Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

Environment Force Discussion Thread

Just rename the .exe, worked for me

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

1 minute ago, Nyxx said:

He said he did not want to uninstall 🙂 

All I did was untick all 4 of the options in ASCA settings. 

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

7 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

that's the easiest way. worked for me too.

• Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Yeah added .off and it don't load. No more bugging me ASCA. Thanks Joe.

Edited by reecemj
  • Like 1

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

I posted this in the REX forum but did not get a definitive answer.  Does EF dynamically change all the sky/cloud textures on the fly that are available with SF or just the ones from the theme that the user loaded?  Seems like I am having better results using Envtex/ASCA just for dynamic sky textures and letting EF/SF handle the rest.  I also think Envtex sky textures are still superior to anything else.

Matt Wilson

Very disappointed in the product so far. I only see value in it by using Auto mode, but the shaders in Auto mode are certainly not to my liking and I can't seem to adjust them.

Does anyone know if there is a way to set limits for certain parameters when using EF in auto mode?

I have found that a few settings in Auto mode are not to my liking at all. For example, clouds at night are far too bright.

I've found that it doesn't matter if I use a PTA preset or not underneath the EF. EF will just adjust to these super bright clouds at night and it seems there's nothing I can do to stop it.

In EF you can adjust the setting drag open the menu then click on Exposure Key circle the mouse point to adjust to your liking then save the profile, then that will be your profile for Auto Mode.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

5 minutes ago, DChockey08 said:

Very disappointed in the product so far. I only see value in it by using Auto mode, but the shaders in Auto mode are certainly not to my liking and I can't seem to adjust them.

Does anyone know if there is a way to set limits for certain parameters when using EF in auto mode?

I have found that a few settings in Auto mode are not to my liking at all. For example, clouds at night are far too bright.

I've found that it doesn't matter if I use a PTA preset or not underneath the EF. EF will just adjust to these super bright clouds at night and it seems there's nothing I can do to stop it.

. IMPORTANT NOTE: Please do not manually adjust any cloud parameters while in automation mode. 
Manual 

as  stated  in the manual

• Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

12 minutes ago, rjfry said:

In EF you can adjust the setting drag open the menu then click on Exposure Key circle the mouse point to adjust to your liking then save the profile, then that will be your profile for Auto Mode.

It will but perhaps its best to point out you have to load that profile every time on startup.

I hope the profile you load in an update will persist/stick. Save us from loading the same profile every time.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

20 hours ago, Nyxx said:

I would suggest at the moment in time you use.

ASP4 with SF (closed) EF, on AUTO with these setting.

The top two options you don't want on as ASP4 deals with them.

ef.jpg

You Need HDR to make use of EF HDR

Probably needs toning down thought BloomBlur and Key.

As for using it with TS am still waiting for the fix. Until then after watching chewwy stream today showing EF, it looks fantastic.

Pardon me , why do "Enable Real Time  Weather data read " have to be off if you are using active sky as the weather engine ? Doesn't EF gets its weather from Active Sky ?

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

Just now, mr340 said:

Pardon me , why do "Enable Real Time  Weather data read " have to be off if you are using active sky as the weather engine ? Doesn't EF gets its weather from Active Sky ?

if  your  using  sky force   weather  engine  you  would  have  it  on,  but  since  most  of  us  are  using  active  sky   you  turn it  off.  You  cant  have  both  running  at the  same  time

• Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Just now, pete_auau said:

if  your  using  sky force   weather  engine  you  would  have  it  on,  but  since  most  of  us  are  using  active  sky   you  turn it  off.  You  cant  have  both  running  at the  same  time

I know you can't have both, I am asking because I thought this setting should remain On so rex can gets its data from active sky while having the weather engine disable in SF. 

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

20 minutes ago, mr340 said:

Yes EF reads the data from ASP4 so it does not need to be read from another source like SF or any other source. It's for the same reason why you "need" to turn off "enable weather smoothing" you can leave both ON even with ASP4, but you don't need them options on when using ASP4 weather. Really is better to turn both off.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, JoeFackel said:

Okay, thanks.

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Edited by djbully

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/