Sign in to follow this  
Kaiii3

AIG AI Manager

54 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Have a look in the tutorial

Michael Moe 

I just viewed a YouTube tutorial. I didn't realize that this was a lot more work than I thought. I am just too darn lazy, so I suppose I will wait until Traffic Global gets updated (whenever that may be). It does seem to be a great program though once it is all set up.

Cheers, Pete

Edited by PilotPete99

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

1 hour ago, kaha said:

I have the DHL airlines visible in the screenshot.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8cvw4g172ds1k03/DHL.png?dl=0

Karl

So if you scroll down a bit you should see EAT Leipzig if I'm not mistaken. They, together with DHL Air UK that you see in your screenshot, handle most if not all of DHL inter European air traffic.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, PilotPete99 said:

I just viewed a YouTube tutorial. I didn't realize that this was a lot more work than I thought. I am just too darn lazy, so I suppose I will wait until Traffic Global gets updated (whenever that may be). It does seem to be a great program though once it is all set up.

Cheers, Pete

well actual not is not that much work: Start AIM, multiselect all flightplans and wait till the bulk OCI install is done 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

2 hours ago, Kaiii3 said:

well actual not is not that much work: Start AIM, multiselect all flightplans and wait till the bulk OCI install is done 😉

All though i do need to click between freeware/payware all the time to proceed? 

I am really amazed by the models and will donate for sure 🙂

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

2 hours ago, Kaiii3 said:

I know that this is the "AIGAIM advertisment", but sorry to say, it is just wrong. As I did install all 829 available airlines in the last few days, I can tell that there is considerably more things to do than just select all flightplans and let OCI do the rest:

- you must log in at least to the three resources for downloading repaints and models (avsim, flightsim, aig). If you do not have already an account there, you need to create one. If you clean your cookies by CCleaner for example, you need to login again.

- you must define if you want to use freeware models or payware models. If you select payware models, you must tell OCI where to find the corresponding .zip file the first time you load this plane.

- there are several repaints or models (RAVEN AI mostly) that can not be downloaded automatically. You then have to download it manually and tell OCI where to find this .zip

Although this is still a greatly reduced workload compared to the mess and cumbersome amount of work you need to do if you want to install a .bgl based airline totally manually, it is still more than just clicking some buttons. And it might already be to much for some users that are really not experienced with AI traffic and AI models.

To me, it is nevertheless the new gold standard. As soon as you have the initial stuff configured and the payware models ready, it is just a "one click installer". And I would not miss it anymore, even if I just have some days of experience with it ;-) Still have to donate though...

Edited by AnkH

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I would disagree about the difficulty of setting up, a couple of clicks, a couple of logins and you’re done. There was a bug in the last build with regard to freeware and pay ware but that was quickly resolved. ( I don’t use pay ware AI)

The other major advantage (for me) is the ability to update both routes and repaints, again with a couple of clicks. I used to use UT Live and well remember the hassle of searching, downloading and installing new models and paints.... and then updating timetables etc 🤕

Also,  the program is still in beta so hopefully will continue to be improved and refined

Which reminds me... I still haven’t donated, will go and do that now 🙂

Regards

G

• Like 1

Although the installation can be time consuming, I find once set up AIG OCI is fire and forget. FSUIPC is essential however for "policing" the AI by keeping my fps above 30 where possible. It's really great to see AI aircraft in airports where previously there were none.

8 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

All though i do need to click between freeware/payware all the time to proceed? 

I am really amazed by the models and will donate for sure 🙂

Michael Moe

not if you preselect in the settings (freeware only or the payware models you have). But I agree the tutorial and the manual are a bit unclear at some of this parts. But for 1.0 we will rewrite all our documents 😉

• Upvote 1

Yes, the problems of installing with OCI are being way overstated. For example, the freeware/payware thing a couple of people have mentioned - just click the box that says “freeware only”. Done.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

18 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

not if you preselect in the settings (freeware only or the payware models you have). But I agree the tutorial and the manual are a bit unclear at some of this parts. But for 1.0 we will rewrite all our documents 😉

Good idea to write some better docs when you get a chance, but let me just say that this is a brilliant asset that has been bought to P3D - you guys are legends!

• Upvote 3

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

17 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Good idea to write some better docs when you get a chance, but let me just say that this is a brilliant asset that has been bought to P3D - you guys are legends!

thanks, and that with just a beta Version xD More stuff will come with AIM 1.0

17 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Good idea to write some better docs when you get a chance

I don't know, to be honest I found the Tutorial PDF to be absolutely fine. Just follow through the steps one by one and it's fine.

The main issue I have with it, is you need to babysit the downloads, otherwise you get one that wont download. Usually happens If I decide to leave it for an hour or 2. Sods law it will always stop about 5 mins after I left the room! 

😅🤣😂

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

Despite that Raven model thing, this is still the most phenomenal program that I've seen a dedicated group of people put together! I mean if you stop to think what these people have done for us for FREE. As a result of using this Free program, I've learned a lot about the individual airlines. Now when I see one in sim, I know a little bit about what I'm looking at, I'm not just a zombie robot cruising the airport and am reminded of the hours and hours some person worked in order to look at the FREE models that I am seeing. I'll admit it took a little brain work to become a competent user of AIG, but I wouldn't even change those few hours for a free fishing trip. Kudos to the Alpa - India group!   

• Upvote 3

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Out of curiosity: is this impacting P3D load time?

I mean - if I install ALL USA and European airlines for example.

&

ugcx_banner.png