Sign in to follow this  
adamgd

GNS and GTN combined

I have a single Reality GNS 430 v2 at the moment and I have been thinking about adding the Reality GTN 750 to my FSX. can I use the GTN 750 as COMN/NAV #1 and have the GNS430 set to COMN/NAV #2?

Definitely.. but you need to decide which unit is the "Master" ie steering the autopilot.

The second unit is basically coming along for the ride.. since FSX/P3D only recognizes one operational GPS unit in a panel.

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

How would I designate the master gps and would the second gps interact with the first like if changing the flight plan on the back up would the master get updated?

You can designate the master in the ini file, but the two units do not talk to each other, unfortunately.  :blush:

Bert

On 5/5/2019 at 11:47 PM, adamgd said:

I have a single Reality GNS 430 v2 at the moment and I have been thinking about adding the Reality GTN 750 to my FSX. can I use the GTN 750 as COMN/NAV #1 and have the GNS430 set to COMN/NAV #2?

Couple of items to mention here to expand on Bert's response.  Clearly understand your question was about pairing a GNS 430 with a GTN 750. Here is some additional information.   

If you have the RXP GNS 430v2 then you have more than a single gauge. You actually have two (2) RXP GNS430 gauges.  RXP GNS 430_1 and RXP GNS 430_2.   

The RXP GNS gauges can be set up to crossfeed to each other.  i.e. simultaneously share. 

GTN gauges on the other hand do not crossfeed.  GTN gauges do not crossfeed to each other.  They do not crossfeed with GNS gauges.  

If you add the licensed RXP GTN 750 to your simulator, you will have two (2).  RXP GTN  750_1 and RXP GTN 750_2. 
But again, the GTN gauges do not at this time crossfeed. 

You may use up to (2) two RXP GPS gauges in an aircraft.  Could be (2) GNS 430's; or (2) GNS 530's (if you hold that license).  Or (1) GNS 430 and (1) GNS 530; or (2) GTN 750's; or (2) GTN 650's; or one of each 650 and 750; or any (1) GNS and any (1) GTN.  It is quite flexible.

The settings for Master Device and GNS settings for Crosfeed are accomplished by using the respective Setup Menus, or by editing the respective .ini files.  To enter the Setup Menu you shift right-click on the top edge of the gauge bezel.  That may not work in the Virtual Cockpit for some aircraft models.  In those instances then use the top edge of the gauge's popup window.

Settings do not carry from one aircraft model to another.  Each must be set independently.  However the User Manual describes a drag and drop method that allows you to easily apply one model's settings to another model.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I use a GTN 750 and a GNS 530 in the same panels....Well mine are external as I have controllers for them.

Each can be independent so that you can have a NAV2 that drives your VOR2....

There is also an LVAR that is in the manual that allows you to control which of the units is your "ACTIVE" GPS.  So if you have something like SPAD.NEXT you can control this with a hardware switch.

I am currently working on some Videos to show how this all works and can be used together.

• Like 1

Les O'Reilly