Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

Environment Force Discussion Thread

Thanks for the feedback. As mentioned, EF is evolving and maturing. We are looking at fine tuning the lighting which is one of the programs main features.

We will be adding more robust automation algorithms as well, and other features we will be announcing soon.

Edited by fs1
  • Like 6

Federico Sucari

16 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Thanks David. 

The button backlights on the radio stack 

Pushing up the others dont light them 

Michael Moe 

All fine here but I have seen streamers have that problem.

vhs.jpg

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Hello

i have a question:

I have AS, Asca, Skyforce 3d, Environment, PTA. So I used EF in manual mode - changes the weather in manual mode too or not?
And I startet AS with Asca. Do I need Asca with EF or not?

Thank you and best regards
Andre

So Environment Force 5 is breaking the day/night cycle. This is an immersion breaking bug that several people, me included, are experiencing. While I like the ability to load textures on the fly, that ability is not worth it at the cost of the day/night cycle.

I certainly can not recommend it until it is fixed and will be uninstalling it.

Sad, since the REX products are generally good programs.

Edited by justadude

1 hour ago, justadude said:

So Environment Force 5 is breaking the day/night cycle. This is an immersion breaking bug that several people, me included, are experiencing. While I like the ability to load textures on the fly, that ability is not worth it at the cost of the day/night cycle.

What's the issue?

18 hours ago, justadude said:

This is a bug being fixed.

Thanks 

Federico Sucari

19 hours ago, justadude said:

The idea of SF is good. No argue about that. Support is also very good.

But the conclusion 3.5 months after release :  

it has been released with a lot of issues/bugs and it still has. It has been released too early and been beta tested not thoroughly enough.

Hopefully they are able to make it work like they wanted it to...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Does anyone else get bad framerates while using REF? I do, and it seems to have to do with clouds. It can go down to single-digit FPS in an overcast situation, where without REF I get 30 or more. No clouds, and the FPS numbers go up a little. Deleted the shader cache, run P3D without REF, and everything is back to normal.

Edit: I think once in such a situation, rebuilding the shaders in REF helped. But it doesn't always, or doesn't anymore...

Edited by d.tsakiris

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

34 minutes ago, d.tsakiris said:

Does anyone else get bad framerates while using REF? I do, and it seems to have to do with clouds. It can go down to single-digit FPS in an overcast situation, where without REF I get 30 or more. No clouds, and the FPS numbers go up a little. Deleted the shader cache, run P3D without REF, and everything is back to normal.

Edit: I think once in such a situation, rebuilding the shaders in REF helped. But it doesn't always, or doesn't anymore...

Have a look in the manual section inside the software and disable cirrus overcast layer and set textures to 512 overall

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Hi Michael, thanks...so you had the same problem? Cloud textures are already at 512 in ASCA. Until now I have only really used the automatic mode in TEF, but I will have a look!

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

On 8/11/2019 at 9:27 AM, GSalden said:

The idea of SF is good. No argue about that. Support is also very good.

But the conclusion 3.5 months after release :  

it has been released with a lot of issues/bugs and it still has. It has been released too early and been beta tested not thoroughly enough.

Hopefully they are able to make it work like they wanted it to...

I believe one thing that everyone fails to realize.  This program just doesn't swap out textures. This is doing some pretty amazing work in the background.  Part of that is manipulating memory writes/reads.  This can become very tricky and it is impossible to catch every single issue on release.  No one can do that - not even APPLE or MICROSOFT can accomplish that and they have billions to spend on testing.  Our team works hard to try to squash bugs, but with Environment Force requires even extra work when  you are trying to find the right tweak that doesn't mess something else up in memory.

SO we ask for your understanding as we hunt this down.  

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

26 minutes ago, d.tsakiris said:

Hi Michael, thanks...so you had the same problem? Cloud textures are already at 512 in ASCA. Until now I have only really used the automatic mode in TEF, but I will have a look!

Hi 

Yes a lot in here have the issue . because layers are a word not allowed :-)

Remember to also check EF for 512 textures

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Will do - thanks

Best regards, Dimitrios

So, with those settings my FPS are almost back to normal. I see a 10 % loss with REF active, compared to default shaders, or EnvShade in "performance mode", for what it's worth. So thanks, Michael!

Best regards, Dimitrios

Does EF need to be running in the background like SkyForce to enable on the fly texture transitions due to weather and time of day or do you set/forget it and close when running P3d and AS?

Can't imagine having yet another program running with everything else when flying and expecting acceptable frames...

Chris Camp