Sign in to follow this  
AnkH

v4.5 hotfix inbound...

6 minutes ago, dbw1 said:

Things happen. Sure looks like they're trying their best to get it right with this hotfix. I too am hot to trot to get a fresh install  happening. 

I've been aog for a week.  I'd tried to force myself to enjoy xp11 but I just can't. 

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

Once again, I am one of the lucky ones - haven't had a single issue with 4.5.

If I were on the beta team I'd have said it was good to go live - AND I would have been correct.

From posts I've read it appears this glitch affects a small but relative number of users - it's great that LM was able to reproduce quickly.

Anyone who has ever released a product through beta testing knows how it goes - you can not cover every system out there. Blaming the team members is pointless and quite rude, IMHO.

Vic

• Like 5

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

39 minutes ago, dbw1 said:

Things happen. Sure looks like they're trying their best to get it right with this hotfix. I too am hot to trot to get a fresh install  happening. 

32 minutes ago, tooting said:

I've been aog for a week.  I'd tried to force myself to enjoy xp11 but I just can't. 

Why are y'all doing clean re-installs for a point release? It's entirely... point...less.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, simbol said:

Hi Stan,

You have the right to ask what you pay for, absolutely.

However my message is directed at those that were attacking the Beta team and basically blaming us for the performance problems with 4.5.

Maybe you are right and it is not the best way to say it and I apologise if it offended you. I guess I wrote in a way that revealed my frustration in regards how people treated each member of the P3D beta cycle with their comments and attacks without fully understanding the process involved.

Regards,

Simbol 

I totally understand.  And I, too, will be very tolerant of all the hard work you guys do.  Keep up the good work.

Stan

1 hour ago, Chapstick said:

Why are y'all doing clean re-installs for a point release? It's entirely... point...less.

New machine, first install...that’s the point. That said I’m wondering if it’s time to start dabbling with xplane while waiting.

4 hours ago, simbol said:

Hi Stan,

You have the right to ask what you pay for, absolutely.

However my message is directed at those that were attacking the Beta team and basically blaming us for the performance problems with 4.5.

Maybe you are right and it is not the best way to say it and I apologise if it offended you. I guess I wrote in a way that revealed my frustration in regards how people treated each member of the P3D beta cycle with their comments and attacks without fully understanding the process involved.

Regards,

Simbol 

Go get'em Simbol.

BTW, can you and your beta team pick up the pace on that professional edition??

Been a long time ya know...

Just kidding. 😂

Cheers,

Mark 

6 hours ago, Farlis said:

Let me clarify for those who don't get the joke

The video was perfect!

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

2 hours ago, Chapstick said:

Because 4 to 6 months is about the time it takes to junk up the sim and flightsim PC with enough program installs, affinity masks, .cfg tweaks, shader hacks, monitor resolutions, xml edits, and more affinity masks that the whole sim feels dirty.  I think once I tweaked so much I had Flightbeam KSFO loading on my iPad. So a clean install and it feels right again then a week of telling myself just fly and enjoy, and then one afternoon I try something and the process repeats until v5. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, vgbaron said:

Once again, I am one of the lucky ones - haven't had a single issue with 4.5.

If I were on the beta team I'd have said it was good to go live - AND I would have been correct.

From posts I've read it appears this glitch affects a small but relative number of users - it's great that LM was able to reproduce quickly.

Anyone who has ever released a product through beta testing knows how it goes - you can not cover every system out there. Blaming the team members is pointless and quite rude, IMHO.

Vic

one of the reasons they had this is because last year (after the FSL debackle) they threw a number of people of the beta team.

Its not like this 4.5 issues is an issolated small issue here liike a tree in a wrong place or an elevation issue in an obscure location , Its quite a signifiequent one. similar to the  bad data causing crashes near Canada for example,.or the issue of the sim crashing when you pull out a USB cable by mistake thats been around since that start. 

My point is if they had not hassilty known people off the beta team last year they would of found the problem before release and not had this issue.

People on here seem to think that LM are  some martyers or heros.  they are not.  They took on fsx for no other reason than to make profi as a miltary contractor.  Sure they done an amazing job buy they are a business and not for love

If they loved the flightsim community so as much they they say they do, they would of helped umberto with the canada problem or fixed the usb issue that i know countless people have for example.  

Thank god im on holiday at the end of the week, you watch the update will drop as i get in the uber to the airport.

Edited by tooting
  • Upvote 2

14ppkc-6.png

29 minutes ago, tooting said:

one of the reasons they had this is because last year (after the FSL debackle) they threw a number of people of the beta team.

Repeating a rumor does not make it true. I also recommend researching correlation vs causation. There is zero reason to logically believe that removing beta testers related to FSLgate has anything to do with this issue.

I am actively involved in another PC game forum and they all have the same grievances over bugs and patch releases.

Edited by TravelRunner404

1 hour ago, tooting said:

Its not like this 4.5 issues is an issolated small issue here liike a tree in a wrong place or an elevation issue in an obscure location , Its quite a signifiequent one. similar to the  bad data causing crashes near Canada for example,.or the issue of the sim crashing when you pull out a USB cable by mistake thats been around since that start. 

My point is if they had not hassilty known people off the beta team last year they would of found the problem before release and not had this issue.

People on here seem to think that LM are  some martyers or heros.  they are not.  They took on fsx for no other reason than to make profi as a miltary contractor.  Sure they done an amazing job buy they are a business and not for love

If they loved the flightsim community so as much they they say they do, they would of helped umberto with the canada problem or fixed the usb issue that i know countless people have for example. 

You're slurring your speech...errrrrr...typing.  Sir, please step away from the computer...now follow the tip of my finger using your eyes only...

There's no reason to believe that any former member of the beta team would have found the issues any better or sooner than the folks that are there now.  I don't think your characterization of LM having "thrown people off" the beta team is fair, given that as an outsider who is not a beta team member you are not personally privy to anything better than maybe second or third-hand grumbling about the goings on there.  So what if they made some changes...no big deal, that happens all the time. 

LM may not rise to the level of "martyers and heros"[sic], but they're not Microshaft either...you know, the guys that used to let bugs sit out there in MSFS for years at a time (often until the next major version release), and the same guys that approached efforts to develop add-ons and hooks into the sim's internals with an almost monk-like silence.  FSUIPC in its MSFS years was a fantastic and unauthorized hack by outsiders Adam Szofran and Pete Dowson...today integration of a dazzling array of add-ons is done in collaboration with LM, using officially supported Simconnect and PDK interfaces with the aid of a meaningful SDK.  So maybe no beatification ceremony is in the works for Beau Hollis and Adam Breed and the LM boys, but I think it's only fair to recognize that LM has indeed stepped up the game--significantly.  Yep, they're in it as a business, but last time I checked that's not a dirty word.  We should be glad that they stay at it with P3D because I'd surmise that there are FAR more profitable divisions at LM that make the budget lines associated with microsimulation a tiny, nearly insignificant piece of their realm.

Now go take a deep breath and enjoy your holiday.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 4

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Maybe you should take your predictive text on holiday too. (and leave it there).

• Like 1

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Hi all,

Does anyone know what is the root cause of the performance issue? I am still on 4.4 and will upgrade to 4.5 If its related to a third party software then i may not even use this thus won't encounter the fps issue. I've seen many not have any issues.

22 minutes ago, Mejjo said:

Hi all,

Does anyone know what is the root cause of the performance issue? I am still on 4.4 and will upgrade to 4.5 If its related to a third party software then i may not even use this thus won't encounter the fps issue. I've seen many not have any issues.

We won't know for certain until next Tuesday....

• Like 2

I'm stunned that this thread is still going strong. 😀

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.