Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

Environment Force Discussion Thread

39 minutes ago, mtr75 said:

I am confused then, I thought EF had one? if not I am buying SF. 

what weather  engine  are  you  using  now

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

SF does not tweak terrain / Nightlighting  and several other things. It is a clouds/sky/water Shade app + some additional features. Which is good

I take  it  you meant  to  type  ef  and  not  sf?

take  a look  at this  video near  the  12 min

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOh391EhNeQ&t=1726s

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

37 minutes ago, earthdog said:

So i spent a couple of hours with EF / PTA and Reshade.

Bottom line is that for now i will continue to use my PTA and Reshade profiles and have EF only for the cloud sync and morph (i hope it will work only for that.

The settings that i am using in EF for that purpose are:

Snipaste-2019-05-04-15-20-56.jpg

The reason for staying with PTA and Reshade is that EF did not give much more, in fact less if you add the ambient light from Reshade (EF cannot compete with a good ambient light setting in Reshade). IT is still too saturated for my likings. I have managed to bring saturation to dusk/dawn with PTA as i need it and leave saturation "die" the rest of the day. I did not notice much difference with EF on that.

Just a couple of pics that i couldn;t get with EF (Maybe i will try another day after some hotfixes).

Also of course you cant have VC lighting with EF also.

Prepar3-D-2019-05-04-15-16-42.jpg
Prepar3-D-2019-05-04-15-17-13.jpg
Prepar3-D-2019-05-04-15-17-51.jpg
Prepar3-D-2019-05-04-15-18-28.jpg
Prepar3-D-2019-05-04-15-18-54.jpg
Prepar3-D-2019-05-04-15-19-49.jpg

Earth I think u nail it with pta an reshade. Very nice morn an evening shots.I would not add anything. 

• Upvote 1

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

42 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

what weather  engine  are  you  using  now

None, I thought EF had a weather engine. It does not?

Just now, mtr75 said:

None, I thought EF had a weather engine. It does not?

No.

Skyforce has, or you can use ActiveSky

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

Just now, earthdog said:

No.

Skyforce has, or you can use ActiveSky

Well there ya go, then. That's the one thing about REX, what does what can be very unclear. Thanks!

Is anybody using REF smoothing with the RSF weather engine? I'm flying now in Europe with no AS and using the weather engine of RSF (LFKJtoEDDC) and it appears much of the abrupt weather insertion of the RSF engine has been fixed by the smoothing of REF. I do notice an oddity though: pulsating clouds from time to time which I don't know why that's occuring.

Edited by Lenny777

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

I am using SF3D, ASP4 and EF in Automated Mode. I've made some flights but I have not yet seen any cloud dynamics (morphing, size and color changing). Maybe my expectations were too high but I did not yet experience any of that what has been advertised in REX EF videos. I can make changes with the mini GUI, but wasn't Automated Mode supposed to do this? I don't want to tweak the whole time ...

Edited by Nemo
  • Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I put in a request at the REX forum to add VC lighting/shading to EF.  Manual and automatic mode.  If enough people request it, it sounds like a good possibility they will add it in a future update.  As it is now most people are still using envshade/pta to achieve better cockpit lighting.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Matt Wilson

The same here. No cloud dynamics (morphing, size and color changing ) that I can see. Have experienct with time 16x, 32, but nothing. Always the same clouds.

2 minutes ago, harleywolf said:

The same here. No cloud dynamics (morphing, size and color changing ) that I can see. Have experienct with time 16x, 32, but nothing. Always the same clouds.

So we have to ask in the REX forum ...

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

26 minutes ago, Nemo said:

I am using SF3D, ASP4 and EF in Automated Mode. I've made some flights but I have not yet seen any cloud dynamics (morphing, size and color changing). Maybe my expectations were too high but I did not yet experience any of that what has been advertised in REX EF videos. I can make changes with the mini GUI, but wasn't Automated Mode supposed to do this? I don't want to tweak the whole time ...

My experience as well, except I'm using FSGlobal weather.

13 minutes ago, newtie said:

My experience as well, except I'm using FSGlobal weather.

That's interesting. But did't REX claim EF can be used with every weather engine?

- Harry 

34 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

I put in a request at the REX forum to add VC lighting/shading to EF.  Manual and automatic mode.  If enough people request it, it sounds like a good possibility they will add it in a future update.  As it is now most people are still using envshade/pta to achieve better cockpit lighting.

This ^ 

Plus ambient light like reshade does....

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

Folks,

I have SF3D, but do not have PTA, ENVTEX or ENVSHADE, and not even fully sure what they do, but in reading, appear to enhance visuals. Honestly, it all seems a bit daunting to setup and configure. Would REX EF make this simpler, while improving visuals? What do i need to maximize the visuals? Please help, it's a rainy day here. and kid and significant other free, so have some time to play around! 🙂

Cheers!