Sign in to follow this  
Kaiii3

AIG AI Manager

5 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

I’ve noticed whilst updating I have AIGAIM AIRPORTS 

what is that?

thanks 

mike

Airports installed by OCI, currently needed for Heliports that have not been part of the default airports. Its a new part of OCI sind 1.0. For now it will only install updated airports for default airports (airports the user has no addons installed) and airports not part of the Sim.

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

1 minute ago, Kaiii3 said:

Airports installed by OCI, currently needed for Heliports that have not been part of the default airports. Its a new part of OCI sind 1.0. For now it will only install updated airports for default airports (airports the user has no addons installed) and airports not part of the Sim.

Oh.. I see.

ok ,thank you!

mike

time to get this topic back to some life xD

Over the last days/weeks the amount of support questions regarding missing AI traffic in the Sim have increased and I would like to take the time to add some more information to users that are not so often over at the AIG Forum.

AIG has developed a new flightplanformat (called AIGFP) during this year that allows far more advanced AI operations then the default BGL format. AIGFP files can not be loaded by the Simulator and need to be injected by AIG Traffic Controller using SimConnect.

Since AI Manager 1.0 the new format is supported by OCI and is enablaed by default in AIM, so all new flightplans and updates will be installed as AIGFP, if a user does not want this disable the option uder Settings->Flightplans. But if you want to use AIGFP make sure you have AIGTC installed so the traffic will be visiable in the Sim 😉

I hope this will help some users that think that OCI is broken because they do not see any traffic.

Important: If you decide against AIGFP and want to stick to BGL, there are some flightplans you can not install as BGL because these kind of operations are impossible with BGL based AI traffic.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

time to get this topic back to some life xD

Over the last days/weeks the amount of support questions regarding missing AI traffic in the Sim have increased and I would like to take the time to add some more information to users that are not so often over at the AIG Forum.

AIG has developed a new flightplanformat (called AIGFP) during this year that allows far more advanced AI operations then the default BGL format. AIGFP files can not be loaded by the Simulator and need to be injected by AIG Traffic Controller using SimConnect.

Since AI Manager 1.0 the new format is supported by OCI and is enablaed by default in AIM, so all new flightplans and updates will be installed as AIGFP, if a user does not want this disable the option uder Settings->Flightplans. But if you want to use AIGFP make sure you have AIGTC installed so the traffic will be visiable in the Sim 😉

I hope this will help some users that think that OCI is broken because they do not see any traffic.

Important: If you decide against AIGFP and want to stick to BGL, there are some flightplans you can not install as BGL because these kind of operations are impossible with BGL based AI traffic.

Thanks for clarifying Kaiii3!

I have 2 important questions:

1. Do I understand it correctly that I must have AIGTC running if I want traffic "injected" before AND beside P3D for the duration of my flight (if I want the benefits as stated from you above)?  
  2. Can AIGTC be the cause of CTD or other side effects for my FlightSim during flight (faulty injections, hung, stutters)?

Because I had never a single CTD with AIGAIM! All the simobject-files and BGL´s are created prior the flight.

I just fire up my necessary apps and I am good to o.

My goals is, to have as less as possible APPs running with P3D to avoid any unnecessary processes/tasks and therefor possibilities of conflicts and CTD.

At the moment I can have traffic without running any traffic apps (like AIGTC or UTLIve etc.). I did found your AIGAIM have this USP.

I just run:

• P3D
  • FFTS
  • ASP3D
  • WMR/SteamVR

Thats it. 

I just don´t like it to fire up "lot´s" of apps to use P3D. 😉

Maybe you are possible to convince me to use AIGTC and bring some light in my darkness. 😉

Thanks Kaiii3.

Marcus

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

SimConnect is sadly always a possible cause of CTDs in the Sim. So far we had no reports of CTDs of the Sim itself, only that AIGTC has CTDed, but many of them have been solved over the last weeks.

AIGTC has an autostart option, it will start automatically with the Sim, but you need to run it as long as the sim is on. As soon as AIGTC is closed all injected traffic is removed from the Sim.

As said you can stay with BGL based traffic, but you will not get the full potential of AI in the future. Helicopter AI is not possible with BGL, as well as Route based AI traffic. So far we mainly use this feature for VFR Traffic, but we are working one real world Airway-Usage for the commercial AI Traffic. All this will only be possible when using AIGTC.

• Upvote 1

I use UTL2beta for traffic.   Which I’m ok with as I have pretty simple air traffic needs.   Sadly UTL2beta is missing the one thin I want... cargo (fedex, ups).  Can I try this new AIGTC along side my UTL2beta just for my cargo fix?

And who knows ... if I like it... may switch over to it fully.

(It’s acronym soup up in here too 🤪)

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

sure, just make sure you only install Airlines with AIGAIM (OCI) that are not part of UTL2 or you have them duplicated. If you have more questions I am sure here are many users that can help you to move from UTL2 to AIG. My knolage is more or less 0 when it comes to payware AI packs xD

I'm about to transfer to P3D V5.1, so I will have to completely deinstall P3D V5.0. How do I go about this best with regard to AIG AIM? As far as I'm concerned, all the data is in a separate location (i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\AIGAIM - OCI), so I will basically have to re-add it to P3D. Does AIG AIM do this automatically or do I have to take any steps before/after deinstalling/installing P3D? Thanks!!

Edited by thepilot

I would suggest:

1) Make a backup

2) Perform your P3D upgrade

3) Start AIM

3.1) If all is there you are good to go without any further actions 😉

3.2) If OCI is not detected report over at the AIG Forum

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, thepilot said:

I'm about to transfer to P3D V5.1, so I will have to completely deinstall P3D V5.0. How do I go about this best with regard to AIG AIM? As far as I'm concerned, all the data is in a separate location (i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\AIGAIM - OCI), so I will basically have to re-add it to P3D. Does AIG AIM do this automatically or do I have to take any steps before/after deinstalling/installing P3D? Thanks!!

Keep in mind that when you "completely" uninstall P3D during a version upgrade, you're not *really* completely uninstalling it--your config files are left in place and intact unless you go the extra step and run through the "delete generated files" process.  So AIM should still be there after the v5.1 reinstall.

• Upvote 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Thanks a lot for the quick replies!

First time I'm actually installing a new version of P3D, I hope it will go well.

Hey Guys,

AIGTech is going on XMAS holidays and will return back early next year. In case of problems with AIM/AIGTC please checkout the sticky posts over at the AIGTech Boards at the AIGForum. In case you need some info here, please tag me in you message so I can find them after I am back 😉

Kai

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year sir!!!tenor.gif?itemid=10657915

• Like 1

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

2 hours ago, Kaiii3 said:

Hey Guys,

AIGTech is going on XMAS holidays and will return back early next year. In case of problems with AIM/AIGTC please checkout the sticky posts over at the AIGTech Boards at the AIGForum. In case you need some info here, please tag me in you message so I can find them after I am back 😉

Kai

Merry XMas and have some very nice and healthy days. Thanks for all your support and nice good working quality add-ons. 

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png