Sign in to follow this  
Kaiii3

AIG AI Manager

Absolutely awesome package. So many airlines with a big variety of liveries, and flightplans.  Installed new version, and already finding more updates for flightplans. With a right click , it installs the update including any new liveries and models for the updated FP. Really fantastic that was once a much more tedious time consuming job.  The only issue I have is the display formatting is partly cut off and very small  to read at times, but im guessing its the 4k desktop resolution thats the cause. 

A very big thanks to the whole team who put this together. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

11 minutes ago, HighTowers said:

Absolutely awesome package. So many airlines with a big variety of liveries, and flightplans.  Installed new version, and already finding more updates for flightplans. With a right click , it installs the update including any new liveries and models for the updated FP. Really fantastic that was once a much more tedious time consuming job.  The only issue I have is the display formatting is partly cut off and very small  to read at times, but im guessing its the 4k desktop resolution thats the cause. 

A very big thanks to the whole team who put this together. 

If you can provide me some screenshots of the UI problems over in the AIG Forum, I will see if we can change the UI

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

As I already stated on another thread, I love AI(G). I've now installed about 480 (!!!) flight plans and the corresponding aircraft and liveries. It works like a charm and I run the AIG-OCI at least once a day, just to see if there is something new. BTW,  I' am eagerly waiting for Virgin Australia and Tiger Airlines. Any chance those coming soon for OCI?

Edited by Nemo
  • Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

3 hours ago, Nemo said:

I walked exactly the same route, as probably many of us. The only way I could imagine to "return" to UTL would be they provide a simple procedure to move all my AIG-OCI AI Traffic (airlines, aircraft and flight plans) to UTL just to use their AI injection system.

Hi

Populate UTL with the AI Aircrafts loaded by AIGAIM - OCI is very easy.

You just need :

AI2UTL which automatically creates a file repaints.xml with the AI Aircrafts of AIGAIM (you don't need to affect anything)

- UTL_FP which arrange the combinations airlines-aircrafts in UTL if you will change something.

You will find the explanation there :

https://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=17778&title=ai2utl-injector-tool

I am very happy with the results.

Regards

Denis

3 hours ago, Nemo said:

The only way I could imagine to "return" to UTL would be they provide a simple procedure to move all my AIG-OCI AI Traffic (airlines, aircraft and flight plans) to UTL just to use their AI injection system.

My only question out of curiosity as I've seen this mentioned a few times now in various groups/forums though is why? The AI injection method isn't any better on performance. The best part of UTL is that some (many flights don't) of its traffic operates on routes which is nice but those routes need to be more varied and similar to those used in the real world instead of the basic unrealistic ones created with the FSX flight planner. It's a tiny plus compared to the quirks that come with it. 

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

This may very well be the best piece of freeware available for P3D right now.  It’s absolutely amazing and to me renders payware AI products redundant.  

I’ve donated before and certainly will again.  Well done to the team!

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, Dave_YVR said:

My only question out of curiosity as I've seen this mentioned a few times now in various groups/forums though is why? The AI injection method isn't any better on performance. The best part of UTL is that some (many flights don't) of its traffic operates on routes which is nice but those routes need to be more varied and similar to those used in the real world instead of the basic unrealistic ones created with the FSX flight planner. It's a tiny plus compared to the quirks that come with it. 

I don't know if it makes sense,  but I always thought UTL AI injection mode is better in performance. Sure it is not? The other reason what could justify it, would be that AI density level can be changed more easily. But as I said, I would only try it if I can transfer my whole AIG-OC setup (a/c + liveries + flightplans) in an easy way. I mean I would not keep anything from UTL except its engine. I know It is already possible, but very cumbersome.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Fair enough. No, there's no performance gains from using UTL and injected traffic. The only reason it might seem that way is due to a much smaller number of aircraft in your traffic bubble.

1 hour ago, DPetitme said:

Hi

Populate UTL with the AI Aircrafts loaded by AIGAIM - OCI is very easy.

You just need :

AI2UTL which automatically creates a file repaints.xml with the AI Aircrafts of AIGAIM (you don't need to affect anything)

- UTL_FP which arrange the combinations airlines-aircrafts in UTL if you will change something.

You will find the explanation there :

https://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=17778&title=ai2utl-injector-tool

I am very happy with the results.

Regards

Denis

Thanks. For me it looks still a bit complicated but maybe I'll try after I've made all necessary backups.

- Harry 

So far I am very impressed with AIG flight manager. A question I have is, do AI follow realistic routes and SID/STARS or its a direct to?

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

27 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

So far I am very impressed with AIG flight manager. A question I have is, do AI follow realistic routes and SID/STARS or its a direct to?

They follow whatever the specific ATC tells them to follow. The default ATC (and most other ATC add-ons that do not control AI aircraft) will not direct the AIG aircraft to follow departures and arrivals. They will follow approach procedures (ILS, etc.) and land on the active runway depending on the wind direction. VOXATC will cause the AIG aircraft to correctly follow all approaches, arrivals and departures. This is how BGL flight schedules work in FSX and P3d.

As to enroute AI movement, only UTL AI aircraft will follow waypoints enroute. With BGL flight schedules, AI aircraft while enroute, will fly directly from the departure airport to the destination airport.

14 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

They follow whatever the specific ATC tells them to follow. The default ATC (and most other ATC add-ons that do not control AI aircraft) will not direct the AIG aircraft to follow departures and arrivals. They will follow approach procedures (ILS, etc.) and land on the active runway depending on the wind direction. VOXATC will cause the AIG aircraft to correctly follow all approaches, arrivals and departures. This is how BGL flight schedules work in FSX and P3d.

As to enroute AI movement, only UTL AI aircraft will follow waypoints enroute. With BGL flight schedules, AI aircraft while enroute, will fly directly from the departure airport to the destination airport.

Thank you very much Jay for the very explanatory reply : )

I see there is a way to merge UTL and AIG models/liveries as Denis mentioned earlier, however it seems to me that AIG has bigger variety of aircraft models and repaints than this merging can offer, so I'll stay with the pure AIG manager solution. 

Edited by Daedalus
  • Like 1

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

5 hours ago, Daedalus said:

I see there is a way to merge UTL and AIG models/liveries as Denis mentioned earlier, however it seems to me that AIG has bigger variety of aircraft models and repaints than this merging can offer, so I'll stay with the pure AIG manager solution.

By far the best option. As mentioned before, UTL really only brings en route airways to the table and they are pretty poor at that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

We at AIG might create a new type of Flightplan, that will contain the PLN file and them we will inject them via SimConnect. But this will be a longterm....

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

Add me to the list of converts! 👍😁 It took me two days to install everything but the effort was worth it.

I had been using UTLive but their routes and aircraft was nowhere near the real thing. It’s now being used for GA Traffic only.

I decided to set Ai to 100 in P3D and have a test flight from KLAS to KSFO. Loads of Ai departing around dawn and enroute there were always 30+ Ai around me. By the time I landed at KSFO FSUIPC was counting over 600 Ai in the bubble. Airborne and at KSFO.

Despite the setting my fps remained in the 20s landing on 28R. Fantastic. The only reason I may need to lower the setting is so I have a gate at my destination.

Clearly this is a labour of love for the developers and it shows. If they accept donations I will definitely be making one. 👍

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather