Sign in to follow this  
Kaiii3

AIG AI Manager

10 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Then I guess I'm halfway there. What's bothering me is that I seem to run into certain flight plans where it would server time-out. I'm not sure what the best method to go about resuming from where you left off but what I do is close out the window and then on then hit OCI-Bulk button on the 'Online Flightplans' window again. But to me it seems to start back at the beginning of the flightplan list and not resume from the flightplan where it server timedout on. What is the best method when you encounter server timeouts while downloading repaints without having to start all over at the top of the list again? 

When I'm doing a bulk install and get a server timeout (or some sort of crash which seems to have been happening a bit recently) and the program no longer responds I force close via task manager and then remove the temp files which can be done via the OCI settings menu. I've also tried removing them manually from AIGTechs ProgramData folder which worked too. 

I then go back and try the troublesome FP again. Its always worked for me that way. All previously installed flight plans (those in the bulk collection prior to the one that timed out) seem to have installed correctly so you don't need to start them again.

• Like 1

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

Thanks, btw this file is missing. It's Emerson Electric ESAI flightplan.

http://www.alpha-india.net/aigfiles/files/Resources/OCI_data/OCI_RFAI_Falcon900_P3Dv4_ConvDataV2.zip

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

As someone who has installed all airlines I would offer this piece of advice. When multi-selecting only do 10 at a time. That way you can monitor what is going on and respond where necessary. 10 twice a day for a month is minimal effort. Let's face it, if you're flying predominantly in one continent then airlines for another aren't high priority and may never be seen.

I recently completed a round-the-world tour and saw airlines I'm unlikely ever to see again. So don't bust your chops trying to get all 600+ airlines installed. Slowly does it. Major airlines first, then the rest.

@pedrotrindade, it uses the add-on system so copy and paste the relevant file(s) from P3Dv4 addon folder under Documents to the v5 equivalent. I don't have v5 but that should be enough.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

6 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@pedrotrindade, it uses the add-on system so copy and paste the relevant file(s) from P3Dv4 addon folder under Documents to the v5 equivalent. I don't have v5 but that should be enough.

Thanks Ray, I'll try later today.

@Ray Proudfoot  for some reason I don't have any AIG files in my V5 addons folder. The good news is that when starting AIG it asks if i want to run v4 or v5, I chose V5 and after 2 minutes is running in p3d v5. Piece of cake.:smile:

Edited by pedrotrindade

@pedrotrindade, ah so it’s possible the add-on.xml is somewhere else. C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin etc. possibly.

It’s always recommended to install AIG outside the P3D environment so it’s not mixed up with any particular version. Mine is on D:\AIG so v4 or v5 can access it.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

You can install AIG-OCI into any directory you want. AIM will setup the path in the P3D cfg files automatically. In case you run both SIm (v4 and v5) you can select on startup of AIM your version and AIM will change OCI to that Version automatically. We recommend not to switch to often 😉

• Like 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

On 7/6/2020 at 9:06 PM, Kaiii3 said:

You can install AIG-OCI into any directory you want. AIM will setup the path in the P3D cfg files automatically. In case you run both SIm (v4 and v5) you can select on startup of AIM your version and AIM will change OCI to that Version automatically. We recommend not to switch to often 😉

Kaiii3, I installed AI OCI at 1%/-1/% setting first, a lot of airlines. I used FSUIPC/AI Companion to limit the number of AI planes with 100% Traffic setting in P3D (I know I could set just 1% in P3D with the same result). Then I thought it would be a good idea to modify all my AI to 1%-99% setting instead (thinking that it might give a better variaty or randomization, don't ask me why lol). So I set OCI to 1%-99% and started deleting my airlines one by one in OCI and then redownloading and reinstalling them. At some point I forgot where I stopped (which airline from my installed list) redownloading with the new 1%-99% setting. What a mess (in head, of course). A few questions here:

1) What setting gives you best variaty 1%-1% or 1%-99% or 1%-100% with P3D's traffic set @100% before using any limiter?

2) How to properly come either from 1%-1% to 1%-99% setting or back from 1%-99% to 1%-1% taking the halfway mess I created as described above? For example, I remember I deleted then redownloaded/installed BA with 1%-99% setting, But now I almost don't have any BA aircraft in Heathrow (just a couple of B777s) in favor of other long-range leftovers like Virgin Atlantic mostly and some Delta as well. AI Companion shows my standar number at around 140 aircraft"s" though (with FSUIPC limiter).

Can anybody help me with the above questions if Kaiii3 is busy out? Or at least how to unistall OCI AI properly and redo all the airlines again if no easier solution for my case?

Thanks.

Edited by Dirk98

I can't even uninstall AIG OCI now. I renamed the whole foldert, download the whole AIG OCI ZIP file, but when I run the exe from the fresh folder, OCI doesn't show any airlines online anymore... As usual no mentioning of how to uninstall properly in the accompanying pdfs. Or at least no Uninstall hits..

Edited by Dirk98

7 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

Can anybody help me with the above questions if Kaiii3 is busy out? Or at least how to unistall OCI AI properly and redo all the airlines again if no easier solution for my case?

Dirk:

I will attempt to take you through the de-installation process as I understand it.

AIG Manager comes with two main directories: the application directory and the add-on directory.

The application directory has the 'AIGTech - AI Manager' application. This will be where you unzipped the distribution file.

The add-on directory is where the various SimObjects, Texture and Traffic files are located. This is the area that the flight simulator will load for the AI traffic. You know you are looking at the right directory if there is a directory inside named 'OCI-Configuration'.

Finally, there is an entry in the add-ons.cfg file (located in %programdata%/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D Vn') that tells Prepar3D how to find the add-on directory. It will be something like the following:

[Package.12]
PATH=D:\AIGAIM - OCI\OCI-Configuration
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

So... to back all this out, you need to delete the application directory and the add-on directory. You also need to remove the entry in the add-ons.cfg file. Don't worry about renumbering, prepar3D will do it for you on the next run.

Before nuking everything, you might want to make a backup copy of the aircraft files that are the 'special' fetches. That is, those that are not available from the standard libraries. My copy of these has the following files:

19242-IrAero-Traffic-Win-09.zip         34465-AI-Yak-40v1.zip
39954-Yak40-Severstal-Su11.zip          52679-BEKAIR-FOKKER-100.zip
61286-LEOLET.zip                        61611-738UTA.zip
62340-777-ER-SDM.zip                    62341-319-SDM-SPORT.zip
67369-Aviastar-TU-Wi19-Wi20.zip         AI-An-24CIS_Pak1.rar.zip
AIM_CRJ2_PFZ.zip                        Air Koryo.zip
AITRSP_v1.8.zip                         AI_An24.zip
FAIB A321-200 IAE SriLankan.zip         FAIB_A21N_DJT_FSXP3D.zip
FAIB_A320_AZA_Jeep.zip                  IrAero.zip
JCAI_EagleAir_Summer_2019v2.zip         mjcq4_1910.zip
Raven+FS+Labs+CRJ-1000+Build+1901.zip   Raven+FS+Labs+CRJ-200+Build+2001.zip
Raven+FS+Labs+CRJ-700+Build+1901.zip    Raven+FS+Labs+CRJ-900+Build+1901.zip
SKJ_TU154_v3.zip

Also, if you just want to recompile the BGLs with the new range values, I *think* you just have to remove the BGL files in the Traffic Files/Scenery directory in the add-on folder and then I *think* you also have to reset the FPDatabase file to be empty. The empty FPDatabase file should just contain the following:

//Do not edit this file!

Naturally, Kaiii3 is the authority on this so I would respect his word over mine.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Cheers!

David Haynes

I'll go through it.

Thank you so much, CNC3 David!

Edited by Dirk98

Sigh, it seems like my flight plan settings have been somehow resetted back to a minimum of 1% and a maximum of 1%. Not sure what caused those settings to change as I had it set to 1% - 99% before. Now I have to recompile all 900 flight plans all over again from scratch. Not happy with this at all. If there's a quicker and easier way to recompile all the flightplans without having to redownload everything, please let me know how.

• Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

14 hours ago, cnc3 said:

Dirk:

I will attempt to take you through the de-installation process as I understand it.

AIG Manager comes with two main directories: the application directory and the add-on directory.

The application directory has the 'AIGTech - AI Manager' application. This will be where you unzipped the distribution file.

The add-on directory is where the various SimObjects, Texture and Traffic files are located. This is the area that the flight simulator will load for the AI traffic. You know you are looking at the right directory if there is a directory inside named 'OCI-Configuration'.

Finally, there is an entry in the add-ons.cfg file (located in %programdata%/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D Vn') that tells Prepar3D how to find the add-on directory. It will be something like the following:

[Package.12]
PATH=D:\AIGAIM - OCI\OCI-Configuration
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

So... to back all this out, you need to delete the application directory and the add-on directory. You also need to remove the entry in the add-ons.cfg file. Don't worry about renumbering, prepar3D will do it for you on the next run.

Before nuking everything, you might want to make a backup copy of the aircraft files that are the 'special' fetches. That is, those that are not available from the standard libraries. My copy of these has the following files:

19242-IrAero-Traffic-Win-09.zip         34465-AI-Yak-40v1.zip
39954-Yak40-Severstal-Su11.zip          52679-BEKAIR-FOKKER-100.zip
61286-LEOLET.zip                        61611-738UTA.zip
62340-777-ER-SDM.zip                    62341-319-SDM-SPORT.zip
67369-Aviastar-TU-Wi19-Wi20.zip         AI-An-24CIS_Pak1.rar.zip
AIM_CRJ2_PFZ.zip                        Air Koryo.zip
AITRSP_v1.8.zip                         AI_An24.zip
FAIB A321-200 IAE SriLankan.zip         FAIB_A21N_DJT_FSXP3D.zip
FAIB_A320_AZA_Jeep.zip                  IrAero.zip
JCAI_EagleAir_Summer_2019v2.zip         mjcq4_1910.zip
Raven+FS+Labs+CRJ-1000+Build+1901.zip   Raven+FS+Labs+CRJ-200+Build+2001.zip
Raven+FS+Labs+CRJ-700+Build+1901.zip    Raven+FS+Labs+CRJ-900+Build+1901.zip
SKJ_TU154_v3.zip

Also, if you just want to recompile the BGLs with the new range values, I *think* you just have to remove the BGL files in the Traffic Files/Scenery directory in the add-on folder and then I *think* you also have to reset the FPDatabase file to be empty. The empty FPDatabase file should just contain the following:

//Do not edit this file!

Naturally, Kaiii3 is the authority on this so I would respect his word over mine.

Good luck!

David, I didn't nuke my AIG OCI from the beginning, so I figured to how to revert back to my 1%-1% situation before you even posted that. Generally I understand the structure of AIG OCI installation. But the second part of your post goes into details that I didn't have any idea of. Thank you very much again for taking the time and trying to explain it all here. I'll try cautiously what your suggested in part 2. How to recompile exactly what I reset in FPDatabase? 

Regards,

Edited by Dirk98

What's the quickest way to recompile your traffic bgl files without having to redownload models, texture, repaints, etc?