Sign in to follow this  
AnkH

v4.5 hotfix inbound...

I don't mind waiting for the fix, but it's a bit annoying when they said it would be out "in a couple of weeks", one month ago. I guess that's why you never announced or even hint at dates. Sometimes things take longer than anticipated.

I was planning on doing a clean install of 4.5 since that's likely to be the last major update before v5. When the update killed my frame rates, I went back to 4.4. So now I don't know how much time I should spend re-installing everything in 4.4, because the fix to 4.5 might come out on Monday, or it might come out in July...

Edited by AdvancedFollower

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

At this point I'm assuming they are either implementing and testing a slew of other fixes or they are having problems getting the primary performance fix working right. Seems like an awful long time to test something that was identified and confirmed, very early in the release cycle. Especially something that has such a negative impact with many of their users. Oh well, as we aren't being told anything, all we can do is speculate and wait 🙂

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Take your time LM. I'm chillng on a beach at Sandals de-stressing.

A release around the 20th would be good. 

14ppkc-6.png

Ah-ha! What you don't realise is that the announcement was made by a South African LM employee.

"A couple of weeks" in SA English does not mean literally two, it can mean any number, possibly even 8 or 9.

You were just lucky they didn't say now. Or now, now. That means some unspecified time in the future.😁

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Got it...so "now, now," and "a couple of weeks" both mean some unspecified time in the future.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

There's a beta update out for Active Sky, with 'P3D 4.5 compatibility updates' (among other things) - Coincidence or are we getting closer 😛 ?

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

1 hour ago, Sethos1988 said:

There's a beta update out for Active Sky, with 'P3D 4.5 compatibility updates' (among other things) - Coincidence or are we getting closer 😛 ?

Beta versions are always updated periodically.  They did release a compatibility version on the day 4.5 was released.  Beta versions after that are improvements to the first release.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

8 hours ago, somiller said:

Got it...so "now, now," and "a couple of weeks" both mean some unspecified time in the future.

Exactly.(Pun intended).

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.