Sign in to follow this  
Kaiii3

AIG AI Manager

update -  deleted all things AIG. Unzipped the new 1.0.1.3 -  all's well and operational - just felt plumb naked with AIG. absolutely "Addictive".  

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

I have upgraded AIG, have Notepad++ installed, and did not notice any of the observed issues other uses have had, so Im wondering if I have other underlying issues.

Having said that, I am using AIG Manager in a different setup to most, where I am using AIG manager to download aircraft and flight plan BGLs, which I then convert to UTL XML Schedules, disable the in house UTL schedule for that airline, and let UTL insert the traffic. I disable the IAG traffic BGLs from being loaded into the sim, to make sure I dont have duplicate traffic.  I have configured real complex flight plans in UTL for my traffic to follow (which isnt really possible with BGL traffic)

I prefer to have an engine like UTL inject traffic, rather than using BGLs.

Ive been keeping an eye on AIG TC posts, as this seems like a new engine that will allow me to control traffic like UTL does (no BGLs), program complex flightplans for that traffic, and hopefully overcome some of the ongoing issues with UTL.

So I downloaded a test AIGFP file and aircraft to test, and I was quite impressed at AIGTC.

What I would like to know is if, and how, I might be able to start converting some data sets I am using in UTL (converted AIG BGL schedules, manually created flight plans) into AIGFP format, so I can do further testing.

I was not able to find any references here or on AIG forum if its possible at this stage and how?

Has anyone else experimented with AIGTC?

PS I have a long list of ideas Id like to see implemented in AIGTC, which is sorely missing from UTL.

Regards

David

currently there is no way of convertig a BGL/TXT to AIGFP. Both sources do have not contain all needed information for a fully working AIGFP file

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

I tried a few of the newer style flightplans and gave up on them, mostly because I've been switching from P3d5 to MSFS and I've lost interest in experimenting with the older sim. However, the concept is a good one, despite one serious drawback. The aircraft injected in this manner show up in the sim, but the default ATC doesn't communicate with them (nor of course, does VOXATC). This situation will probably get more confusing as the AIGFP aircraft are controlled in an increasingly more realistic fashion and the sim's ATC continues to control its aircraft like it was 1925. For helicopters, it's no big deal. But for commercial airliners, a hybrid between AIGFP and BGL flightplans is going to be a problem. Or am I missing some critical point?

Airplanes injected by AIGTC are handled by the internal ATC, only the helicopters are nonATC since adding them the other way would bring us back to the default internal AI system that does not work for them. Can you give me an example which airplanes did not comuunicate with default ATC?

I didn't quite get the practical implementation of AIG-TC.

I understand what it does, as a matter of fact my current traffic setup is a 50/50 hybrid between UTL and AIG-AIM with each having their own merits and drawbacks. Hence, the possibility of replacing the UTL traffic injector is especially appealing as this should introduce the flexibility and a way to control some of the traffic (clear overcrowded runways and approaches, release bottlenecks and taxiway jams etc).

In practice, currently AIG-TC serves as a sort of traffic map while the traffic is still generated by the bgls that are installed each time I install an airline pack, or I must be missing something!?

21 hours ago, c912039 said:

I have upgraded AIG, have Notepad++ installed, and did not notice any of the observed issues other uses have had, so Im wondering if I have other underlying issues.

Regards

David

The reason my Notepad++ kept stopping the update was because I had added the .bat files to notepads internal extension list. Therefore you probably don't have underlying problems.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

12 hours ago, ha5mvo said:

I didn't quite get the practical implementation of AIG-TC.

I understand what it does, as a matter of fact my current traffic setup is a 50/50 hybrid between UTL and AIG-AIM with each having their own merits and drawbacks. Hence, the possibility of replacing the UTL traffic injector is especially appealing as this should introduce the flexibility and a way to control some of the traffic (clear overcrowded runways and approaches, release bottlenecks and taxiway jams etc).

In practice, currently AIG-TC serves as a sort of traffic map while the traffic is still generated by the bgls that are installed each time I install an airline pack, or I must be missing something!?

when AIGFP is enabled in AIM (Settings->Flightplan) and the source flightplan is provided in AIGFP format, AIM will install the Flightplan as AIGFP and not as BGL. AIGTC then will inject the traffic using SImConnect.

6 hours ago, Kaiii3 said:

when AIGFP is enabled in AIM (Settings->Flightplan) and the source flightplan is provided in AIGFP format, AIM will install the Flightplan as AIGFP and not as BGL. AIGTC then will inject the traffic using SImConnect.

Got it. Great!

So, currently AIGFP packages are only available for the "GA corporate" type. 

1) if I want to switch from bgl to AIGFP, should I delete and reinstall the package? If so, in its current state does it offer any advantages over the bgl method?

2) In the future, once "airline" type packages get updated, will it be an automatic process?

Thanks

//Michael

7 hours ago, Kaiii3 said:

Can you tell me which benefit we are having from this (stability/performance/loading times, etc)? What do I have to do with all the downloaded BGLfiles? Leave them as they are or delete them? 

Any help would be appreciated. I am always getting a little confused if there are several ways possible and if it is not quit clear we can use them parallel or not (choose between them or can we use both next to each other?).

Thanks a lot for your hard work and help here.

Marcus

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

4 hours ago, ha5mvo said:

Got it. Great!

So, currently AIGFP packages are only available for the "GA corporate" type. 

1) if I want to switch from bgl to AIGFP, should I delete and reinstall the package? If so, in its current state does it offer any advantages over the bgl method?

2) In the future, once "airline" type packages get updated, will it be an automatic process?

Thanks

//Michael

1) Go to <OCI>\Traffic Files\Scenery and delete all files "Traffic_ESAI_*.bgl" restart AIM. AIM will no detect that non of them is installed all let you install them as AIGFP (if enabled)

2) Yes, since this updates will come in new seasons the "old" season will get removed automaically during the updateprocess

4 hours ago, mpo910 said:

Can you tell me which benefit we are having from this (stability/performance/loading times, etc)? What do I have to do with all the downloaded BGLfiles? Leave them as they are or delete them? 

Any help would be appreciated. I am always getting a little confused if there are several ways possible and if it is not quit clear we can use them parallel or not (choose between them or can we use both next to each other?).

Thanks a lot for your hard work and help here.

Marcus

You do not have to delete any old BGL, they will get replaced over the time with the new files. The benefit of AIGFP is that it allows more options for designing flightplans. Tests have shown a slight increase in performance compared to BGL based traffic as well.

• Like 1

Any word of AIG Manager being developed for the upcoming MFS2020?

Edited by captain420

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

2 hours ago, captain420 said:

Any word of AIG Manager being developed for the upcoming MFS2020?

many posts around the world wide web: There has been no development since the lack of information. The focus is currently on other Stuff, before we can even start thinking about getting it wo work with MSFS there need to be resources like models and repaints ready for the new Sim and some other things

oh and I actual need the motivation to buy the game, without it I can not develop anything

Edited by Kaiii3

Can Traffic Controller work from a networked PC?

Thanks.