Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

Environment Force Discussion Thread

Just now, 0Artur0 said:

But why some still use Envshade if EF takes care of shaders too?

As I see it this will give EF a different base to work with.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

I've installed P3Dv4 from scratch a few days ago.

Now I've installed AS+SkyForce+EF without ENVSHADE. I'm a former user of ASCA+ENVTEX+ENVSHADE.

So I will see what the new combo brings into the sim... 😉

Patric

Edited by pscharff

1 hour ago, Urmel81 said:

Environment Force looks quite nice at the moment, I'm on a flight from SCEL to the new SEQM Quito.

The only thing I've to learn is how to use Tomatoshade togeter with EV and the HDR Feature.

HDR on in P3D and on in EV, everything is too bright for me. I made some test's and decided to turn it off in EV (but the manual says it need's to be on when P3D HDR is on?), and now it's looking better, not so bright. Not sure if this is supposed to be in this way. And I think I have to much haze, not sure about the settings for this.

Be patient guys, we need to learn how to use it and the REX Guys need to learn from the users about the experiences. And don't say after 24hours: Don't buy!!! - be patient.

Regards

Urmel

I had this problem also.

I just lowered all the relevant HDR settings in the in-sim GUI.

BloomThreshold 2.70
BloomdMagnitude 0.770
BloomBlurSigma 0.725
TimeDelta (unchanged)
AdaptionScalar (unchanged)
SaturationScalar 1.060
ExposureKey 0.275

Edited by jmrtlara
  • Like 1

Romano Lara
0yad8s-6.png

58 minutes ago, Rimshot said:

Yes you are right; it's now my combination of choice. It offers a complete visual environment improvement. (Unless one would prefer ASCA textures, then their full dynamic theme would offer the same dynamic changing of weather by injecting textures and cloud structures based upon weather data. But then you would still need to manually edit your shaders, with Envshade or any other shader tool, and these would then be static).

SF/EF is an alternative for ASCA's full dynamics theme with the already mentioned added bones of dynamic shaders. Because I like the REX SF textures and structures better then the ones in ASCA EF is the ideal tool for me now.

Thanks, Bert!

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

One of the things I don't understand (didn't find anything in the Manual):

I'm using the Live Mode Automation with all settings turned on. Everywhere I can read RUNNING, without Enable Scene Lighting and Enable water control, both stay in Waiting. No idea why.

so people  - I only made some short test (RIG upgrade and in the re-installing process off P3D 4.5 -  😞 ) and this products are bringing the P3D to the next level of realism of "environment" !

Sorry, I just do not understand people with statements like "don´t buy this product" or "this ins´t working" - or "why we need dynamic changes" - I will give you an answer: because it is in "real" life the same thing.

sorry please - but sometimes I think to my self (if I see some comments in the forum) - "ok some people never fly in real life or look outside of the window". I know everybody has an own opinion what is realistic or not - but I think REX and the whole TEAM are doing completely good job and are gong in the right direction. There would be some finetuning needed - but I´m happy. If I look trough the window and think to myself "wow looks like outside now" - that´s a good thing, so simple as it is. 

so, I don´t wont to hurt somebody here but REX is giving us with the combination of this products a "real dynamic" world (of course we will need some adjustments) and if you want some static and colorful world for the screenshots - so It´s your decision !

Many thanks to the REX team !

Cheers to all !

Edited by AUA425
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 3

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D , watercooled, GeForce RTX 4090, RAM 64GB Kingston Fury 6000Mhz , Fractal Design 7 XL, MSI X670 Carbon, all SSD

8 hours ago, jmrtlara said:

I can confirm, if you turn off P3D's HDR, HDR will be completely disabled.

Try turning off P3D HDR, and adjusting HDR settings in their mini UI, there would be no effects whatsoever.

I changed my P3D settings to low [0.5 / 0.0 / 0.5] and handle the tweaking on EF's mini UI. I finally got rid of the excessive bloom.

You are right. I have to take back my previous statement of what I understood. The solution to excess blooming is to decrease the ExposureKey in the MiniUI. This was what Reed suggested also in REX forums, keeping both HDR on. The manual description should be more clear on that HDR OFF setting. However my statement still holds that the complaints are settings problem, not a reason to bash the software from day one. 

If I decrease the ExposureKey to the minimum allowed value, the excess brightness is gone. What is left is a transition brightness, when you move from a dark scene like the pedestral part of the cockpit to the bright sky. This is what our eyes experience too, as a perfectly balanced exposure wherever we look is not what happens in real life. Everyone using a camera knows that.

Edited by Daedalus

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

A 3 page thread about a shader enhancing tool and not a single picture...

Come on guys, for those who were impressed show us what it looks like! 😄

I just reverted the shaders to original status and ran Environment Force and have none of the problems mentioned above.

What is not clear is do I have to still enter my flight plan into Skyforce 3d or is that also taken care of automatically?

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

41 minutes ago, AUA425 said:

so people  - I only made some short test (RIG upgrade and in the re-installing process off P3D 4.5 -  😞 ) and this products are bringing the P3D to the next level of realism of "environment" !

Sorry, I just do not understand people with statements like "don´t buy this product" or "this ins´t working" - or "why we need dynamic changes" - I will give you an answer: because it is in "real" life the same thing.

sorry please - but sometimes I think to my self (if I see some comments in the forum) - "ok some people never fly in real life or look outside of the window". I know everybody has an own opinion what is realistic or not - but I think REX and the whole TEAM are doing completely good job and are gong in the right direction. There would be some finetuning needed - but I´m happy. If I look trough the window and think to myself "wow looks like outside now" - that´s a good thing, so simple as it is. 

so, I don´t wont to hurt somebody here but REX is giving us with the combination of this products a "real dynamic" world (of course we will need some adjustments) and if you want some static and colorful world for the screenshots - so It´s your decision !

Many thanks to the REX team !

Cheers to all !

100% Agree!

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

same here

2 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

I just reverted the shaders to original status and ran Environment Force and have none of the problems mentioned above.

What is not clear is do I have to still enter my flight plan into Skyforce 3d or is that also taken care of automatically?

same here, i'm happy so far, reverted shaders and disabled hdr in EF

Hi there,

I'm a Active Sky+ASCA+Envtex user. If I buy REX Environment Force, I also need to buy REX Skyforce? And I have to get rid of ASCA+Envtex, or can Skyforce be replaced by any combination of my current software + Rex Environment Force?

(Sorry, I always feel REX products are very confusing regarding their proposition and overlaps with other addons)

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, antoniointini said:

Sorry, I always feel REX products are very confusing regarding their proposition and overlaps with other addons

Same boat as you, Antonio. I would love to jump on board but I wish there was a clear response to whether we need ASCA or does it become redundant and/or useless with REX EF.  Got it to a point where now I know we can use Active Sky and PTA in conjunction with EF but the last thing I need if for ASCA and EF fighting for control.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Mario Di Lauro

17 minutes ago, antoniointini said:

Hi there,

I'm a Active Sky+ASCA+Envtex user. If I buy REX Environment Force, I also need to buy REX Skyforce? And I have to get rid of ASCA+Envtex, or can Skyforce be replaced by any combination of my current software + Rex Environment Force?

(Sorry, I always feel REX products are very confusing regarding their proposition and overlaps with other addons)

I see it this way. LM and others like ORBX, PMDG, Flightbeam, etc., are doing everything below the horizon. REX will take advantage to everything above. Equal: Shaders, Textures, weather, light, atmosphere....This will bring us to a next level. LM only delivers the plattform with necessary basics and a huge and powerful SDK. Sounds like a nice business model to me....   I also expect REX to set up a good API/SDK for their Engines/Platform for Weather, Environment and Sky. As soon as this 3 are delivered they will deliver an option for the users to merge them on an usage level (would be more userfriendly and attractive). 

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

you don't need skyforce, it will work fine with your adons

• Like 1