Sign in to follow this  
Kaiii3

AIG AI Manager

8 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The maximum value for OutsideConeVolume=10000 . The sound pack that AIGM is using has most of the jet sounds set between 8800 and 9400, so setting the value higher is only going to have a marginal effect. The engine sound slider also controls the AI engine sounds, so setting that slider to the max will make the AI engines sound louder. But you will have trouble hearing them over the user aircraft's engines

Odd, then, that I have the opposite problem -- the AI sound is louder for me than my engine and other sounds, and in fact vibrates the cockpit so much that I get annoying rattles with it. This is only on the tarmac, when an AI starts up or taxies past near my aircraft.

I generally have to halve the values -- down to about 4500.

May be my difference is using ProSim 737 aircraft sounds. I don't know.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

6 hours ago, Skywolf said:

Does anyone know what a good traffic density setting is to prevent fps drop.  There is some fps drop when using AIG, it is understandable as AI being used but what is a good setting which has a compromise with small fps loss and good amount of AI

In the latest version of FSUIPC (5.152) we have changed the way the "TargetFrameRate" facility for the traffic limiter works. As before, it only limits the traffic when the frame rate is lower than a set value, but now instead of using instananeous frame rate readings it uses a 2-3 second average.

Then it reduces the amount of traffic a little at a time (10% of the current difference to the minimum set). That way you don't suddenly lose a load, and it allows the traffic level to find it's own value to assure you of the minimum frame rate you require.

Using this, I can actually set the P3D airline traffic slider to 100% That way I get the best variety of aircraft and airlines, but still with my required frame rate.

Pete

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Kaiii3 said:

during the verify SimObject check we bring all new changes to all OCI SimObjects. In the last versions we changes a lot and therefore you had to run the process on each update. The fact that the package has not been downlaoded must be related to an error, please provide the log files. (The log files are reseted on each startup)

Ah good, I was starting to worry 🙂 Also, it seems like the soundpack installation went just fine for me... I suppose the download just happened to be very quick on my end!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

we are uploading a hotfix 0.9.2.1 at the moment. This fixes the error happening when installting a new model with 0.9.2.0. User that have installed a new model witht he 0902 version are required to reinstall the airlines with that model. Sorry for the trubble but remember this is still a beta and we still improving very old code 😉

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

8 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

In the latest version of FSUIPC (5.152) we have changed the way the "TargetFrameRate" facility for the traffic limiter works. As before, it only limits the traffic when the frame rate is lower than a set value, but now instead of using instananeous frame rate readings it uses a 2-3 second average.

Then it reduces the amount of traffic a little at a time (10% of the current difference to the minimum set). That way you don't suddenly lose a load, and it allows the traffic level to find it's own value to assure you of the minimum frame rate you require.

Using this, I can actually set the P3D airline traffic slider to 100% That way I get the best variety of aircraft and airlines, but still with my required frame rate.

Pete

You Sir are awesome.  

I have FSUIPC license for 32bit version but I will get the 64bit license from simmarket today so that I can use the traffic limiter.  I am impressed at the new features!!!!

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

2 hours ago, Kaiii3 said:

we are uploading a hotfix 0.9.2.1 at the moment. This fixes the error happening when installting a new model with 0.9.2.0. User that have installed a new model witht he 0902 version are required to reinstall the airlines with that model. Sorry for the trubble but remember this is still a beta and we still improving very old code 😉

Since 0.9.2.0. I'm always asked to verify simobjects. If I do so, it needs quite a long time (15-20 minutes). But nothing has changed ... same with 0.9.2.1.

I also checked the Log_AIManager and it show s for every(!) simobject the following message:

"...

Unable to update CFGs
End of Central Directory record could not be found.
   at AIGTech.Utilities.Systems.Zip.Unzip(String file, String location, Boolean deleteLocation)
   at AIGTech.AIManager.Controller.AIManagerController.OCI_InstallSoundAI(ModelDBEntry modelDBEntry)
   at AIGTech.AIManager.Controller.AIManagerController.OCI_UpdateCFG(SimObject simObject, ModelDBEntry modelDBEntry)

"

Not sure was it means, but at least I have still ai traffic.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Kaiii

I just installed AIG AI with OCI and loaded dozens of Airliners and have to say I love what I see.

I did run into one issue when I installed AI Lights Reborn Free Edition into P3D v4.5 the sim crashes ever time I launch it, if I uninstall AI Lights Reborn all is good.

I believe this has to do with the effects conflict I read about back in January and the solution put forth by the developer was to delete the effects portion of the AIG AI xml file to avoid the Nav effect conflicts. I don't want to do this because I believe it will eliminate other lighting effects I desire. The developer also stated that AIG would remedy this conflict issue in v0.9 , is this true or am I missing something entirely here?

Thanks in advance and I Love your product   -  Donation is on the way!!

Sincerely

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

so far we have only a workable solution for following case:

- FSReborn is installed before a SImObject is installed. We are still working on a solution for a check that will remove later all files that are no longer needed if FSReborn Lights are installed.

But the Sim should not crash because of this, i would recommend to ask in the FSReborn Forum here at AVSIM for some more support.

Edited by Kaiii3
  • Like 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

34 minutes ago, joepoway said:

I did run into one issue when I installed AI Lights Reborn Free Edition into P3D v4.5 the sim crashes ever time I launch it, if I uninstall AI Lights Reborn all is good.

17 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

but the Sim should not crash because of this,

I agree, specially since AI Lights Reborn freeware edition is an inert add-on (no .DLL, no EXE, etc), it just install effects.. which would not crash the sim.. something odd is happening, we will need to debug your system to understand better what is going on.

I replied your email a few minutes ago, let's take it from there.

Regards,
S.

Edited by simbol

1 hour ago, simbol said:

I agree, specially since AI Lights Reborn freeware edition is an inert add-on (no .DLL, no EXE, etc), it just install effects.. which would not crash the sim.. something odd is happening, we will need to debug your system to understand better what is going on.

I replied your email a few minutes ago, let's take it from there.

Regards,
S.

Thanks 

I just sent you a detailed email in reply.

Joe

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

5 hours ago, Skywolf said:

I have FSUIPC license for 32bit version but I will get the 64bit license from simmarket today so that I can use the traffic limiter.

You run P3D4 as well, I take it?

Pete

2 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

You run P3D4 as well, I take it?

Pete

Hi Pete

I have a question regarding the topic of AI limiters. I run P3Dv4.5 and the paid version of FSUIPC v5.15

I see and use the AI Traffic limiter but don't see anything regarding the fps as a function of the limiter.

Could you be so kind as to shed show light on the location and use of the "averaged FPS limiter function" ?

I seem to recall you have changed the options as revisions have evolved and realize all of this might be in  revision v5.152 but am not sure.

EDIT:  I down loaded and installed v5.152 and went back and read the manuals and I was able to figure out all your settings and zapper function, it's been awhile since I read the manual and as usual it is well done  Pete!

Thanks in advance

Joe

Edited by joepoway