vgbaron

Environment Force Discussion Thread

Just now, bbuckley said:

@fs1 you keep saying that but I’ve posted there and the responses are VERY slow and not helpful. 

PM me, I will be happy to help you. Thanks. Federico

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

2 minutes ago, fs1 said:

PM me, I will be happy to help you. Thanks. Federico

Thank you for that offer. I will pm you. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, bbuckley said:

Thank you for that offer. I will pm you. 

Sent you a PM via REX forums. Thanks Bruce

What's interesting/bothers/scares me about EF is that this is supposed to be a "hands-off" product, especially in auto mode.  But after reading 22 pages, folks have to keep making all kinds of changes whether it be to EF, the sim, etc.

I just can't help but avoid purchasing EF.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Dreamflight767 said:

What's interesting/bothers/scares me about EF is that this is supposed to be a "hands-off" product, especially in auto mode.  But after reading 22 pages, folks have to keep making all kinds of changes whether it be to EF, the sim, etc.

I just can't help but avoid purchasing EF.

It's a fine product with a lot of potential, just think for a moment is currently the only product that you can make changes on the fly and be able to see it without restarting the sim . It has some issues but nothing that the team couldn't find a fix  . No product is ever perfect out of the box some have its minor and major issues , I bought EF from day one it had its issues that is currently being updated rapidly . Never give up and them , and it works wonders in my sim . 

15 minutes ago, mr340 said:

It's a fine product with a lot of potential, just think for a moment is currently the only product that you can make changes on the fly and be able to see it without restarting the sim . It has some issues but nothing that the team couldn't find a fix  . No product is ever perfect out of the box some have its minor and major issues , I bought EF from day one it had its issues that is currently being updated rapidly . Never give up and them , and it works wonders in my sim . 

Thanks for the encouragement.  I'll keep my eyes on this product for feature use.

37 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Thanks for the encouragement.  I'll keep my eyes on this product for feature use

Be VERY VERY CAREFUL... At Frederico's request I just installed the beta fix and it COMPLETELY WIPED OUT MY P3D! Client, Content, Scenery, Add-ons, SimObjects, etc I am BEYOND INFURIATED! I am now going through a COMPLETE Re-Install.  REX is DEAD to me.

12 minutes ago, bbuckley said:

Be VERY VERY CAREFUL... At Frederico's request I just installed the beta fix and it COMPLETELY WIPED OUT MY P3D! Client, Content, Scenery, Add-ons, SimObjects, etc I am BEYOND INFURIATED! I am now going through a COMPLETE Re-Install.  REX is DEAD to me.

We are looking into this.

Federico

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, bbuckley said:

Wow..Just saw your post in rex before installing the beta. I hate this happen to you. Put the beta on hold REX.      

17 minutes ago, bbuckley said:

Ouch, that does indeed sound infuriating.

21 minutes ago, bbuckley said:

What version did you update from?

Whatever version was downloaded yesterday from the Transfer Manager. I've now deleted everything REX EF and I'm re-installing every ORBX Scenery, airport, other airports and luckily I keep back ups of my edited SImObjects panels and liveries. This is horrendous.

We have identified the issue in the Beta build and we are working on replacing the uninstaller. Bruce I will PM you. Thanks, Federico

20 minutes ago, fs1 said:

We have identified the issue in the Beta build and we are working on replacing the uninstaller. Bruce I will PM you. Thanks, Federico

What about us already installed that one, which is working fine happy with that one 😍

Just now, awf said:

What about us already installed that one, which is working fine happy with that one 😍

Just keep using it. You will receive an email from Reed so as to replace the uninstaller.

Just now, fs1 said:

Just keep using it. You will receive an email from Reed so as to replace the uninstaller.

Great thanks, already thought so great work guys love this stuff in the latest build...

We are aware of a problem with the Uninstaller. We are in contact with Advanced Uninstaller to see the issue. We will keep posted.

4 hours ago, bbuckley said:

Thank you for the warning.  I'm sorry to hear about your troubles.  I know how maddening these things can be.  Sometimes I just want to give up on this hobby.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

The only changes that are being made manually when in auto mode is adjusting HDR bloom/brightness, at least in my case. I haven't tested the new updates myself yet but it seems HDR has been fixed, which would mean you (or me) wouldn't have to touch a thing and could just leave it running in the background letting it do its thing.

17 hours ago, bbuckley said:

Be VERY VERY CAREFUL... At Frederico's request I just installed the beta fix and it COMPLETELY WIPED OUT MY P3D! Client, Content, Scenery, Add-ons, SimObjects, etc

I have unistalled the Beta also (before the announcement) but it luckily did not wipe anything from my install. Pooooh

Posted (edited)

From the things I managed to test I can tell that HDR / Bloom has indeed been corrected (or it performs way better).

The issue where the scene brightens up after looking at a bright light in the cockpit, was still present in this Beta.

For those not understanding what I wrote:

You sit in the VC and look outside -> everything looks ok.

You pan the view and look at something bright e.g. flood lights then return to the previous view -> the scene is much brighter and does not return to normal.

You have to switch to an outside view then go back to get it to the initial level.

Edited by GEKtheReaper

Posted (edited)

New to EV Force.  Everything seems fine EXCEPT FOR THE TERRAIN BRIGHTNESS!  Is there a manual way to get my scenery back to normal P3d levels?  If I'm reading this thread correctly, it seems brightness is an issue.  Has anyone come up with even a partial solution?

I wanted an automatic EV Force....seems that is not going to happen.

Stan

Edited by spilok

9 minutes ago, spilok said:

New to EV Force.  Everything seems fine EXCEPT FOR THE TERRAIN BRIGHTNESS!  Is there a manual way to get my scenery back to normal P3d levels?  If I'm reading this thread correctly, it seems brightness is an issue.  Has anyone come up with even a partial solution?

I wanted an automatic EV Force....seems that is not going to happen.

Stan

The HDR has been worked out. We are working out the Beta installers and will be available soon.

Federico

Thanks for the response.  Look forward to the results of your hard work.

Stan

Guess i am all in soon then 🙂 ,

Anyone using ENVSHADE with EF as well,  or totally not-needed anymore ?

Thanks

Michael Moe