Sign in to follow this  
fppilot

Help converting freeware FSX airport to P3D

I created a freeware airport for FSX, KBMG - Bloomington, Indiana, USA.  It is in the Library here on Avsim.  I understand it only partially shows in P3D.  I am not a P3D user.  I am seeking help from a member here who has both simulators and has experience with ADE.  What I would like is for someone to recompile the airport for P3D and see how it comes out.  If it is acceptable after compiling for P3D I would like to provide it to P3D users.

Is anyone willing to help me with this?

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Did you get this fixed already ?  I just had a quick look and it appears the taxiways and the hangars are missing in p3d.  The hangars were easy to fix although I don't know if I need the authors permission..  for the taxiways i'd probably need your original pre-compiled airport file to fix that up if it still needs doing.

Thank you for contacting me.  I have not had this fixed.  I am the author.  Can I get back to you after the weekend?  I just need some time to figure out where I stored the pre-compiled work.  And I had several versions as I progressed through the project.

Frank P
fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

All good, I think I have it fixed.  The only thing I don't seem to be able to fix is the military file, so the buildings from that aren't showing and I can't work out how to fix that.

From what I can see the airport and the ga_hangers are all showing.

I'm not sure if I can link to the files here but i'll try.  The filenames will need changing back to their originals names or something too or at least making sure the original files are moved so fsx doesn't try and load both these and the original  copies.

Screenshots, p3d v4 [

https://ibb.co/KWqQPwR

https://ibb.co/gmSL3v4

]

files [

https://ufile.io/xo79zbgu

https://ufile.io/dj7zv1ej

]

That looks like a great improvement.  Which version of P3D is that?  I am not yet a P3D user.  Appears when I get there I will need to find suitable replacement buildings unless I find that someone has updated or converted the military libraries.

Thank you so much for working on this.  Did you make that progress in ADE?  What process did you use?

Frank P

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Did some searching around this morning and found the following at the MAIW site.  Based on a look through the thumbnails it appears most of the missing Military buildings are in the file and reported to be compatible with P3D.

Thumbnails:
https://militaryaiworks.com/download-hangar/file-library/download/6-official-maiw-scenery-libraries/806-maiw-global-scenery-library-object-thumbnails-fs9-fsx-p3d

Files:
https://militaryaiworks.com/download-hangar/file-library/download/6-official-maiw-scenery-libraries/786-maiw-global-scenery-library-objects-fsx

Frank Patton
ASUS 

I found objects reportedly updated for P3D in the following library in the MAIW download

MAIW_ABO_FSX.BGL
MAIW_ABO_FSX.XML
MAIW_ABO_FSX.TXT

There is one somewhat small distinctive building along the flightline shown as:
Military Airbase Objects JS.BGL 147

and in the MAIW_ABO_BGL file above it is:
{806cd8a0-4200-a143-4c6b-2fa75282fa58} MAIW_ABO146

but appears is numbered 146.

Could you try inserting that one building in place of JS.BGL 147 and see if it shows in P3D? That could indicate success in finding P3D compatibility.  It is the building that sits by itself on the flightline with the cars parked around it.  I can send you the  (3) MAIW_ABO_FSX files listed if that helps.  Would just need an email address.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Are you still around?  I have modified the KBMG scenery to comply with an updated MIAW Military Objects Building Library.  Another user with P3D v4.5 now sees the Military Building Objects that were missing when you tried, but for some reason he is missing the building objects from the GA Hangers Library that you did see. Interesting.  i.e. just the opposite of what you found.  I can send a link to the newer MIAW military objects library and an updated scenery zip file.  Are you using P3D 4.5?

Frank P

Frank Patton
ASUS