Recommended Posts

On 5/6/2019 at 4:31 PM, Kaiii3 said:

If you can provide me some screenshots of the UI problems over in the AIG Forum, I will see if we can change the UI

Done. Not a priority, since you can kinda figure out and im sure you have more pressing bugs, but appreciate it when the time comes. 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

6 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

What is your traffic %? I did have a problem at KSFO but I selected my gate when below 10,000ft and although there was an aircraft parked at my gate I just used FSUIPC Traffic Zapper to remove it.

It is 100%, and I have all of AIG's traffic packages installed as well as another 60 or so of my own making (though those tend not to cover the US). I get a gate assignment from default ATC after landing. I will say that the one time I flew into KSFO as UAL, ATC directed me to the international terminal... after a flight from KRNO! That said, that wa sbefore I had fixed all of PMDG's liveries to include the parking code. After that, ATC almost always directs me to a UAL gate. So I haven't had any issues at either KLAX, KLAS, KDEN or KPHX since I fixed those codes. Can't remember any further back than that though...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Looks good so far.  I do keep getting some messages to download some files.  I thought I would have all the AI planes when I went to asleep, found out it was hung with the prompt in the morning asking to download some plane file. 

What is the best way to get zero prompts.  I just want to click and go away and then come back - to see all AI set.

Really good freeware, looks like I will not be using UTL at all. What a waste of money now.

Excellent game changer

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

What is the best way to get zero prompts.  I just want to click and go away and then come back - to see all AI set.

Really good freeware, looks like I will not be using UTL at all. What a waste of money now.

No way to avoid the prompts to save a file from an external source I’m afraid. There aren’t too many, perhaps 20-30 or so out of the few hundred aircraft.

The aircraft are all optimised for 64-bit P3D which might explain why, even with 600+ Ai counted at and above KSFO, I was still getting fps in the 20s when taxiing in.

Im still using UTL but only for GA with the slider set at 100% for those and 0% for Commercial flights.

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

Looks good so far.  I do keep getting some messages to download some files.  I thought I would have all the AI planes when I went to asleep, found out it was hung with the prompt in the morning asking to download some plane file. 

What is the best way to get zero prompts.  I just want to click and go away and then come back - to see all AI set.

Really good freeware, looks like I will not be using UTL at all. What a waste of money now.

Excellent game changer

Some repaints are not uploaded to AVSIM, Flightsim or the "normal" websites. When someone is using a hoster that is not working with "direct urls" we can not download the file using the tool. We try to avoid this but sometimes we need to use this repaints

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

No way to avoid the prompts to save a file from an external source I’m afraid. There aren’t too many, perhaps 20-30 or so out of the few hundred aircraft.

 The aircraft are all optimised for 64-bit P3D which might explain why, even with 600+ Ai counted at and above KSFO, I was still getting fps in the 20s when taxiing in.

Im still using UTL but only for GA with the slider set at 100% for those and 0% for Commercial flights.

I may try that approach also to get GA birds.

 

Share this post


Link to post

If, for whatever reason, FPS became an issue with the amount of traffic that people say is injected: how do you manage the traffic volume with this program? Is it done with the P3D internal traffic slider? I may give this a shot tomorrow to add some cargo airlines.

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, Bigt said:

If, for whatever reason, FPS became an issue with the amount of traffic that people say is injected: how do you manage the traffic volume with this program? Is it done with the P3D internal traffic slider? I may give this a shot tomorrow to add some cargo airlines.

Yes, use the slider. But the models have been optimised for 64-bit and I still got fps in the 20s with it set at 100% and a staggering 600+ Ai in and within a 40nm radius of KSFO. You might be pleasantly surprised providing your cargo aircraft are of the same quality.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, Bigt said:

Is it done with the P3D internal traffic slider?

Yes, you can also randomise the levels via AIGM or you can use FSUIPC traffic limiter functions.

Regards 

Simbol 

Share this post


Link to post

To use the traffic slider you have to set AIM to use the full range of it. All AIG Fps are comming by default with 1%, AIM is also set to 15 default. YOu need to set Min to 1% and a Max to 99% in AIM and then all new FPs will get compiled in this range.

Share this post


Link to post

Just for your information, we have updated the Database for the new CS Series from FSPX, but have not set it to PBR yet, we will need to run some tests before that.

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/8/2019 at 3:44 PM, Kaiii3 said:

AIM is also set to 15 default.

That's supposed to read 1% not 15.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

That's supposed to read 1% not 15.

yeah, I tried to edit my post but it seems I can't do that....

Share this post


Link to post

Question: what about advanced air files like Jan's FDE for the AI? Are they included?

Share this post


Link to post

not yet, we will add these and others at a later point

Share this post


Link to post

Having spent a couple of days installing all the available airlines and their associated aircraft and flight plans my P3D experience has been greatly enhanced with this package.

But until today there was no way of seeing any departure or arrival board for the flights. That has now been solved by installing Ai Companion - a freeware utility similar in operation to SuperTrafficBoard for those who have used that.

One of its coolest features is right-clicking on an entry in Ai Companion and then choosing to view that aircraft. It works whether the aircraft is asleep at a gate, taxiing out or in, taking off, enroute or landing. It's a great way of getting a close up view of the superb quality aircraft in this package.

I can't recommend it highly enough. You can get Ai Companion here and it works either on the P3D PC itself or on a network computer providing Simconnect is correctly configured. WideFS is also required.

https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=29651.0

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for this Ray.  I was having some drop in fps (UTL was better for fps) but with AI companion I can use the traffic limiter and bring my fps back to very usable.  AIG has been a awesome and I love the all the different aircraft and liveries.  Try it as you have nothing to lose and can easily go between this and UTL (if you have it).

Darcy

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Darcy said:

I was having some drop in fps (UTL was better for fps) but with AI companion I can use the traffic limiter and bring my fps back to very usable.

Just to clarify this point, the difference in FPS is only because UTL is injecting A LOT less aircraft into your sim.

Edited by Dave_YVR

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Having spent a couple of days installing all the available airlines and their associated aircraft and flight plans my P3D experience has been greatly enhanced with this package.

But until today there was no way of seeing any departure or arrival board for the flights. That has now been solved by installing Ai Companion - a freeware utility similar in operation to

AIM has this for V4 as well 😉 Has been implemented in 0.9. There are two options:

1) Use AIM to select and Airport and you get the Flights for the current day

2) Use the Live-Data Tab in AIM while you are running Prepar3D and a new Window ill open, where you can select your Airport and you will get a "live" Timetable

 

AIM_Preview_20190401_1.jpg

AIM_Preview_20190401_2.jpg

Right now AIM only displays the AC. In on of the next updates Camara support will be added.

we have been in contact with the developer of AIC and he it is likly he will drop later the support of AIC when we have implemented all the features to AIM: https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=29651.msg300093#msg300093

Edited by Kaiii3

Share this post


Link to post

@Kaiii3, I was aware of that program but as it only runs on the same PC as P3D it wasn't very appealing. I much prefer being able to run these programs via WideFS keeping the P3D computer free.

It's sad to read AIC appears to have a short life. Surely there's a place for both products?

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Darcy said:

Thanks for this Ray.  I was having some drop in fps (UTL was better for fps) but with AI companion I can use the traffic limiter and bring my fps back to very usable.  AIG has been a awesome and I love the all the different aircraft and liveries.  Try it as you have nothing to lose and can easily go between this and UTL (if you have it).

Darcy

Darcy, I'm confused by your post. You suggest I should try it but wasn't it obvious from my earlier post that I have installed AIG?

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@Kaiii3, I was aware of that program but as it only runs on the same PC as P3D it wasn't very appealing. I much prefer being able to run these programs via WideFS keeping the P3D computer free.

It's sad to read AIC appears to have a short life. Surely there's a place for both products?

The build in AIM directly is for us during the Beta just to see if the concept is working. If everything is running without problems I will add it to our new tool that will run via SimConnect on any PC - more infos might follow soon 🙂 The big problem will be to transfer the "local Flightplan Data (BGL etc) to the network PC to display them, but I am sure I will find a solution^^

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

@Kaiii3, I understand the need for AIC. Hopefully you and koala can combine your expertise to produce something even better.

The reading of the BGLs across a network does take time but when you're preparing a flight there are plenty of other things to be doing so it's not a big issue.

Together you will be stronger! 👍:smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

rading is not the problem, getting access is a bit more complicated. Since when we publish such a Tool I want to make sure even a newbie to Windows is able to make the folder accessable via Network. 🙂 But right now I focus on getting V0.9 stable on every system some users are having problems that no other has reported so far..... And then the developing of a complete new Tool and Flightplan Format will start.

Chris and I are having so many ideas for our Tools - but the time is the limiting factor.... and since all AIG Software will be published as freeware we have to manage the time we have very efficient.

I will talk to "Koala" we it is the time for the new tool 🙂

Edited by Kaiii3

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

I am very happy with AIG-OCI and I am close to abandon UTL. But there are still some important airlines which are not yet accessible with OCI. Any chance that Korean, Virgin Australia and Tiger Airlines will become available in near future?. Thanks for all! AIG is a great gift to our community.

Edited by Nemo

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now