vgbaron

Environment Force Discussion Thread

55 minutes ago, kand said:

Yes, visibility issues here also, just spent 4 hrs testing EF and decided to go back to tomatoshade now. 

I also had strange issue where the 3d cloud size kept pulsing large/small. I was watching the mini UI and the numbers were going up/down 0.64-0.54. It got really annoying and I have seen this on previous builds also. 

They will get EF right eventually and its a great concept but I dont want to be constantly testing software!  

REX has underwhelmed me in recent years. Yet another product that will be shelved. Marketing is a powerful tool. EF has great potential but it’s current implementation is poor. 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I am using TomatoShade (RD preset v1.18) with EF and SF (RD Theme v1.1). However, I find the sky looks so dull or gloomy for a sunny day in the Caribbean.

How do I brighten up the scenery, do I change settings in TS or do I change settings in the mini UI; with either one which of the parameters do I change to get the sky looking brighter?

Thanks,

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Ben Cap said:

REX has underwhelmed me in recent years. Yet another product that will be shelved. Marketing is a powerful tool. EF has great potential but it’s current implementation is poor. 

Well, that is your point of you. We have been working in bringing new dimensions and immersions to P3D and we have accomplished it. There are other simpler products that may fit your profile. 

Edited by fs1
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 5/31/2019 at 1:17 PM, kand said:

Yes, visibility issues here also, just spent 4 hrs testing EF and decided to go back to tomatoshade now. 

I also had strange issue where the 3d cloud size kept pulsing large/small. I was watching the mini UI and the numbers were going up/down 0.64-0.54. It got really annoying and I have seen this on previous builds also. 

They will get EF right eventually and its a great concept but I dont want to be constantly testing software!  

We have been using techniques that have never been used in the flight sim and the product has been evolving.

I don’t understand what you say about the menu? What’s wrong?

Constructive feedback is appreciated but I really don’t know what you are talking about.

Edited by fs1

4 hours ago, fs1 said:

We have been using techniques that have never been used in the flight sim and the product has been evolving.

I don’t understand what you say about the menu? What’s wrong?

Constructive feedback is appreciated but I really don’t know what you are talking about.

Hi Federico

Not sure what more there is to say regarding this problem, I thought I was quite clear?  it has also been reported on your support forum. I am not bashing your product, just stating my experience. 

It seems that if you switch from auto to manual back to auto within the same FS session, a glitch then occurs in auto mode of EF where the 3D cloud scalar modulates the size of the 3d cloud. This can be observed in the mini UI where the value for cloud size will for example modulate between 0.64-0.54- 0.64. I have seen this since launch of the product

1 hour ago, kand said:

Hi Federico

Not sure what more there is to say regarding this problem, I thought I was quite clear?  it has also been reported on your support forum. I am not bashing your product, just stating my experience. 

It seems that if you switch from auto to manual back to auto within the same FS session, a glitch then occurs in auto mode of EF where the 3D cloud scalar modulates the size of the 3d cloud. This can be observed in the mini UI where the value for cloud size will for example modulate between 0.64-0.54- 0.64. I have seen this since launch of the product

Well this is a bug and reported and way to be fixed. Note that this does not happen always, most of users don't experience it. So, we are looking at your case.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Hi, Gerard,

i own PTA 2.66 and i want to try your latest preset. Where can i dowload the set? i search via google with no result.

Thanks Joachim

4 hours ago, Prisco said:

Hi, Gerard,

i own PTA 2.66 and i want to try your latest preset. Where can i dowload the set? i search via google with no result.

Thanks Joachim

P3Dv4.5   http://members.casema.nl/gsalden/PTA2-Saldo 4_5 v16 - Apr.rar

The Clouds have been redone and it sets a slightly higher Bloom for even more improved Nightlighting.

http://members.casema.nl/gsalden/PTA2-Saldo 4_5 v16 - Mai.rar

Water has been improved so now saturation also changes depending on altitude.

http://members.casema.nl/gsalden/PTA2-Saldo 4_5 v16 - Jun.rar

Improved cloud scattering and slightly less blue raleigh scattering

Thank you Jose for your quich response and help!!

Joachim

• Like 1

On 5/31/2019 at 8:04 AM, Prisco said:

Hi all,

a short question,

i'm using ENV, EF, SF & AS.  Is it okay to use the shaders of ENV and EF at the same time or collide them, using them parralel?

Joachim

There is a problem using Envshade and EF together, there are no cloudshadows anymore. REX is aware of this problem and a fix is suposed to be issued, whenever that will be.

1 hour ago, Chandler said:

There is a problem using Envshade and EF together, there are no cloudshadows anymore. REX is aware of this problem and a fix is suposed to be issued, whenever that will be.

This is addressed and fixed in build coming  soon.

1 hour ago, fs1 said:

This is addressed and fixed in build coming  soon.

Okay, thank you for the information...

Just put in for the record. If I run EF before P3D starts but then run AS weather engine after the flight is loaded, EF can cause stutters. I cured it by running EF, then running AS+ASCA, then running P3D.

• Like 1

Thanks for your notes!

Joachim

4 hours ago, glider1 said:

Just put in for the record. If I run EF before P3D starts but then run AS weather engine after the flight is loaded, EF can cause stutters. I cured it by running EF, then running AS+ASCA, then running P3D.

Question, how do you know that EF is what causes the stutters, and not one of the other programs?

12 minutes ago, Jac_49 said:

Question, how do you know that EF is what causes the stutters, and not one of the other programs?

Good question I can't prove it. Just strongly suggest run EF first, then AS, then P3D in that order. I tested it for hours trying to work out where the long frames were coming from until I hit on that combination.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, glider1 said:

Good question I can't prove it. Just strongly suggest run EF first, then AS, then P3D in that order. I tested it for hours trying to work out where the long frames were coming from until I hit on that combination.

Interesting. I uninstalled EF as I was getting low 10FPS when in overcast, on ground or in the air. I have been starting EF, then load flight, and ASP4 starts via fsuipc after flight loads.

Thanks for the info, will try your method.

1 minute ago, ZKOKQ said:

Interesting. I uninstalled EF as I was getting low 10FPS when in overcast, on ground or in the air. I have been starting EF, then load flight, and ASP4 starts via fsuipc after flight loads.

Thanks for the info, will try your method.

if  your  only  getting  10 fps  using  ef  than  its  some thing  else  going  on with your  pc  set up

• Like 1

Installing EF will change your cloud resolution setting to hi-res. Switch EF to manual mode, set your cloud resolution lower and re-engage Automatic mode.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Start ASP4 then EF, then P3D.

Make sure SF and EF textures are set to DTX5 512

Also, make sure you're using the right textures option for HRD ON or OFF, they both have options for different textures depending on HDR ON or OFF.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

if  your  only  getting  10 fps  using  ef  than  its  some thing  else  going  on with your  pc  set up

Only when EF is run. Will try Joe's tip and see what happens. I did set low res in sky force, but not EF. Hopefully, that will rectify 🙂

Dave and Joe, will try that. Will report back, thanks guy's.

• Like 1

Thanks lads, that did the trick. Back to steady 30fps in the FSL

• Like 2

Yeah, i nearly stumbled over that too.

That was not a wise decision by REX to let EF "change" this setting. EF should read the setting from installed SF. Its obvious that may trigger performance issues.

8 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

Yeah, i nearly stumbled over that too.

That was not a wise decision by REX to let EF "change" this setting. EF should read the setting from installed SF. Its obvious that may trigger performance issues.

Yes, that is what threw me. I thought wrongly that 512 clouds in SF was sufficient.