Sign in to follow this  
Kaiii3

AIG AI Manager

try it with a restart , when the AI is back to normal it is caused by this addon

• Upvote 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

On 8/15/2020 at 11:28 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Hi Pete / Kaiii3,

Thank you both for your views. It sounds as though I don't need to worry about how Ai will be treated by RC. When a major airline has an AIGFP file I'll backup the equivalent BGL and test with the new one.

I'm curious how do you plan to learn about that? How can we learn when a new AIGFP is released?

Thanks

12 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

I'm curious how do you plan to learn about that? How can we learn when a new AIGFP is released?

Thanks

From a brief look at the new version there is an option in Settings to add these files. I didn't look into it any further so whether they replace the BGL I'm not sure. Kaiii3 will probably say.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Lol ,

I’m lost with these new options!

someone please make a video for us.

mike

16 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

From a brief look at the new version there is an option in Settings to add these files. I didn't look into it any further so whether they replace the BGL I'm not sure. Kaiii3 will probably say.

All Flightplans for OCI released after the public release of AIM 1.0 are AIGFP ready. So it is up to the user if all flightplans from now on should be installed as AIGFP. Remember AIGFP as well as AIGTC are still WIP and might contain smaller/bigger bugs xD

11 hours ago, ha5mvo said:

Is there an option to AutoStart AIG-TC with the sim?

not yet. Focus on this release was to test the main basic features of AIGFP. Autostart will be added in one of the next updates.

8 hours ago, mikeymike said:

Lol ,

I’m lost with these new options!

someone please make a video for us.

mike

I am sure someone will do it

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, ha5mvo said:

Is there an option to AutoStart AIG-TC with the sim?

You could add the XML Lines into your EXE.xml file. Or, use Lorbys add-on organiser to add it as an exe package and it will do it all for you

UPDATE: I've just found AIG Traffic Controller so that looks to have answered the questions below.

I've installed one AIGFP plan that resides in the AIG\AIGAIM - OCI\Traffic Files\AIGFP folder.

It's not viewable with NotePad++. I can't see a way of opening it with AIFP3. Two questions...

1) How do I know departure time and from which airport?

2) There isn't an entry in Traffic Files\scenery for it.

How does it get picked up by P3Dv4.5?

I've asked the Ai Companion author if there's a way for the flight details to be examoned with his program.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1) We will release documentation about this file after the current testing phase, as well as an API for other developers

2) Used by AIGTC, as you wrote in the update yourself

• Upvote 1

Just started using AI-Manager for P3Dv5 installation, and have downloaded quite a lot of flight plans and scenery, etc. They appear in a folder called D:\AIGAIM - OCI but what I don't understand is how to make it active in the sim. Do I need to create and xml file for it or have I missed something in the set-up process.

Thanks

Just run the AIGtech-AI manager then run the tutorial

edit ..just done a download, there is no tutorial, just looking for the 'quick start'

found and had a look at the readme file, loaded up some traffic( i think) , the traffic manager map was on , loaded the sim, crash to desk top hmmm! need a re-think

Edited by onebob

2 hours ago, ideoplastic said:

Just started using AI-Manager for P3Dv5 installation, and have downloaded quite a lot of flight plans and scenery, etc. They appear in a folder called D:\AIGAIM - OCI but what I don't understand is how to make it active in the sim. Do I need to create and xml file for it or have I missed something in the set-up process.

As I understand it, there are two methods of adding AIM traffic to the sim.

One is the older method where AIM generated a BGL file. Flight plans are made available to the sim via the add-on.xml method which is set up when you first run and configure the AIGTech AI Manager application.

The second method uses AIM to generate an AIGFP file. These are currently being used for the various GA flightplans and require the AIGTech Traffic Controller application to be run in order to be injected into the sim. When you install the Traffic Controller application, it sets up an add-on.xml file to start the application when the sim starts.

The best way to see if the programs are working is to disable the default AI traffic BGL in your Prepar3D v5\Scenery\World\scenery folder and then start the sim. You should see AI traffic at any major airport.

• Like 1

Cheers!

David Haynes

Thank you very much David.

So far I have installed AI-Mananger configured it for v5, selected OCI and have downloaded  quite a few flightplans and liveries and also have AIGTC in its own folder which created an xml in the addons folder. So far so good although I haven't tested it yet. My intention is to find out if it will work while connected to the Vatsim Network. 

Best regards

1 hour ago, ideoplastic said:

... My intention is to find out if it will work while connected to the Vatsim Network.

My preference for VATSIM would be to use the FLAi Operations Center aircraft simobjects and not run any other AI traffic.

Cheers!

David Haynes

2 hours ago, cnc3 said:

My preference for VATSIM would be to use the FLAi Operations Center aircraft simobjects and not run any other AI traffic.

Yes I already have FLAi but unfortunately there are quite a number of airline liveries that it doesn't have and AI-Manager can in most instances fill the gap. I'm not using it for the well known airlines but rather for those less known. I've created a list of errors while using vPilot when unable to find the correct aircraft/livery. and found most of them using AI-Manager.