Dynamic 3D Autogen Veg OFF

Water

Med

All Reflections OFF

Special Effects

Both Med

----------------------------

Lighting

HDR

Brightness 1.0

Bloom 0.2

Sat 1.0

Dynamic Reflections Middle setting

DL OFF

Landing light OFF as with FSL you need DL ON to work

Lens flare OFF

Shadows

Shadow quality low

Shadow draw distance MAX

Casting and receiving

Options ticked are

Internal vehicle both ON

External Vehicle both ON

Simulation Objects both ON (makes airports come to life big time)

Clouds Cast ON

------------

All Traffic OFF I use UTL for that. Cars are killers imo.

------

That's it, night time is different and so is PMDG.

Thanks David. Will try your setup. Looks like i have some sliders like complexity to high.Unlimited fps@25HZ is amazingly smooth on my system. Thanks Michael Moe. Will report back. 

• Like 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Hi all,

a short question,

i'm using ENV, EF, SF & AS.  Is it okay to use the shaders of ENV and EF at the same time or collide them, using them parralel?

Joachim

Regards Joachim

Has anyone had any issues with visibility?

When I used EF in auto mode and no weather smoothing, the visibility at the surface does not match the reported conditions in ASP4. What config do I need to use such that ASP4 changes my visibility?

Yes, visibility issues here also, just spent 4 hrs testing EF and decided to go back to tomatoshade now. 

I also had strange issue where the 3d cloud size kept pulsing large/small. I was watching the mini UI and the numbers were going up/down 0.64-0.54. It got really annoying and I have seen this on previous builds also. 

They will get EF right eventually and its a great concept but I dont want to be constantly testing software!  

55 minutes ago, kand said:

Yes, visibility issues here also, just spent 4 hrs testing EF and decided to go back to tomatoshade now. 

I also had strange issue where the 3d cloud size kept pulsing large/small. I was watching the mini UI and the numbers were going up/down 0.64-0.54. It got really annoying and I have seen this on previous builds also. 

They will get EF right eventually and its a great concept but I dont want to be constantly testing software!  

REX has underwhelmed me in recent years. Yet another product that will be shelved. Marketing is a powerful tool. EF has great potential but it’s current implementation is poor. 

I am using TomatoShade (RD preset v1.18) with EF and SF (RD Theme v1.1). However, I find the sky looks so dull or gloomy for a sunny day in the Caribbean.

How do I brighten up the scenery, do I change settings in TS or do I change settings in the mini UI; with either one which of the parameters do I change to get the sky looking brighter?

Thanks,

23 hours ago, Ben Cap said:

REX has underwhelmed me in recent years. Yet another product that will be shelved. Marketing is a powerful tool. EF has great potential but it’s current implementation is poor. 

Well, that is your point of you. We have been working in bringing new dimensions and immersions to P3D and we have accomplished it. There are other simpler products that may fit your profile. 

Edited by fs1
  • Like 3

Federico Sucari

On 5/31/2019 at 1:17 PM, kand said:

We have been using techniques that have never been used in the flight sim and the product has been evolving.

I don’t understand what you say about the menu? What’s wrong?

Constructive feedback is appreciated but I really don’t know what you are talking about.

Edited by fs1

Federico Sucari

4 hours ago, fs1 said:

We have been using techniques that have never been used in the flight sim and the product has been evolving.

I don’t understand what you say about the menu? What’s wrong?

Constructive feedback is appreciated but I really don’t know what you are talking about.

Hi Federico

Not sure what more there is to say regarding this problem, I thought I was quite clear?  it has also been reported on your support forum. I am not bashing your product, just stating my experience. 

It seems that if you switch from auto to manual back to auto within the same FS session, a glitch then occurs in auto mode of EF where the 3D cloud scalar modulates the size of the 3d cloud. This can be observed in the mini UI where the value for cloud size will for example modulate between 0.64-0.54- 0.64. I have seen this since launch of the product

1 hour ago, kand said:

Hi Federico

Not sure what more there is to say regarding this problem, I thought I was quite clear?  it has also been reported on your support forum. I am not bashing your product, just stating my experience. 

It seems that if you switch from auto to manual back to auto within the same FS session, a glitch then occurs in auto mode of EF where the 3D cloud scalar modulates the size of the 3d cloud. This can be observed in the mini UI where the value for cloud size will for example modulate between 0.64-0.54- 0.64. I have seen this since launch of the product

Well this is a bug and reported and way to be fixed. Note that this does not happen always, most of users don't experience it. So, we are looking at your case.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Federico Sucari