Sign in to follow this  
Kaiii3

AIG AI Manager

16 minutes ago, Midnight Music said:

Each of those configurations has different settings, for example one cfg will only add the traffic slider set at 30%, keeping everything else the same.

According to LM, all Simobjects are scanned and loaded when you fire up P3Dv5, so having ai traffic slider on 0% for starting P3D and then changing it to 30% once it is loaded will not change anything.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

3 minutes ago, DWadsworth said:

David,

You do realize that one of the SSDs is running at SATA speeds? Limitation of the motherboard.

Respectfully,

Dave

actually don't think that's true.  I only have the regular Maximus Xi.  But the limitation is disabled sata ports.  Not a slowdown

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

6 minutes ago, AnkH said:

According to LM, all Simobjects are scanned and loaded when you fire up P3Dv5, so having ai traffic slider on 0% for starting P3D and then changing it to 30% once it is loaded will not change anything.

Well apologies to LM, but I find P3D loads better without traffic and weather enabled. Something about setting itself up and trying to load all the traffic bgl files and the weather files all at the same time can hang it up. There are plenty of posts around about that. Better to add those in once P3D is up and loaded.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

didn't want this question to get buried on last page.  RIght now I have all my AIG stuff on a separate internal spinning HD.  I want to move it to a nvme i have.  Other than moving it from one to the other, what else is involved from an installation stand point?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

If I had a 10 minute load time, I'd never use P3d5.

Just did a small test:

V4.5 HF2: 11 min. 13 sec to Quick start, 1 min. 33 sec to Cockpit
V5 HF1: 03 min. 35 sec to Quick start, 2 min. 03 sec to Cockpit

Same AIG AI traffic data.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

regarding loadingtimes of P3Dv5:

I have been in contact with LM about this. They have changed the loading algorithm during startup and are now scanning alot more then in v4. So each addon you add will increase loading times (AI, Scenery, etc...)

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

The only way to really resolve this is to run Process Monitor while P3d loads and document what each version is reading on startup. I can't do it because a few of my add-ons incorrectly recognize this MS utility as attempting to defeat the add-on's licensing scheme. Here's the download:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procmon

How to use it:

I do recall from doing this exercise in the past that P3d looked for a lot of files in duplicate. For example, if a gauge was referenced it searched for both the GAU version and the compressed CAB version. This may also be true of textures which could be either in BMP or DDS format.

LM inherited P3d's startup process from FSX and it's possible that they gummed something up. But until someone explains what "scanning a lot more" means, we won't know.  What's P3d5 scanning a lot more for? What does P3d4 miss when it scans? It's sounds more to me like some kind of error checking algorithm has gone haywire and that affects some users.

• Like 1

(P3D 4.5_HF3) I do notice that load times can increase when XML add-ons are changed / added to / reconfigured.  But anything more than say 3 or 4 minutes and I would start to look for another strategy.  Lorby add on manager ?  SimStarter?  ie, something to be able to select add-ons for a particular flight ( and disable the other hundred or so that aren't needed ).  Agree with you that when, for example all of my MegaEarth add ons were enabled (think tens of thousands of BGL's), it takes a ridiculously long time to load.  But I definitely do not see AIG AIM as the cause, and I have major airlines around the world & their associated flightplans.  (AIG is set up via XML method, outside the sim root folder).  

cheers,

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

9 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

What does P3d4 miss when it scans? It's sounds more to me like some kind of error checking algorithm has gone haywire and that affects some users.

+1 and I have had that 'feeling' for years - that algo is bugged.  Without some type of addon mgr, its hopeless....

Edited by joby33y

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

The latest AIG Manager v0.9.4.3 has prompted me several times for payware models even though I have selected freeware only in the settings.

Cheers.

Edited by deetee

1 hour ago, deetee said:

The latest AIG Manager v0.9.4.3 has prompted me several times for payware models even though I have selected freeware only in the settings.

Cheers.

open the Settings, go to OCI settings and then to Payware: Deselect all checkboxes, save payware infos and then save and close AIM. Restart AIM and it should be fine

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Kaiii3 said:

open the Settings, go to OCI settings and then to Payware: Deselect all checkboxes, save payware infos and then save and close AIM. Restart AIM and it should be fine

Thank you Kaiii3 that worked great.

From a UI design perspective I would have thought the Freeware Only option would have overridden the Payware selection tab.

Can't even start AIG AI Manager 0.9.4.4. It just crashes almost immediately at startup. Anyone else? 

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

10 minutes ago, SolRayz said:

Can't even start AIG AI Manager 0.9.4.4. It just crashes almost immediately at startup. Anyone else? 

report over at AIG with the logs

1 hour ago, deetee said:

Thank you Kaiii3 that worked great.

From a UI design perspective I would have thought the Freeware Only option would have overridden the Payware selection tab.

yeah, UI is still not perfect xD we are updating that at the moment for AIM 1.0 - remember 0.9 is more or less a beta version for public testing^^