Sign in to follow this  
Kaiii3

AIG AI Manager

Yes, over 10 minutes now with all the AI fleet.
I believe I am going to delete some files and reduce the load...

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

7 hours ago, AnkH said:

I can easily live with the loading times for the AIG AI Manager, but the loading times of P3Dv5 with lots of AI is more than annoying and makes testing stuff extremely cumbersome. I mean, starting up P3D several times to see what effect this and the other change does simply takes ages. Quickly one or two hours are down the drain, 80% of it due to loading times. I hope LM fixes this in one of the coming Hotfixes or 5.x variants...

May I suggest what I do? My P3D V5 start up mode is vanilla with all my settings active but no weather and no ai. Once the P3D is loaded, I then select the configuration I want to use, be it an airliner one with adjusted sliders and some traffic and weather (soon to added via AS or REX), or GA with different settings. Making P3D load with weather and ai already on puts a lot of pressure on the start up of P3D.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

The only real solution to this problem:

https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/product/consumer/970evo/

It's not really either a P3d or AIGM problem. It stems from having hundreds of AI flightplan files and all the associated models and liveries. I can tell you that I have my flightsim stuff on a Samsung 960 (the previous model) and it speeds up startup times.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

It's not really either a P3d [...] problem.

Of course it is a P3Dv5 issue, P3Dv4.5 loads three to four times faster with exactly the same amount of AI traffic (same AIGAIM installation).

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

RIght now I have all my AIG stuff on a separate internal spinning HD.  I want to move it to a nvme i have.  Other than moving it from one to the other, what else is involved from an installation stand point?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Not in my experience. The load time are within a few seconds of each other. 

19 minutes ago, Midnight Music said:

May I suggest what I do? My P3D V5 start up mode is vanilla with all my settings active but no weather and no ai. Once the P3D is loaded, I then select the configuration I want to use, be it an airliner one with adjusted sliders and some traffic and weather (soon to added via AS or REX), or GA with different settings.

I do not really get this: how can you add your AI traffic after you already started P3D?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

1 minute ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Not in my experience. The load time are within a few seconds of each other. 

Then you do not have that much AI traffic...

Greetings, Chris

Haha sure. I have hundreds of AIGM OCI plans, another 50 or so non-OCI plans, two global  GA plans (cobbled from HTAI single engine and MyTraffic GA plans respectively) and MAIW North America installed. The only difference is that I use VOXATC, but again, the P3d4 and P3d5 load times are almost identical.

Just now, AnkH said:

Then you do not have that much AI traffic...

Well, happy you then. The others here and many posting in the AIG forums and over at LM have the issue of tremendous long loading times, it was acknowledged by LM itself that it is due to something they changed when starting P3D (it goes through every simobject), what was not the case in v4.x. On my rig, there is a huge difference in loading times between v4.5 and v5, and now what? They are both installed on the same SSD, use the exact same AI traffic yet the difference exists.

Greetings, Chris

1 minute ago, AnkH said:

Well, happy you then. The others here and many posting in the AIG forums and over at LM have the issue of tremendous long loading times, it was acknowledged by LM itself that it is due to something they changed when starting P3D (it goes through every simobject), what was not the case in v4.x. On my rig, there is a huge difference in loading times between v4.5 and v5, and now what? They are both installed on the same SSD, use the exact same AI traffic yet the difference exists.

Yeah he somehow got a hold of a different version of P3D V5 than everyone else, including LM. The load times with AI installed are insane.

I’ve got very long load times in both v4 and v5 with AIG and MAIW installed, both running off a Samsung SSD.  If I’m doing testing i will disable both in the addons.cfg file for quicker startups.  Not sure what if anything can be done about this (I assume on the P3D side of things) to stop it from reading every file every time (even if they haven’t changed) but it is a pain.  Throw in a CTD or some other issue that requires restarting and it becomes annoying to fire up the sim.

Still wouldn’t trade off the amazing AI traffic though 😃

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

27 minutes ago, AnkH said:

I do not really get this: how can you add your AI traffic after you already started P3D?

I use Simstarter to load me into a plain P3D V5 setup, no traffic, no weather, but my other sliders are at my preferred settings. Once in P3D I can choose different configurations which I have made previously. Each of those configurations has different settings, for example one cfg will only add the traffic slider set at 30%, keeping everything else the same. On your Graphics page you can see the option for saving different configurations. Give each a name. 

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

55 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The only real solution to this problem:

https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/product/consumer/970evo/

It's not really either a P3d or AIGM problem. It stems from having hundreds of AI flightplan files and all the associated models and liveries. I can tell you that I have my flightsim stuff on a Samsung 960 (the previous model) and it speeds up startup times.

No, loading time is over 10 min.
My rig in signature.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

David,

You do realize that one of the SSDs is running at SATA speeds? Limitation of the motherboard.

Respectfully,

Dave

Dave Wadsworth
i9 13900K 5.5Ghz 64G DDR6000 nVidia 4090 
Win 11 22H2 Pro P3DV5.4 ASP/ASCA Pilot2ATC FS2Crew/TIR5/CP