Sign in to follow this  
chevelle505

GTN 750 Acting funny

10 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Yes, saw that.. and reconfirmed that I am running 6.50.1.

Maybe time to uninstall  / reinstall ?

Hate to do that..

I'm pretty much out of ideas other than a reinstall ... And if you are going to reinstall, it is probably important to uninstall first.

I looked into what happens with a dual GTN 750 setup, and found that the ident control buttons work together -- turn on/off the ident in one GTN turns it on/off in the other as well, at least for FSW a/c. So this seems to invalidate my dual GTN theory.  🤔

Al

Edited by ark

Thanks, will hold off until Flight1 Support weighs in..

The fact that the RXP unit, using the same Garmin Trainer, works OK, tells me that the Trainer is likely not the culprit..

Bert

3 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

The fact that the RXP unit, using the same Garmin Trainer, works OK, tells me that the Trainer is likely not the culprit..

Makes sense. 

I just tried a single F1 GTN 750 in FSX with the default Lear45 -- all worked as expected (Nav1 and ADF1).

Al

17 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

True -- so that leaves the install of the GTN750 itself....

Another data point: Stuck a F1 GTN750 popup into the Carenado A36 that comes with P3Dv4.4 -- Nav1 ident worked as expected.

Al

21 hours ago, chevelle505 said:

in the Audio panel the Nav 1 and Nav 2 keep automatically turning themselves on to hear the identifiers. turn them off and a few min later 1 of the 2 or both will kick back on and Identifiers beeping in my ear again.

Based on all the above, at this point I would suggest you make sure your Garmin Trainer version is 6.50.1, and if so then I would suggest you try uninstalling and reinstalling the GTN750. Better yet, you might want to redownload the GTN750 before reinstalling in case your first download was corrupted somehow.

Al

Edited by ark

On 5/5/2019 at 2:33 PM, Bert Pieke said:

Hi Bert,

Just wondering if anything is new on the Nav/ADF ident issue?

Al

2 minutes ago, ark said:

Hi Bert,

Just wondering if anything is new on the Nav/ADF ident issue?

Al

Flight1's silence has been deafening.. :wink:

Bert

9 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Flight1's silence has been deafening.. :wink:

OK, understand (and not surprised). I've been frustrated with Flight1's lack of response more than once myself.

Thx,

Al

hey guys,

thanks for all the help everybody, sorry for the silence myself while you all are trying to help me, been a crazy week with work and haven't had the time to fool with any of this. For the record since it was asked, Im only using one single GTN in the Falcon as ive been trying to figure out if im seeing poor frame rates with two vs only one installed. 

As far as versions, my trainer is 6.50.1 and GPS version 2.09. I guess I'll try to reinstall everything and see if it does it again on the next flight back to Orlando.

Thanks again guys!!!

29 minutes ago, chevelle505 said:

As far as versions, my trainer is 6.50.1 and GPS version 2.09.

Latest Flight1 GTN version is 2.10.

Al

12 hours ago, chevelle505 said:

so yeah, im going to update that first LOL

thanks Al!

Do let us know what happens after you update to GTN750 ver 2.10, and whether or not in the audio panel you see ident buttons for DME 1 and ADF 1 at the bottom of the radio stack.  Flight1 is investigating why some folks don't seem to have the DME and ADF buttons (I do have them) so your result may shed some light on the situation.

d9543102c1.JPG

Al

Edited by ark

Ill be wheels up this weekend and let ya know for sure. Funny because i had mine as well even before the update

OK Guys, Just Landed back in orlando, it did it again on final approach, just decided to blast the ILS identifier in my ear. And yes, it does have the latest updates installed as far as GTN and Trainer, (GTN Is now 2.10) Next Step for me is to reinstall GTN and Trainer i guess and see if on the 5 1/2 hour flight back to seattle it does it again. it really is starting to get annoying. hopefully Bert hears back from Flight 1 soon.

Edited by chevelle505