Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

Environment Force Discussion Thread

Dave and Joe, will try that. Will report back, thanks guy's.

• Like 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Thanks lads, that did the trick. Back to steady 30fps in the FSL

• Like 2

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Yeah, i nearly stumbled over that too.

That was not a wise decision by REX to let EF "change" this setting. EF should read the setting from installed SF. Its obvious that may trigger performance issues.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

8 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

Yeah, i nearly stumbled over that too.

That was not a wise decision by REX to let EF "change" this setting. EF should read the setting from installed SF. Its obvious that may trigger performance issues.

Yes, that is what threw me. I thought wrongly that 512 clouds in SF was sufficient.

It was crashing my whole system. I had to reinstall almost everything. Just repaired it from the P3D setup file for the 3rd time. I have the new 2.0 Beta EF and so far I cant tell if it works or not? I thought there was supposed to be a smooth weather transition. I still have clods poping up out of nowhere

9 minutes ago, broncoblair said:

It was crashing my whole system. I had to reinstall almost everything. Just repaired it from the P3D setup file for the 3rd time. I have the new 2.0 Beta EF and so far I cant tell if it works or not? I thought there was supposed to be a smooth weather transition. I still have clods poping up out of nowhere

I dont understand what is your issue. The popping of clouds has not been a problem reported. You can go ahead and post in the forums for support.

The weather transition is working as expected.

Federico Sucari

I installed the beta tonight and IMO it's now all the little niggles are gone.

Here is a Test I did from current to beta. 

I ran a test EGNX at 8 pm, the sun on Runway 27 is at 1 o'clock behind the cloud to the right. So VC should not be very bright, no VC lighting is turned ON. With ASP4, PMDG NG. It's about to rain here BTW so it looks just how it should.

No other shaders being used. Just SF and EF

All in FULL AUTO Mode.

The current version, IMO VC is to light.

VC1.jpg

The same scene with Beta.

beta-VC.jpg

The current version, looking right showing more VC

VC-2.jpg

Same with new Beta

beta-VC2.jpg

The Overhead really should not have much light on it.

Current version. Way to much light.

normal-OH.jpg

New Beta looks perfect.

beta-OH.jpg

Here are two from a quick flight round KLAS in the sun.

All upper clouds fixed, really nice depth to the scene.

lv1.jpg

LV.jpg

Great work guys.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 5

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

So Nyxx,

Are you telling me it's safe to install and use this app now?

I yanked it two days after installing it for all the reasons mentioned upon it's initial release. Haven't bothered to check back regarding viability since then until just reading your post.

Cheers,

Mark

Wait for the new build, Mark. I've been playing around with it all night (beta), I had to adjust by P3D HDR brightness to the level I used with PTA and TS 1.3. But everyone can fine tune to there own liking. Personly I love it. But am not trying to use shaders over shaders.

Is it safe? I had to uninstall the current version to install Beta, no problems at all.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

How do I download the beta?

4 hours ago, Ben Cap said:

How do I download the beta?

simple  solution  was to head  over  to the rex  forum

• Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

8 hours ago, pete_auau said:

simple  solution  was to head  over  to the rex  forum

Thank you!

This new beta appears to have resolved the visibility issues. I am enjoying this version 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Nyxx said:

I installed the beta tonight and IMO it's now all the little niggles are gone.

Here is a Test I did from current to beta. 

I ran a test EGNX at 8 pm, the sun on Runway 27 is at 1 o'clock behind the cloud to the right. So VC should not be very bright, no VC lighting is turned ON. With ASP4, PMDG NG. It's about to rain here BTW so it looks just how it should.

No other shaders being used. Just SF and EF

All in FULL AUTO Mode.

The current version, IMO VC is to light.

VC1.jpg

The same scene with Beta.

beta-VC.jpg

The current version, looking right showing more VC

VC-2.jpg

Same with new Beta

beta-VC2.jpg

The Overhead really should not have much light on it.

Current version. Way to much light.

normal-OH.jpg

New Beta looks perfect.

beta-OH.jpg

Here are two from a quick flight round KLAS in the sun.

All upper clouds fixed, really nice depth to the scene.

lv1.jpg

LV.jpg

Great work guys.

Hi David

I am in the same boat as you . Now i actually needs to have brightness at 1.3 with HDR on but it looks amazing with latest EF update.

Another thing that really impressed me today which might not be the update that is responsibly for this  was the light during pushback at gate T24 at LEMD today with EZ.G-EZUI A320. The fuselage - It whent from rather dark red to its orange colour during pushback. I cant remember seeing this before. Really nice.

Also i got the 1903 windows update today and on my side its even better. Very very smooth indeed with your settings :-)

Thanks my friend .  (now using HDR again )

Oh one thing , why is the VHF1 lit up  (pushed offcause )but not the other radio buttons in the VC ? (sometimes they do though but havent had them for a while)

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe
  • Upvote 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

4 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Very very smooth indeed with your settings 🙂

Thanks my friend .  (now using HDR again )

Oh one thing , why is the VHF1 lit up  (pushed offcause )but not the other radio buttons in the VC ? (sometimes they do though but havent had them for a while)

Michael Moe

Really happy they helped you Michael.

EF does really look great now with this update.

Not sure I understand about the VHF1

9 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Really happy they helped you Michael.

EF does really look great now with this update.

Not sure I understand about the VHF1

Thanks David. 

The button backlights on the radio stack 

Pushing up the others dont light them 

Michael Moe 

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png