Sign in to follow this  
chevelle505

GTN 750 Acting funny

Hey guys, quick question within the Falcon 50, Ive got the Flight 1 GTN 750 with all latest updates and P3DV4.4 and latest Falcon 1.8C. in the Audio panel the Nav 1 and Nav 2 keep automatically turning themselves on to hear the identifiers. turn them off and a few min later 1 of the 2 or both will kick back on and Identifiers beeping in my ear again. Ive changed nav frequency's to no avail. is this some kind of auto scanning function or is my GTN broken?  

Secondly, what is going on when I get the intermittent "TAWS not available" message, its like it turns on and off repeatedly within a 2 or 3 minutes span then goes back to normal. night before last on final approach to Orlando it did it and "lost GPS signal". any ideas if this is normal or not or what may be causing these issues?  

1 hour ago, chevelle505 said:

Hey guys, quick question within the Falcon 50, Ive got the Flight 1 GTN 750 with all latest updates and P3DV4.4 and latest Falcon 1.8C. in the Audio panel the Nav 1 and Nav 2 keep automatically turning themselves on to hear the identifiers. turn them off and a few min later 1 of the 2 or both will kick back on and Identifiers beeping in my ear again. Ive changed nav frequency's to no avail. is this some kind of auto scanning function or is my GTN broken?  

Secondly, what is going on when I get the intermittent "TAWS not available" message, its like it turns on and off repeatedly within a 2 or 3 minutes span then goes back to normal. night before last on final approach to Orlando it did it and "lost GPS signal". any ideas if this is normal or not or what may be causing these issues?  

Were things working well and all this just start happening, or did you just update or install something new and the problems started?

Also, when you start P3Dv4, what is your default a/c, that is, what a/c first shows up rotating in the preview window?

Al

Edited by ark

Well other than a few sceneries I recently purchased, no, no other aircraft or utilities at all. Come to think of it, it started doing it on the last flight before i installed anything, so I guess you could say yeah, it just started doing it.

Default aircraft is the P3D Default F35

I just had a question from another user who started getting ADF morse ident sounds that did not get turned off when clicked.. is this a coincidence?  :unsure:

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

51 minutes ago, chevelle505 said:

Well other than a few sceneries I recently purchased, no, no other aircraft or utilities at all. Come to think of it, it started doing it on the last flight before i installed anything, so I guess you could say yeah, it just started doing it.

Default aircraft is the P3D Default F35

Hmm, very strange. Do you have more than one GPS installed in the Falcon -- if so, what do you have installed? Just wondering if you have two GPS units installed (I don't) maybe the idents have to be turned off on both. Also, the Falcon has 'duplicate' Nav1 and Nav2 radios installed on the center pedestal between the seats -- you might try turning them off to see if it makes any difference.

Al

Edited by ark

29 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I just had a question from another user who started getting ADF morse ident sounds that did not get turned off when clicked.. is this a coincidence?  :unsure:

Same a/c -- FSW Falcon 50, or maybe same GPS - Flight1 unit? I'm thinking if two GPS units are installed maybe the ident feature has to be turned off on both.

Al

Edited by ark

13 hours ago, ark said:

Same a/c -- FSW Falcon 50, or maybe same GPS - Flight1 unit? I'm thinking if two GPS units are installed maybe the ident feature has to be turned off on both.

Al

Same GPS... this time in the Carenado Phenom 300.

Maybe the ident feature has changed GTN 2.09 to 2.10.. ?

I can verify that without the GTN, this does not happen, and also that the RXP GTN does not do this..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

2 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Same GPS... this time in the Carenado Phenom 300.

Maybe the ident feature has changed GTN 2.09 to 2.10.. ?

I can verify that without the GTN, this does not happen, and also that the RXP GTN does not do this..

I tried the Flight1 GTN750 v2.10 in both FSX and P3Dv4.4 and could not reproduce the ident problem. So I think it is either some kind of issue when using dual GTNs or an install problem.

Al

I can reproduce the ADF ident problem with a single Flight1 GTN 750.

Removing the GTN, makes it go away, adding the GTN back makes it come back.

I have posted in the Flight1 GTN Support Forum.  Lets see if there is any reponse..

Edit: THIS IS NOT REQUIRED, see below

A workaround, for now:

<!-- Turn off ADF Sound -->

(A:ADF SOUND, bool) if{ (&gt;K:RADIO_ADF_IDENT_TOGGLE) }

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

28 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I can reproduce the ADF ident problem with a single Flight1 GTN 750.

Removing the GTN, makes it go away, adding the GTN back makes it come back.

I have posted in the Flight1 GTN Support Forum.  Lets see if there is any reponse..

A workaround, for now:

<!-- Turn off ADF Sound -->

(A:ADF SOUND, bool) if{ (&gt;K:RADIO_ADF_IDENT_TOGGLE) }

Bert,

I cannot reproduce the ADF ident issue -- could it be a/c specific?

This is what I tried:

Loaded a FSW C441 in P3Dv4.4

Tuned in an ADF on the ADF1 radio

Turned on the ADF ident in the F1 GTN750 Audio panel -- heard the ident

Turned off the ident in the audio panel -- ident went away and stayed away. Tried switching the frequency back and forth -- ident did not come back when the proper freq was again tuned in. Waited 10 min, the ident did not come back until re-enabled in the GTN audio panel.

So what are you doing differently?

BTW, where would you have the average user put the XML work-around code - in an Update section somewhere?

Al

There is a bug somewhere.. Just found this: an easier workaround is to switch MIC1 to MIC2 and back..

That makes the problem go away.

Where do you see an ADF ident option in the GTN Audio panel??

In the Audio panel, I only have COM1/2, NAV1/2 radios :unsure:

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

17 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

There is a bug somewhere.. Just found this: an easier workaround is to switch MIC1 to MIC2 and back..

That makes the problem go away.

Where do you see an ADF ident option in the GTN Audio panel??

Might be worth trying a non-carenado a/c?

See ADF ident control button at bottom of the pic below the DME ident control button.

55c13c4b96.JPG

Edited by ark

I see it.. but do not get those options on my GTN..

RealAir Legacy same thing.. ADF radio in the panel, but no ADF option in the GTN..

Something really basic must be missing somewhere.. but what?

BTW, the RXP GTN does have the ADF option, so the Garmin Trainer can display it..

I am running GTN Trainer 6.50.1.

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

11 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I see it.. but do not get those options on my GTN..

RealAir Legacy same thing.. ADF radio in the panel, but no ADF option in the GTN..

Something really basic must be missing somewhere.. but what?

BTW, the RXP GTN does have the ADF option, so the Garmin Trainer can display it..

In reading some posts from earlier in the year on the Flight1 site it seems that when the Garmin trainer was updated from 6.50 to 6.50.1 the problem went away  - at least for some.  See post by danewatson 26Feb2019 in this thread

https://www.simforums.com/Forums/solved-adf-and-dme-audio-problem_topic61187.html

Just now, ark said:

In reading some posts from earlier in the year on the Flight1 site it seems that when the Garmin trainer was updated from 6.50 to 6.50.1 the problem went away  - at least for some.  See post by danewatson 26Feb2019 in this thread

https://www.simforums.com/Forums/solved-adf-and-dme-audio-problem_topic61187.html

Yes, saw that.. and reconfirmed that I am running 6.50.1.

Maybe time to uninstall  / reinstall ?

Hate to do that..

Bert