Sign in to follow this  
Kaiii3

AIG AI Manager

Having spent a couple of days installing all the available airlines and their associated aircraft and flight plans my P3D experience has been greatly enhanced with this package.

But until today there was no way of seeing any departure or arrival board for the flights. That has now been solved by installing Ai Companion - a freeware utility similar in operation to SuperTrafficBoard for those who have used that.

One of its coolest features is right-clicking on an entry in Ai Companion and then choosing to view that aircraft. It works whether the aircraft is asleep at a gate, taxiing out or in, taking off, enroute or landing. It's a great way of getting a close up view of the superb quality aircraft in this package.

I can't recommend it highly enough. You can get Ai Companion here and it works either on the P3D PC itself or on a network computer providing Simconnect is correctly configured. WideFS is also required.

https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=29651.0

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks for this Ray.  I was having some drop in fps (UTL was better for fps) but with AI companion I can use the traffic limiter and bring my fps back to very usable.  AIG has been a awesome and I love the all the different aircraft and liveries.  Try it as you have nothing to lose and can easily go between this and UTL (if you have it).

Darcy

9 minutes ago, Darcy said:

I was having some drop in fps (UTL was better for fps) but with AI companion I can use the traffic limiter and bring my fps back to very usable.

Just to clarify this point, the difference in FPS is only because UTL is injecting A LOT less aircraft into your sim.

Edited by Dave_YVR

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

7 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Having spent a couple of days installing all the available airlines and their associated aircraft and flight plans my P3D experience has been greatly enhanced with this package.

But until today there was no way of seeing any departure or arrival board for the flights. That has now been solved by installing Ai Companion - a freeware utility similar in operation to

AIM has this for V4 as well 😉 Has been implemented in 0.9. There are two options:

1) Use AIM to select and Airport and you get the Flights for the current day

2) Use the Live-Data Tab in AIM while you are running Prepar3D and a new Window ill open, where you can select your Airport and you will get a "live" Timetable

AIM_Preview_20190401_1.jpg

AIM_Preview_20190401_2.jpg

Right now AIM only displays the AC. In on of the next updates Camara support will be added.

we have been in contact with the developer of AIC and he it is likly he will drop later the support of AIC when we have implemented all the features to AIM: https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=29651.msg300093#msg300093

Edited by Kaiii3

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

@Kaiii3, I was aware of that program but as it only runs on the same PC as P3D it wasn't very appealing. I much prefer being able to run these programs via WideFS keeping the P3D computer free.

It's sad to read AIC appears to have a short life. Surely there's a place for both products?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

6 hours ago, Darcy said:

Thanks for this Ray.  I was having some drop in fps (UTL was better for fps) but with AI companion I can use the traffic limiter and bring my fps back to very usable.  AIG has been a awesome and I love the all the different aircraft and liveries.  Try it as you have nothing to lose and can easily go between this and UTL (if you have it).

Darcy

Darcy, I'm confused by your post. You suggest I should try it but wasn't it obvious from my earlier post that I have installed AIG?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@Kaiii3, I was aware of that program but as it only runs on the same PC as P3D it wasn't very appealing. I much prefer being able to run these programs via WideFS keeping the P3D computer free.

It's sad to read AIC appears to have a short life. Surely there's a place for both products?

The build in AIM directly is for us during the Beta just to see if the concept is working. If everything is running without problems I will add it to our new tool that will run via SimConnect on any PC - more infos might follow soon 🙂 The big problem will be to transfer the "local Flightplan Data (BGL etc) to the network PC to display them, but I am sure I will find a solution^^

• Like 1

@Kaiii3, I understand the need for AIC. Hopefully you and koala can combine your expertise to produce something even better.

The reading of the BGLs across a network does take time but when you're preparing a flight there are plenty of other things to be doing so it's not a big issue.

Together you will be stronger! 👍:smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

rading is not the problem, getting access is a bit more complicated. Since when we publish such a Tool I want to make sure even a newbie to Windows is able to make the folder accessable via Network. 🙂 But right now I focus on getting V0.9 stable on every system some users are having problems that no other has reported so far..... And then the developing of a complete new Tool and Flightplan Format will start.

Chris and I are having so many ideas for our Tools - but the time is the limiting factor.... and since all AIG Software will be published as freeware we have to manage the time we have very efficient.

I will talk to "Koala" we it is the time for the new tool 🙂

Edited by Kaiii3

I am very happy with AIG-OCI and I am close to abandon UTL. But there are still some important airlines which are not yet accessible with OCI. Any chance that Korean, Virgin Australia and Tiger Airlines will become available in near future?. Thanks for all! AIG is a great gift to our community.

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

all comming the season saw some already in Beta. Just saw that we don't have our Dispatchlist publis for the current season xD We will add them to the forum so you guys can see what is planed this season

53 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

all comming the season saw some already in Beta. Just saw that we don't have our Dispatchlist publis for the current season xD We will add them to the forum so you guys can see what is planed this season

Thanks. Great support.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

12 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

Just to clarify this point, the difference in FPS is only because UTL is injecting A LOT less aircraft into your sim.

Sorry if this has already been answered but I’m a bit confused on the comparisons of UTL and AIG on performance via limiting the number of AI aircraft. 

Is it possible to use the P3D AI slider or FSUIPC or AIG itself to inject the same amount of aircraft as can be done with the UTL settings? Also are settings similar to the other UTL  ones available such as altitude below which AI can be seen also available? I used to use FSUIPC with UTL but found the sliders within UTL to be sufficient to optimize my desired effect vs performance.

The bottom line is I’m trying to better understand the options to limit AI injection when using AIG  and how they compare to UTL options on an apples to apples comparison.

Thanks in advance

Joe

Edited by joepoway
  • Like 1

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

7 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Darcy, I'm confused by your post. You suggest I should try it but wasn't it obvious from my earlier post that I have installed AIG?

Sorry Ray.  I meant that for others who have yet to try AIG (I was a little reluctant at first).  Of course you use it and appreciated you pointing out AIC.

Darcy

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, joepoway said:

Is it possible to use the P3D AI slider or FSUIPC or AIG itself to inject the same amount of aircraft as can be done with the UTL settings?

Absolutely! Within OCI, you set it to randomize the traffic between 1-99 %. Then you can use your traffic slider in the sim to adjust as required.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS