Sign in to follow this  
Kaiii3

AIG AI Manager

8 minutes ago, David Roch said:

OK, thanks Ray.
FSUIPC shows 108 AI on my side, but I believe gates are quite empty for a Sunday in summer.

David, I’m not sure how you get 108 as I have the slider at 100% and have installed every airline. Do you have a commercial version of LIRF or is that the stock airport? I have a commercial addon.

Have you used Ai Companion to check the schedules against actuals? Kaiii3 hinted default AFCADs may not have suitably sized gates but your count suggests there are plenty of Ai being generated.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Yes this is a commercial LIRF addon.
New attempt, 109 :

txDatX.jpg

I am not yet familiar with AIG so I've probably done something wrong.
Will give a try to this new Companion! 🙂

Edited by David Roch
typo

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

David, there's little to configure with AIG. You just install the airlines you want and if you then set Ai % to 100 it will show all available Ai.

Install Ai Companion and open Flight Finder. Filter for LIRF and Sunday. That will show you a list of Ai that should arrive and depart at the times shown. Identify a suitable flight for the local time.

Then switch to Live Traffic and see if that aircraft appears in the list. If it does then all is well and good. If it doesn't then you're probably best asking the question on the AIG forum where the experts reside.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

It isn’t the taxi speed itself that’s the problem but the lack of intelligence when trying to depart the active runway. That can only be fixed by LM.

Yes the core issue is intelligent runway exiting but when the AI is being unintelligent and has just missed a turnoff it’s better to have it taxiing at a higher speed to exit the runway at the next turnoff.  Again not a perfect or full fix but it definitely helps.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

4 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Yes the core issue is intelligent runway exiting but when the AI is being unintelligent and has just missed a turnoff it’s better to have it taxiing at a higher speed to exit the runway at the next turnoff.  Again not a perfect or full fix but it definitely helps.

What utility do you suggest?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 hours ago, David Roch said:

I believe gates are quite empty for a Sunday in summer

I believe that would come down to your ade/afcad. Properly setup size wise and those gates will be full and traffic will offload to the remote stands etc. My custom LIRF is often quite packed.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

9 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

I believe that would come down to your ade/afcad. Properly setup size wise and those gates will be full and traffic will offload to the remote stands etc. My custom LIRF is often quite packed.

I have the MK Studios LIRF. Maybe there are others. I’ll check mine tomorrow.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

6 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

What utility do you suggest?

This is what I use.

https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=210865

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Thanks Ray and Nemo,
I'll certainly try it.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700F - RAM 32 - RTX 3070 - SSD Blue 1T -  Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Track IR - Optical fiber

Dave, thanks. Reading the readme I'm curious about this statemen... "Increase AI timeout period to 11min".

What is the effect of this?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

16 hours ago, David Roch said:

Yes this is a commercial LIRF addon.
New attempt, 109 :

I am not yet familiar with AIG so I've probably done something wrong.
Will give a try to this new Companion! 🙂

Hi David,

This is a view of T7 taken at 15:10 Local on Sunday. Plenty of Ai as you can see. A count of 59 Ai on the ground and 13 airborne.

Rome_1511Sun_Local.jpg?dl=0

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Does anyone know how to backup all my AIG AI Files.  I have over 32gb of AI files/models (I did download it all over few weeks).

Lets say I want to reformat my sim drive and put AIG AI files into a different ssd and I want the sim to pick up my install.  Does anyone know on how to do it

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

@Skywolf, there should be a top-level folder for AIG. That contains everything related to their aircraft, plans etc. The only other reference is an entry in scenery.cfg which should be near or at the top. Just change the path in scenery.cfg and all should be fine.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

14 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

Does anyone know how to backup all my AIG AI Files.  I have over 32gb of AI files/models (I did download it all over few weeks).

Lets say I want to reformat my sim drive and put AIG AI files into a different ssd and I want the sim to pick up my install.  Does anyone know on how to do it

I've simply copied the whole AIG OCI Folder to a safe place.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

1 hour ago, Nemo said:

I've simply copied the whole AIG OCI Folder to a safe place.

that can end up with some problems, as the addon.xml does currently work with absolute paths, this will be changed later in Version 1.0

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@Skywolf, there should be a top-level folder for AIG. That contains everything related to their aircraft, plans etc. The only other reference is an entry in scenery.cfg which should be near or at the top. Just change the path in scenery.cfg and all should be fine.

The Addon has no reference in the scenery.cfg itself, OCI is added to the Sim using the addon.cfg

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png