Sign in to follow this  
Kaiii3

AIG AI Manager

31 minutes ago, psolk said:

Pete, do happen to know if you have to delete the .BGL file before the AIGFP will show available?  I've enabled everything, made my pointers to the directories but in AIM under online updates I see nothing and all my traffic files show .BGL.  When I search Available Online I only see GA, Government and very few AIGFP airline plans.  Do I need to delete or move .bgl's first?  

-Thank you

what are your "update settings" for AIM? Depending on the oldest season you have enabled you might not see all airlines

• Like 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

43 minutes ago, psolk said:

Pete, do happen to know if you have to delete the .BGL file before the AIGFP will show available?  I've enabled everything, made my pointers to the directories but in AIM under online updates I see nothing and all my traffic files show .BGL.  When I search Available Online I only see GA, Government and very few AIGFP airline plans.  Do I need to delete or move .bgl's first?

I've not done anything with BGLs. I assumed that if I updated to an AIGFP version then AIM would do the business.

However, re-checking, I think I must have looked at the wrong column in AIM -- the OCI column instead of the AIGFP column. At least, that's looking at it on my Dev PC. My cockpit is powered off at present else I'd re-check there.

If those airlines are not AIGFP then I don't understand why, when I run AITC, I get huge amounts more traffic than if I don't run it. Not only that but it all seems to start (inject?) AI much more frequently, so much so that my traffic limiter has a job keeping up. I've made its Frame Rate targetting act faster than it use to.

Pete

Edited by Pete Dowson

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

6 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

there is 😉 but it is not that easy:

1) Find the Flightplan ZIP for the flightplan you want (must be OCI ready)

2) Install the flightplan from the local ZIP

3) Ignore the defunct info^^

In your case download: http://www.alpha-india.net/aigfiles/files/Flightplans/Summer_2018/AIG_Flybe_Summer_2018v2.zip

Hi @Kaiii3,

That was remarkably easy, thank you. I now have all the Flybe aircraft and routes back in my sim.

Are those ZIPs available to view and select?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just now, Ray Proudfoot said:

Hi @Kaiii3,

That was remarkably easy, thank you. I now have all the Flybe aircraft and routes back in my sim.

not in AIM, since we aim to keep that to an easy use^^

But you can find all flightplans released by AIG here: http://www.alpha-india.net/aigfiles/files/Flightplans/

Since Summer 2018 all are OCI ready 😉

• Like 1

@Kaiii3, a library of zips is just fine, thank you. Emergency fallback should I ever remove an airline and decide I want it back.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

34 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

what are your "update settings" for AIM? Depending on the oldest season you have enabled you might not see all airlines

Oldest is Summer 2018   All I see are .bgl traffic files, very few Airline that are AIGFP definitely not the ones Pete referenced above, I see those as .bgl as well.  

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

thanks for posting this @Kaiii3

I went back looking at the oldest zips but didn't see any AirTran ones.  bummer

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

20 minutes ago, psolk said:

Oldest is Summer 2018   All I see are .bgl traffic files, very few Airline that are AIGFP definitely not the ones Pete referenced above, I see those as .bgl as well.  

AIGFP enabled in the flightplans settings of AIM? If yes, just remove the airlines (keep fltsims when asked), rescan online flightplans and install it again. This time it should come as AIGFP

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Hi @Kaiii3,

Glad to see that you have Flybe back in your virtual skies, Ray. I was going to say that I returned the Flybe Q400s to my P3Dv4 airspace before Christmas (after having initially deleted Flybe from my AI database). I only have the purple repaints installed, as they are more striking!

Whilst the Covid pandemic has been a negative experience for so many people in so many ways, it is ironic that it has actually made life easier for me as far as AI planes are concerned. No more worrying about keeping up to date with the latest changes. My AI database is "pre-Covid", and it will be staying that way for a long time to come :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

@Kaiii3, when using AIG TC to inject the traffic there doesn't seem to be any way of interrogating the aigfp files to ascertain the departure airport, time and aircraft used. It would he helpful to see the aircraft move away from the gate at the appointed time.

I use Ai_Companion for BGL Ai but is there an equivalent utility to monitor AIGFP traffic?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

39 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

AIGFP enabled in the flightplans settings of AIM? If yes, just remove the airlines (keep fltsims when asked), rescan online flightplans and install it again. This time it should come as AIGFP

AIGFP is enabled, AIGTC directory pointed to in AIM (can you run AIGTC so I can see the map on a networked machine BTW) 

So I will need to remove the airline then the AIGFP file should be available if I am reading this right.  It would be much easier if they showed up as available online under updates so we knew what had been updated, not sure if that has been considered  

Update:  Yes, if I go in and delete the Airline but keep fltsims then rescan the Airline shows back up.  Interestingly under AIGFP "before" you install the file it says FALSE   But when I reinstalled the Airline anyway it now shows AIGFP.  So I guess I need to go in and delete all airlines to force them to AIGFP.  

Edited by psolk

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

@Christopher Low,

Yes, that was a bad move on my part and I hadn’t appreciated how many slots they have at Manchester. It will make my flights down to Jersey better too as they are a major airline there.

I used to be fastidious about removing defunct airlines but that was before the pandemic and seeing all those empty gates was depressing. Next to be brought back is Thomas Cook but the only zip is for Scandinavian_ThomasCook so I expect it’s that one.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thomas Cook and Monarch have departed my virtual skies for good, but I do have one or two A321s from another airline that still have the "yellow and purple" Monarch colour scheme. There is also the front of that DC10 in the Manchester Airport viewing park. I always tip my hat to that one (and Concorde) when taxiing in :wink:

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, psolk said:

AIGFP is enabled, AIGTC directory pointed to in AIM (can you run AIGTC so I can see the map on a networked machine BTW) 

So I will need to remove the airline then the AIGFP file should be available if I am reading this right.  It would be much easier if they showed up as available online under updates so we knew what had been updated, not sure if that has been considered  

Update:  Yes, if I go in and delete the Airline but keep fltsims then rescan the Airline shows back up.  Interestingly under AIGFP "before" you install the file it says FALSE   But when I reinstalled the Airline anyway it now shows AIGFP.  So I guess I need to go in and delete all airlines to force them to AIGFP.  

OK, so going through this airline by airline but how do I know what airlines actually have AIGFP's?  I have deleted a few that updated with AIGFP (United, BA, EasyJet, American, Delta) but then deleted a few (Emirates, El Al and others) that come back as BGL.  So how do we know what to update?

Thank you!

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

17 hours ago, psolk said:

OK, so going through this airline by airline but how do I know what airlines actually have AIGFP's?  I have deleted a few that updated with AIGFP (United, BA, EasyJet, American, Delta) but then deleted a few (Emirates, El Al and others) that come back as BGL.  So how do we know what to update?

Good question!

@Kaiii3 can this be indicated in the "updates" list? They are really updates after all, even if on the same schedules as the existing file.

Pete

• Like 1

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen