Sign in to follow this  
Kaiii3

AIG AI Manager

2 minutes ago, captain420 said:

What's the quickest way to recompile your traffic bgl files without having to redownload models, texture, repaints, etc?

And how exactly to recompile it? ))

Thanks.

56 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

... How to recompile exactly what I reset in FPDatabase?

As I understand it, the FPDatabase records which flightplans have been compiled into BGL files. Nuking the contents of this file should reset your environment to as it was before any flightplans were processed. So, you would use the multi-select to select the flightplans you want and then have AIM rebuild them.

AIM does cache the airplane models in %programdata%\AIGTech\AIGAIM\temp_model but I don't know if it uses these before going out to the library sites. Textures are downloaded from the library sites each time.

Edited by cnc3
Added note about texture caches
  • Like 1

Cheers!

David Haynes

I've never adjusted these range values. If you do then I believe the next time you download a revised schedule you have to do it all over again. Happy to be corrected if that is not the case.

I use FSUIPC to adjust Ai to ensure 30fps is achieved with a lower limit of 50. At some busy airports that means compromising on the number of Ai you're going to see but I would far prefer to have a smooth 30fps and sacrifice some Ai rather than have a stutter-fest with too many.

Each to their own of course.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

21 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I've never adjusted these range values. If you do then I believe the next time you download a revised schedule you have to do it all over again. Happy to be corrected if that is not the case.

I use FSUIPC to adjust Ai to ensure 30fps is achieved with a lower limit of 50. At some busy airports that means compromising on the number of Ai you're going to see but I would far prefer to have a smooth 30fps and sacrifice some Ai rather than have a stutter-fest with too many.

Each to their own of course.

Ray, traffic limiters are not a problem anymore (and with your help including), so set it to your heart's delight and have as many AI as you want,  any number. In my case I'm trying to squeeze more variaty and randomization and compare 1%-1% vs 1%-99% performance variaty-wise.

Edited by Dirk98

@Dirk98, fair enough but I see plenty of different airlines all all airports I visit. Surely you would need to start at the same airport at the same time each day to see the randomness.

Is this ‘tweak’ something suggested by AIG or another party? If recompiling is needed when updated BGLs are available it seems a disproportionate amount of work.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@Dirk98, fair enough but I see plenty of different airlines all all airports I visit. Surely you would need to start at the same airport at the same time each day to see the randomness.

Is this ‘tweak’ something suggested by AIG or another party? If recompiling is needed when updated BGLs are available it seems a disproportionate amount of work.

True, it does, Ray. We'll see.

Is there a way to tell what percentage range your traffic bgl are currently are? I have 896 flight plans now. I really don't want to start over from scratch if it's not necessary.

What frustrates me is I want to know what caused my settings to change like that. I had it set at 1% - 99% when I first installed and used AIG-OCI. I know for a fact I never touched that setting after that.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Just to add some data points to this discussion I have gleaned from the AIG AIM forum (which I highly recommend for answering questions like this.) A link to the forums is here.

On May 06, 2020, Kaiii3 states:

if you changed the settings only new BGLs will use them. Old BGLs are still on the old values (we will add a feature for this later). What Settings you are using is up to you. 1-99% allow full use of the slider within the Simulator

So this seems to say that setting 1-99% is probably what most people want.

I assume that 'we will add a feature for this later' refers to the ability to have AIM recompile all the BGLs.

He also recommended these values earlier in the discussion:

... When having problems I would recoomend setting them to 1-99% (Important only new compiled FPS will get these values) then you can use the traffic slider in Prepar3D to change the amount of traffic.

On March 04, 2020, he said:

In case you have compiled all BGLs so far with 1% there is a simple solution: Delete all BGLs in the OCI directory and start a reinstall of all airlines. Since the repaints are already installed the installtion process should take only 30min (some repaints are beiing redownloaded).

This seems to answer the 'how do I rebuild the BGLs' question.

Edited by cnc3
Removed duplicate quote
  • Like 2

Cheers!

David Haynes

BTW, are these settings correct?

image.pngprivate image upload

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

8 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

If recompiling is needed when updated BGLs are available it seems a disproportionate amount of work.

No, once you've set the range 1-99% or whatever you want, any new updates or downloads are built with the random setting in those limits. The problem of re-building being discussed is that the whole lot have been downloaded and built already with the 1-1% default limits set.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

39 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

No, once you've set the range 1-99% or whatever you want, any new updates or downloads are built with the random setting in those limits. The problem of re-building being discussed is that the whole lot have been downloaded and built already with the 1-1% default limits set.

Pete

This sounds like a bug then. So you're saying that if we initially set our initial range to 1%-99% and then later if there are any updated flightplans, they will be downloaded and compiled at a setting of 1-1%? Seems like this is what happened to me. The settings should hold and not change at all.

Anyow, I'm in the process of recompiling all my flight plans all over again and so far it's going much faster than I expected. It did 432 flightplans in about 4-5 hours. I just did what @cnc3 said, and just went into my AIM-OCI/traffic/scenery and deleted all the files in there and, loaded up AIG-OCI and made sure my setting was set to 1%-99%, and selected all the flight plans and installed via OCI-BULK. So glad that it's not taking as long as the 1st time.

Edited by captain420

If you click into an airline that’s in your installed list, you can see at what % it’s been randomly compiled at 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mrlip said:

If you click into an airline that’s in your installed list, you can see at what % it’s been randomly compiled at 

Now the task is to change from whatever you see to whatever is possible.

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

Pete

Okay so once these limits have been set what is fundamentally different? I don’t fly out of the same airport each day to see that today’s movements are different to yesterday’s. Maybe I’m just not understanding the benefits but I just don’t get why it’s worth the effort.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Okay so once these limits have been set what is fundamentally different? I don’t fly out of the same airport each day to see that today’s movements are different to yesterday’s. Maybe I’m just not understanding the benefits but I just don’t get why it’s worth the effort.

It's worth the effort for me because I don't use external programs or add-ons to limit the AI traffic. So that's why it's nice to be able to dial the amount of traffic on a 1:1 ration using the traffic slider inside of P3D.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1