Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Kaiii3

AIG AI Manager

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Dave_YVR said:

Absolutely! Within OCI, you set it to randomize the traffic between 1-99 %. Then you can use your traffic slider in the sim to adjust as required.

I checked my settings and they are 10 and 100. The odd thing is I’m unable to change them. Anyone else have that problem?


Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v4.5, Intel i7-8086K o/c to 4.6Ghz, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, Asus Prime Z370-A mobo, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 3000Mhz RAM, Win 10 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Share this post


Link to post

Kai - question for you. I had previously randomized all of the flight plans using AIFP. After you stated that we could do it in AIM, I tried it. I input the activity level ranges and clicked Save & Close but I didn't see anything happen. Is it supposed to recompile the plans at that point? The timestamps on the flight plan files seem to be from the last time that I used AIFP to randomize the traffic.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I checked my settings and they are 10 and 100. The odd thing is I’m unable to change them. Anyone else have that problem?

in the settings?

 

@MDFlier

only new BGLs are affected by this change


AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

in the settings?

 

@MDFlier

only new BGLs are affected by this change

Yes, the values cannot be changed. are you able to replicate this? I haven’t changed anything since installing all airlines earlier this week.

It’s not a complaint. I’m very happy with AIG. Just curious why the values cannot be changed.


Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v4.5, Intel i7-8086K o/c to 4.6Ghz, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, Asus Prime Z370-A mobo, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 3000Mhz RAM, Win 10 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Share this post


Link to post

thats a good question. I will try to verify it on my end - problem is that I'm currently on a business trip and don't have access to all parts of the tool. But I will see what I can do. Can you check if you have something in your logs or in the Windows log?

Maybe someone else can test it on their system as well 🙂


AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

Just to clarify this point, the difference in FPS is only because UTL is injecting A LOT less aircraft into your sim.

Dave,

This also depends on how many paints are assigned to UTL. I have a huge amount of additional liveries which leaves very few , if any , free parking spots in medium and large airports - to an extent actually, that I need to limit the amount of AI in such places.

At this point, I wonder if adding on top of that won't be a case of diminishing returns. Add to that, the fact that my previous attempt at AIM resulted in the latter wrecking havoc in sims aircraft.cfg files so I'm a bit reluctant at this point.

what I'm trying to ask is, do you think that adding AIM packages on top of a "full" UTL won't be a bit of an overkill?

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, ha5mvo said:

This also depends on how many paints are assigned to UTL. I have a huge amount of additional liveries which leaves very few , if any , free parking spots in medium and large airports - to an extent actually, that I need to limit the amount of AI in such places.

 100%, but I had reassigned almost ALL of the missing repaints in UTL and it's still not the same amount or variation in liveries and types etc. It's also a very very small percentage of users who are going to go to those lengths to reassign the missing aircraft. 

 AIM will not touch your user added AI aircraft.cfg's, it installs everything into its own folder. As for overkill? No, I wouldn't say so at all. If anything, as you add airlines with AIM you simply disable those airlines in UTL. 

  • Like 1

i7-8700K, 16gb DDR4 3200,  GTX1080Ti, Win 10, P3d V5x

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Kaiii3 said:

thats a good question. I will try to verify it on my end - problem is that I'm currently on a business trip and don't have access to all parts of the tool. But I will see what I can do. Can you check if you have something in your logs or in the Windows log?

Maybe someone else can test it on their system as well 🙂

I have found how to alter those values. Bit of a strange system. Using the 0-9 keys above the QWERTY row won't work. I have to use the NumPad keys and even then have to delete the existing values before I can enter new ones. 1 and 99 now entered and saved.


Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v4.5, Intel i7-8086K o/c to 4.6Ghz, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, Asus Prime Z370-A mobo, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 3000Mhz RAM, Win 10 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Share this post


Link to post

thanks good to know. We had to make sure that only int values below 100 are possible. so it might be related to that...


AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

thanks good to know. We had to make sure that only int values below 100 are possible. so it might be related to that...

Agreed but bear in mind not all keyboards may have a separate Numpad section.


Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v4.5, Intel i7-8086K o/c to 4.6Ghz, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, Asus Prime Z370-A mobo, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 3000Mhz RAM, Win 10 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

Absolutely! Within OCI, you set it to randomize the traffic between 1-99 %. Then you can use your traffic slider in the sim to adjust as required.

I know this may seem like a silly question but I’m still struggling with the idea of randomizing the traffic AND setting the P3D slider. How do the two things relate in terms of what you see at an airport or more importantly within the AI bubble radius of your aircraft?

Thanks in advance

Joe


I9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 3840x2160 res @30 hz  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, Oculus Rift-S VR 

Share this post


Link to post

No effect on the size of the reality bubble, it's as big as it always is for BGL based traffic.

The flight plans all specify what is the minimum value of P3D traffic slider required in order for that flight to be made into a simulator AI object at the appropriate time and place.  I use both all the time, and randomize over again every once in a while just to see a different set (although still real world accurate) of AI flights for a given slider value.

Simon

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

I'm going to slide in a quick AIFP question while we are discussing randomizing traffic.

From the AIFP manual:

Updating Activity Levels – Activity levels in traffic files may be adjusted in a variety of ways.  Select the Bulk Traffic / Update Activity Levels in Traffic Files, select the traffic files of interest and enter the update boundaries as “n1-n2”.  Activity levels will  be adjusted to random numbers within the specified range.  If the two values are equal, then, of course, all activity levels will be adjusted to the entered value. You may limit the activity levels that are adjusted by prefacing the entry with “<” or “>”, which will leave those existing levels less than n1 or greater than n2, respectively, to remain unchanged.

Has anyone been able to successfully use the "<" and/or ">" when doing so? Every time I try to use them, AIFP tells me it's not a valid entry.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, MDFlier said:

I'm going to slide in a quick AIFP question while we are discussing randomizing traffic.

From the AIFP manual:

Updating Activity Levels – Activity levels in traffic files may be adjusted in a variety of ways.  Select the Bulk Traffic / Update Activity Levels in Traffic Files, select the traffic files of interest and enter the update boundaries as “n1-n2”.  Activity levels will  be adjusted to random numbers within the specified range.  If the two values are equal, then, of course, all activity levels will be adjusted to the entered value. You may limit the activity levels that are adjusted by prefacing the entry with “<” or “>”, which will leave those existing levels less than n1 or greater than n2, respectively, to remain unchanged.

Has anyone been able to successfully use the "<" and/or ">" when doing so? Every time I try to use them, AIFP tells me it's not a valid entry.

I suggest only to adjust/randomize larger airlines leaving smaller at the 1% level. Good for diversity and good for performance.


- Harry J.

i7-7820X (@4.8 GHz), 32GB RAM (@3467) 2080Ti (3440x1440), SSD 500GB, (Win10x64),  SSDs 1+2 TB (P3Dv5.x + ORBX). FSGlobalNG (mesh), ORBX (Global+OLC, all FTX Regions, all TE products, many Airports), DDscenery (NY, CH, MIA), Airports (FT, FB, FSDT, AS); PMDG (737, 747, 777), MJC DQ400, RA Piston Duke, A2A C172. Weather ASP5. F1 GTN complete. AI Traffic: AIG OCI

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

FYI: A user over at the AIG Forum reported that sometimes not all Airports are listed in the Live Timetable. I am aware of that problem but I am nut sure if this is caused by AIM or the SimConnect interface that provides the Airports. A workaround is to select the airport on the Map of V4 and then try again. I will investigate this error in the next weeks to identify the source.


AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    28%
    $7,080.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...