vgbaron

Environment Force Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, GEKtheReaper said:

While one decided to buy the product, I decided to remove it (again) from my PC.

The negative experience made so far was a bit greater then the positive looks. This is the 3rd time I uninstalled this product (gave mostly every release a try) but no, it's not mature enough.

I have 2 (3) show stoppers and 1 annoying thing but I could live with that.

Showstoppers are:

1) The weird square overcast clouds layer

2) The bad Cirrus (slim repetitive pattern)

(3) I'm not sure if it's not hitting my PC to much

Annoyance:

1) The brightness while panning through the cockpit from dark areas back to pilot view.

 

I realy hope Federico and REX will get this sorted since I see a lot of potential behind.

its  AS  that's  causing  the  squares   clouds  known issue  check out  their  forum

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

@Rasterfahnder @timest,

time delta is at zero on my PC if I recall correctly but the setting causing the issue is Adaptive scalar (this is causing that "pupil effect"). Now guys...this pupil effect is already present in default P3D. So why to turn an effect down (so to say get rid of it) because EF doesen't handle it correctly?

The "not sure if it's hitting my PC to much" is to be understood exactly how it is wroten "I'm not sure". There were some updates in the last cople of weeks: we know P3D 4.5.11 had performance issues (I updated to 4.5.12), some Windows updates, some PW aircraft updates....and since all of this, I land my aircraft in a slideshow with 10FPS. I have to find out what is causing it.

Square clouds: I didn't know this comes from AS. It wasn't there before EF and it is not been seen after EF removal.

Cirrus the same: With EF slim repetitive pattern, without EF ok!

@timest: Review the posts I opened at REX forum regarding these (or some of the) issues. You have there videos and everything.

I'm sure all these things will be fixed in time and I'm also sure that EF is a great product. IMHO it has to mature longer. At this time I can live without it!

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, pete_auau said:

its  AS  that's  causing  the  squares   clouds  known issue  check out  their  forum

I'm unable to find anything recent regarding square OVC clouds on AS forum. There were some entries in 2016, 2018 but nothing recently.

Share this post


Link to post

Would be nice with HDR off saved setting and a minimized UI panel for us automated pilots.

Did a flight yesterday to Portland from San Diego. Really nice addon.

Michael Moe 

https://m.imgur.com/TRRtR3R

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Michael Moe said:

Would be nice with HDR off saved setting and a minimized UI panel for us automated pilots.

Morning Michael, there is an option to turn off HDR in the min UI, you have to switch on the  'Manual Lighting' to see the addition menu.

regards bob

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, onebob said:

Morning Michael, there is an option to turn off HDR in the min UI, you have to switch on the  'Manual Lighting' to see the addition menu.

regards bob

Thanks but every time i start the Sim i need to turn the HDR off. Even with saved variables and saved last state 

Michael Moe 

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/26/2019 at 3:57 AM, Nyxx said:

First flight completed after full reinstall and using only ASP4/SF/EF with P3D HRD turned off. 

Am happy.

EHAM taxing to 18C

1.jpg

Arrival at EDDN

2.jpg

 

And NO shader mods, correct? No PTA / env / TS ? 

Thanks, 

joby

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/26/2019 at 7:21 AM, GSalden said:

If he has PTA or TS he could make the clouds slightly lighter with a fixed value.

Then the starting point of EF would be lighter clouds to start with.

More like this :

Orbx%20NL%20-%20mod%203.jpg

 

Is that using one of your PTA presets?  If so, which one ?  

Thx

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, joby33y said:

And NO shader mods, correct? No PTA / env / TS ? 

Thanks, 

joby

No TS NO PTA.

But an update.

Today I turned ON within SF & EF HDR clouds etc, Turned ON P3D HDR so to let HDR work in EF. Today I did not change any setting in EF mini UI, I did nothing.

I lost my dark green lights in the FSL for the FD and LS but it did make a huge difference using HDR and EF using all its HDR in AUTO.

hdr.jpg

hdr2.jpg

 

 

Edited by Nyxx

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Hi, all smart PC. Plt! I use AS real time weather mode + EF auto mode + SF auto sync. How do I set the fog-mode in EF ui? Auto, manual or off?

Edited by Wennerholm

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, joby33y said:

Is that using one of your PTA presets?  If so, which one ?  

Thx

This is V4.4 april preset.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, GSalden said:

This is V4.4 april preset.

I'm going to to have to grab that one. Your latest one for May has way too much blue in it. For June, can you consider reducing the blue tint when lloking out on the horizon and adding in some brown? Would seem more summer like. 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, B777ER said:

I'm going to to have to grab that one. Your latest one for May has way too much blue in it. For June, can you consider reducing the blue tint when lloking out on the horizon and adding in some brown? Would seem more summer like. 

The difference between may 2019 and april 2018 is only terrain, cloud and objects Lighting .

Nothing has changed regarding color....

But it depends on what sky set you are using. Some are very blue and then the Environment will look blue too.

 

Edited by GSalden

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, GSalden said:

The difference between may 2019 and april 2018 is only terrain, cloud and objects Lighting .

Nothing has changed regarding color....

But it depends on what sky set you are using. Some are very blue and then the Environment will look blue too.

 

Copy, thanks. I'll stick with May 2019.

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/26/2019 at 1:57 PM, timest said:

Well thank goodness we fixed this and have given control for it in our latest beta update. 😉

This is not related to EF, rather the weather engine in use. 

Actually, this is not a fault of EF, it's how the sim renders cirrus in its default state. We will look at giving more control over this.

To be fair, if you're not sure, then why blame EF for that? 

See what @Rasterfahnder stated above. If that doesn't work, no worries, we have a more solid solution for our HDR in the next beta build working well.

Sounds like you all are getting this fine tuned pretty well. Once these beta builds are ready for RTM, think it will b be time to give it a go. I truly want a set it to auto mode and forget it product that shows what you would see with live weather data injection. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/30/2019 at 3:53 PM, rstough said:

Well said.

Let me ask this then. I have Sky Force, is it useless now ? Ive been using Active Sky as the weather engine with Sky Force. I also have Texture Direct. Im somewhat confused, are these products now useless ? How should I use Environment Force ? I have lots of  REX stuff, it all looks so cool but Im often confused on how these products interact with each other or if some of them overlap ?

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, broncoblair said:

Let me ask this then. I have Sky Force, is it useless now ? Ive been using Active Sky as the weather engine with Sky Force. I also have Texture Direct. Im somewhat confused, are these products now useless ? How should I use Environment Force ? I have lots of  REX stuff, it all looks so cool but Im often confused on how these products interact with each other or if some of them overlap ?

It's easy and the infos are everywhere on the REX website and forum.

SF is useless now ... when you don't want to have the sky textures!
EF is using SF for textures and cloud models, so SF is far from useless.

And without SF you can't have the new "Weather force" weather engine as it is an free upgrade to SF.

Share this post


Link to post

Anyone had this issue with Tropical Sim + EF 
attachment.php?aid=56

Share this post


Link to post

Last one.

egnx.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

Last one.

egnx.jpg

Nice David. I use HDR OFF. I find it better. How is your performance? 

Could you mail /PM me your daytime settings. Would love to try something. 

Just P3D. Using Auto in EF 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Edited by Michael Moe

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Nice David. I use HDR OFF. I find it better. How is your performance? 

Could you mail /PM me your daytime settings. Would love to try something. 

Just P3D. Using Auto in EF 

Thanks Michael Moe 

I lock FPS at 26 and they never go below that anywhere.

What Setting Michael? P3D or SF or EF or everything? or with or without tweaks?

Edited by Nyxx

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

I lock FPS at 26 and they never go below that anywhere.

What Setting Michael? P3D or SF or EF or everything? or with or without tweaks?

P3D i guess as a starter  . I really is struggling with this one in 4.5 . About 30% worse than PMDG birds.

I also find VSYNC off and 59HZ to be more smooth (less stutter) when my FPS dips below 23 fps which is rather new to me. Always used VSYNC/25HZ/unlimited

Locked 26FPS ? is this in P3D or outside ?

Thanks

David

i use 512 EF cloud textures and ASP4 at 90/140 cloud distance btw

 

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Michael Moe said:

P3D i guess as a starter  . I really is struggling with this one in 4.5 . About 30% worse than PMDG birds.

I also find VSYNC off and 59HZ to be more smooth (less stutter) when my FPS dips below 23 fps which is rather new to me. Always used VSYNC/25HZ. 

Locked 26FPS ? is this in P3D or outside ?

Thanks

David

i use 512 EF cloud textures and ASP4 at 90/140 cloud distance btw

 

Michael Moe

Am in bed now on my iPad but will get back to you.

ASP4 I run 5 cloud layers, clouds min 150, max 150, SF/EF all HDR options now on all textures set to DTX5 512.

I will get back to you on the rest 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Am in bed now on my iPad but will get back to you.

ASP4 I run 5 cloud layers, clouds min 150, max 150, SF/EF all HDR options now on all textures set to DTX5 512.

I will get back to you on the rest 

No rush 😎 😉

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Share this post


Link to post

So I bought last night. Its crashing P3D whenever i load a flight. Newest version of P3D. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now