Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

4.5 CTD's

I would need client and content both.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

1 hour ago, Drumcode said:

I would need client and content both.

I'm uploading them to my dropbox account . Not sure if the cont1.cab and cont2.cab files are also needed. If so they're probably too large for my free account.

I'll PM you when they're available.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ok, beginning to narrow it down (possibly) I uninstalled everything, core programme and all add ons, deleted all remaining folders and files and cleaned the registry. Redownloaded P3d and installed. Did a couple of flights, no problems. Downloaded Aerosoft 318/19 bundle and installed. Did 3 three hour flights, no problem. So far so good. Downloaded and installed fsuipc and makerws (had been getting regular crashes with fsuipc showing as the faulting module) another couple of 3 hour flights, still no problem. Installed and used Radar Contact, all good. Tonight installed AIM OCI and.... crash about 40 mins in. So just about to disable AIM and see what happens.

Ray, I believe you have gone over to AIM? It’s interesting because there is no mention of any crashes on the AIG forum.

I think more testing required at my end, I’d be disappointed to have to either fly with no AI or have to re-install UT Live. 

The other thing I need to try as a long shot is disable AI interaction in Radar Contact.

Hope someone finds this helpful, I’ll keep testing anyway

Regards

G

Sorry Ray, just realised hadn’t answered your question, infrequent crashes before 4.5, almost constant now...

Edited by Gandalf
Additional info
  • Like 1

@Gandalf, yes, running AIG Ai if that's what you mean. No restrictions put on how many Ai. So over 300 at EGLL with 200 on ground and 100 airborne. But that takes in all London airports, not just Heathrow. I've disabled the UTL add-on today. Not uninstalled - yet.

I'll have to check if I have Ai Interaction on in RC4. Tomorrow now. So just to confirm you're on 4.5 still?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Yes, running 4.5. The reason I mentioned Radar Contact was that I was/am getting fsuipc showing as the faulting module and RC is the only add on I have that uses fsuipc and wondered if there was a rogue AI somewhere. 

I’m probably clutching at straws... 

Regards

G

That's a red herring I'm sure. If FSUIPC was genuinely the issue the board would be swamped. A rogue Ai? Ouch! That could be tricky to find.

All you can do is run the same test at the same sim time. I have a saved scenario lined up on 27R at EGLL that I'm using. Good luck!

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

As I am very limited on time related to flight simulation, I am reverting back (thank you Ray!) and will report back whether 4.4 is problematic still. It may take me a few days to report back. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

8 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

As I am very limited on time related to flight simulation, I am reverting back (thank you Ray!) and will report back whether 4.4 is problematic still. It may take me a few days to report back. 

Good luck, hope it works! And sorry to hijack your thread 😊

So it seems a DLL is faulting, FSUIPC, but only after the inclusion of an AI package. Remember I said often the cause of CTD is due to an attached module. Even though a dll is at fault it may not be the fault of that dll itself, it could be something it reports on or uses. Perhaps an AI aircraft that FSUIPC is culling or that culling is not reliable in some other way with that AI package. Since no CTD was seen with RC4 with FSUIPC then possibly that part of the system is sound.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

AI traffic can be selecting a set of paints different in other areas and less frequent flights in certain locations or times of day so a particular model causing an issue might not come up all the time. One idea to check out a suspicious model is to try halving the ai models to see if the problem goes away with one or other half in use.

• Upvote 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

3 minutes ago, SteveW said:

AI traffic can be selecting a set of paints different in other areas and less frequent flights in certain locations or times of day so a particular model causing an issue might not come up all the time. One idea to check out a suspicious model is to try halving the ai models to see if the problem goes away with one or other half in use.

Now that’s a good idea, well, better than mine which was removing all AI then adding it in one at a time 🙂 a job I’m not looking forward to!

Haven’t totally nailed it to AIM OCI but I’m having strong suspicions. The one thing that makes me doubt is that there’s no reports of anything similar on the AIG boards and I can’t be the only one using AIM with Radar Contact.

Anyway, I’ll keep testing and see what turns up...

Regards

G

19 minutes ago, Gandalf said:

Now that’s a good idea, well, better than mine which was removing all AI then adding it in one at a time 🙂 a job I’m not looking forward to!

Haven’t totally nailed it to AIM OCI but I’m having strong suspicions. The one thing that makes me doubt is that there’s no reports of anything similar on the AIG boards and I can’t be the only one using AIM with Radar Contact.

Anyway, I’ll keep testing and see what turns up...

Regards

G

That’s the benefit of so many Ai BGLs. Do a binary chop and take it from there. I flew from EGLL this morning without RC4 running and P3D still crashed so you can forget that.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Gandalf said:

Good luck, hope it works! And sorry to hijack your thread 😊

No need to be sorry, precisely the opposite, keep the discussion going. 

Jacek G.

8 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

That’s the benefit of so many Ai BGLs. Do a binary chop and take it from there. I flew from EGLL this morning without RC4 running and P3D still crashed so you can forget that.

Ok thanks, that’s good to know. We’re you using AIM OCI for your AI? And if so have you tried without? I flew with both again last night and sure enough crash, this time approximately 1hour in. 

55 minutes ago, Gandalf said:

Ok thanks, that’s good to know. We’re you using AIM OCI for your AI? And if so have you tried without? I flew with both again last night and sure enough crash, this time approximately 1hour in.

Yes, I have the AIG Ai. I haven't tried a flight without it yet. I'll be constructing a series of tests today to try and establish where the problem lies. I will stick to 4.5 and use 100% AIG Ai for the first test at EGLL. If it crashes then repeat with 50% of the BGLs. If it still crashes then substitute those 50% with the other 50% just in case it's a bad BGL.

Incidentally, please state what build of P3D you're using and what the crash type was. MIne are KERNELBASE.dll with 4.5.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather