Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

LDG ALT in PFD - no mention in docs

There is a amber LDG ALT displayed on the Captain's PFD that I cannot find any help with in the documentation. What is its purpose? Given it's amber I would imagine I have not set something but i can't find what as searching for LDG ALT returns nothing.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Found this - may help before someone more experienced can chime in 😊

1) There is no destination airport entered in the FMC

2) The FMC landing altitude function has failed

3) The LDG ALT knob has been used to set the landing altitude manually 

It is also normal to see ALT LDG after landing when the route has been dumped.

Luke Pype

Thanks Luke. I have entered a flight plan so the landing airport should be there by default. 2 is a possibility I suppose. I do manually set the altitude of the landing airport in the overhead. It’s only to 10ft. Is that enough? You would hope so.

Regarding seeing it after landing could be the clue. I’ll have to check on my next flight if it only appears after landing. I’ll report back probably tomorrow now.

Given the comprehensive docs the fact it’s not mentioned is odd.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

It’s only to 10ft. Is that enough? You would hope so.

Hi Ray

i have always set the overhead to airfield elevation....during decent. Before takeoff it’s set to cruise alt

my rig died ages ago so I’m going by memory.

(rebuild in progress - just got the same card as you, 11GB ti for £525 with 1.5 year warranty 😁)

Edited by MaDDogz

Luke Pype

Luke, there are two readouts on the overhead. Cruise level and airport elevation which is the lower of the two. Adjustable to  nearest 50ft. I do remember setting it for my landing today so it can’t be that. Any other ideas?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I did some searching and found the answer on PPRUNE. You were pretty close Luke. I’ll see if I can find a way of entering the departure or arrival runway in the FMC.

Nice card too at a reasonable price. 👍

https://www.pprune.org/tech-log/191294-ldg-alt-logo-ng-what.html

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Cheers Luke. I'm like a dog with a bone. 👍

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Sorry to chime in on a very old thread, but you'll also get this if you have a disco that is inhibiting a complete path to the airport/runway entered in the FMC.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.