Sign in to follow this  
Kaiii3

AIG AI Manager

on startup yes, and on loading the scenario a bit

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

21 minutes ago, sholay said:

Out of curiosity: is this impacting P3D load time?

I mean - if I install ALL USA and European airlines for example.

&

Yes, but so what?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

To me, sceney addons take much longer to load.  I have the same AIG traffic for both P3Dv4 and v5.  My v5 only has Orbx global now, wheras my v4 has over 600 addon sceneries.  V4 takes around 5-6 minutes to get to the scenario screen.  V5 gets there in about 45 seconds.  Negligible impact from scenario selection to flight start, until I enable all ORBX scenery.

Edited by cshark172

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

I have all 830+ AIG flightplans installed and loading takes forever, almost 10min. P3Dv4.5 loads with exactly the same AI traffic in about 4-5min. If I remove AIGAIM from P3Dv5, it loads in 2-3min. It is ridiculous, but that is how it is for now...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

1 hour ago, sholay said:

Out of curiosity: is this impacting P3D load time?

Adding large numbers of aircraft will effect initial load times for sure. It's the price you pay to give the sim life. 😉

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

2 minutes ago, AnkH said:

I have all 830+ AIG flightplans installed and loading takes forever, almost 10min. P3Dv4.5 loads with exactly the same AI traffic in about 4-5min. If I remove AIGAIM from P3Dv5, it loads in 2-3min. It is ridiculous, but that is how it is for now...

That's why I was thinking about to reduce the number of flight plans. There are several domestic flight plans in countries where I never fly in. But I guess the loading time I will win is not big enough because I want to keep all international flights and those domestic flights of countries for which I have add-on airports. So I agree, we have to live with it until LM wants to fix it, if that's possible at all.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

1 minute ago, Nemo said:

That's why I was thinking about to reduce the number of flight plans.

You won't change anything by reducing the number plans unless you remove the associated aircraft along with them. It's the number of aircraft that is causing the increased load time.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

6 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

Yes, the problems of installing with OCI are being way overstated. For example, the freeware/payware thing a couple of people have mentioned - just click the box that says “freeware only”. Done.

If you read those payware posts again. You'll see that I mentioned that Freeware Only checkbox was already ticked but it was still prompting for payware models. In addition it only happened following an update and was working fine previously. So go easy before accusing folks of overstating problems. 😉

1 hour ago, deetee said:

If you read those payware posts again. You'll see that I mentioned that Freeware Only checkbox was already ticked but it was still prompting for payware models. In addition it only happened following an update and was working fine previously. So go easy before accusing folks of overstating problems. 😉

Did you ever figure out how to make it default to freeware only? It keeps popping up a window asking me to choose which is quite annoying. It was working before until the updates came. Not sure how to fix it.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

35 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Did you ever figure out how to make it default to freeware only? It keeps popping up a window asking me to choose which is quite annoying. It was working before until the updates came. Not sure how to fix it.

Pop over to the AIG forum, there are a couple of threads on the subject. The way I cured it was to go to the payware tab, deselect everything there, make sure then that freeware only is ticked then save and close.

Solved the problem for me. Hope that helps

Regards

G

yes, the payware tab is a little hard to notice. I spent 3 or 4 runs clicking thru that request to down load something or other until I finally noticed the payware tab. I suggest that it shouldn't be filled in with check marks by default.

How can one install more files for the sim to load and not expect longer load time?????? 

Edited by jimcarrel

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

I couldn't find the payware tab, where is it located?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I fixed the freeware/payware issue by following the instruction in this message: https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=33515.msg333697#msg333697

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

"It takes a long time to load."

What, pray, would you do with the extra minutes if it loaded faster?

Just have another cup of coffee while you wait (or another G&T, seeing that we are not really flying).

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

24 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

What, pray, would you do with the extra minutes if it loaded faster?

Just have another cup of coffee while you wait (or another G&T, seeing that we are not really flying).

Maybe that is fine for you. If I want to have a simming session in the evening when back from work, I really do not want to wait 10mins for P3D to fire up. It is not a big deal, I agree, but it is annoying.

But more important: now with the release of a novel version, you need to do several tests to find a good setup etc. Addons will be installed again and tested for how they work. Now if you have to wait everytime 10min for P3D to be running, those testing sessions are just a pain. In 2h testing time, you wait a total of more than 1h for the sim to start up...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS