vgbaron

Environment Force Discussion Thread

29 minutes ago, dyl55 said:

Hi,

I still have a problem with the mini UI, it pop up when I load a flight but it looks likes it's only a picture, not matter where I click ou try to scroll, nothing happen and I can't reduce the window

any clue ?

click on the  icon  on  the top  right  hand  corner  its  small  it  will min  to the  bottom  left hand  of  your  screen

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, fs1 said:

The greyish look is and old bug already fixed. Visit the forums for this. Thanks, Federico

you don't get my point. I did not say the greed out gauges.

What i mean is the overall greyish (standard P3D) look of the whole sim with EF, and it does not matter what EF user preset i inject.

Edited by RTK1972

1 hour ago, pete_auau said:

click on the  icon  on  the top  right  hand  corner  its  small  it  will min  to the  bottom  left hand  of  your  screen

Doesn't work, looks like mini ui freeze, no mather where I click nothing happen even scrolling through parameter doesn't work

40 minutes ago, dyl55 said:

Doesn't work, looks like mini ui freeze, no mather where I click nothing happen even scrolling through parameter doesn't work

Are you able to interact with P3d through mouse clicks? Do you hear the windows exclamation sound when trying to click on the gui? 

I had an issue where P3d kept losing windows focus, the problem was that entries in the p3d.cfg had changed from 0-1 to true false. Because I was updating my cfg byhand to preserve previous values, these 0-1 entries remained which was causing P3d to lose focus.

just a thought  

5 minutes ago, kand said:

Are you able to interact with P3d through mouse clicks? Do you hear the windows exclamation sound when trying to click on the gui? 

I had an issue where P3d kept losing windows focus, the problem was that entries in the p3d.cfg had changed from 0-1 to true false. Because I was updating my cfg byhand to preserve previous values, these 0-1 entries remained which was causing P3d to lose focus.

just a thought  

yes no problem at all to interact with p3d menu and everything, if I right click on p3d to show some menu, the mini UI disappear and come back as soon as right click menu is gone, but impossible to reduce it or interact, really look like a "stickers"

2 hours ago, RTK1972 said:

you don't get my point. I did not say the greed out gauges.

What i mean is the overall greyish (standard P3D) look of the whole sim with EF, and it does not matter what EF user preset i inject.

Why don’t you contact support? Thanks

12 hours ago, Jac_49 said:

I found the same problem when using Active Sky weather engine with EF and SF. A huge FPS drop!

Good to here that I´m not alone!

Posted (edited)

I use AS ,EF, SF not a huge fps drops , screens in the topic

Edited by westman

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, dyl55 said:

than post  in the  rex  forum is  the  thing  to  get  support,  as  per  the  first  post  in this  thread has  suggested

Edited by pete_auau

Update for EF is available now. 

• Like 1

Spoiler

I just signed on and got the upgrade,  Very awesome.

Cheers

bs

• Like 1

Update seemed to have improved on several aspects for me. P3Dv4.4

• Like 1

Awesome. Downloading now.

Posted (edited)

I think they nailed it. First test flight in the F-22 from KFHR to 8W3 at 05/17 1534Z. Disgusting weather in between with low visibility, two overcsat layers and rain in between both fields. I could not spot any (subjective observation) performance impacts from EF.

EF Automode (with out any mini UI tweaks, so truely fire up and forgett as advertised). Cloud lighting works and provides beautiful surroundings.

EF + AS4 + ORBX Regions + TrackIR p3d v4.5 hf1

Congratulation and pardon to the developers for giving them such a hard time. 🤐

blighter Raster

Edited by Rasterfahnder
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, Rasterfahnder said:

I think they nailed it. First test flight in the F-22 from KFHR to 8W3 at 05/17 1534Z. Disgusting weather in between with low visibility, two overcsat layers and rain in between both fields. I could not spot any (subjective observation) performance impacts from EF.

EF Automode (with out any mini UI tweaks, so truely fire up and forgett as advertised). Cloud lighting works and provides beautiful surroundings.

EF + AS4 + ORBX Regions + TrackIR p3d v4.5 hf1

Congratulation and pardon to the developers for giving them such a hard time. 🤐

blighter Raster

maybe  you post your  findings  in the  rex  forum  iam sure  they be  glad  to read  it  after  all  the  negatives   in here

I'm very happy with the new build. Visuals and performance are great. Though, brightness/bloom seem a bit too less now, but I guess this is very subjective and also because being accustomed to the former versions of EF. I've set Expose Key to default (0.370) now.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I got one of the best tips ever last night from watching Johnny (flyboy, an IRL easyjet FO) flying OFC the FSL. He pointed out how his FD & LS buttons were a true life "deep Green"!

Well, mine are almost white and bean like that for....well ever. TS/PTA cockpit lighting more than likely! He Said turn off HDR within P3D and let EF do its HDR. 

BOOM! deleted shaders restarted P3D VC lighting is really nice and all button lights are nice dark green also I noticed how nice a warmer glow from backlighting is. 

So after the patch last night I turn the blurry bloom timing thing to 0 sorry forgot name and set Save last setting ON at the top of mini UI. EF is now just as I hoped open/run forget.

Edited by Nyxx

21 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Well, mine are almost white and bean like that for....well ever. TS/PTA cockpit lighting more than likely! He Said turn off HDR within P3D and let EF do its HDR. 

BOOM! deleted shaders restarted P3D VC lighting is really nice and all button lights are nice dark green also I noticed how nice a warmer glow from backlighting is. 

So after the patch last night I turn the blurry bloom timing thing to 0 sorry forgot name and set Save last setting ON at the top of mini UI. EF is now just as I hoped open/run forget.

Didn't REX guys say that P3D HDR must me on if you want HDR in EF? Anyway, I'll try that too, nothing to loose.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Nemo said:

Didn't REX guys say that P3D HDR must me on if you want HDR in EF? Anyway, I'll try that too, nothing to loose.

That’s what I thought as well.

On the other they also state to have the cloud smoothing setting off in auto if using AS, but I have that ON and have a better experience regarding cloud morphing (iso popping).

so many variables lol, I’m losing track of the playbook...anyway nothing to lose to try David’s suggestion.😁

• Like 1

7 hours ago, timest said:

We'll take it along with the negatives @pete_auau 😉

We ARE listening folks. It only gets better from here. 

@bean_sprout @pvupilot @Rasterfahnder Thank you and I hope you continue to enjoy. 

Cheers!

I'm doing a test flight from Christchurch to Perth now with the new build. No tweak mode.

I can already see the adaption time between head down in cockpit and looking outside adjusts much more quickly now.

The exposure isn't as bright, whites no longer look washed out. My HDR settings in sim are 1.00, 1.00 and 1.00. I'm still on v4.4

EF settings are default. So far very happy that the ExposureKey and BloomBlurSigma are obviously much better at default.

I'm using ASv4, SF along with EF. No 3rd party shaders.

Well done REX, I for one am happy 🙂

Stu

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Orbitandy said:

That’s what I thought as well.

On the other they also state to have the cloud smoothing setting off in auto if using AS, but I have that ON and have a better experience regarding cloud morphing (iso popping).

so many variables lol, I’m losing track of the playbook...anyway nothing to lose to try David’s suggestion.😁

I totally agree I tried turning ON cloud smoothing as it "should " be off with ASP4 and found it a lot better with it on I also pushed the timer from 5m to 10m with ASP4 set to refresh every 15 mins.

Andy, Harry you might be right let me know your findings please guys.

Well im running EF and SF3D and the weather is just popping on weather generation compete. Bit annoying.

4 minutes ago, Riah069 said:

Well im running EF and SF3D and the weather is just popping on weather generation compete. Bit annoying.

I don't have SF running, no need too as stated by Developer. Using ASP4. You using AS ?

I don't have any popping. If you are using SF weather engine, you are going to get popping whether you like it or not.