Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Brett's Raven II R-44 for XP11.30 available...

Check the other site 😉

It's Brett's ... I would say it's more than worth the try... and for free 🙂

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Installed and, at sim opening, the copter was thumping the grass right side and upside.  Reran the download and got lots of errors at extract so will watch for comments. 

Edited by olderndirt

OOpa 😕

Didn't try it, just saw the news about the release. Will check.

Sorry for that 😕

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

For the record - redownload, reinstall and if flies fine.

I missed this post, dang it, lost several days of wonderful copter flying, this copter is so nice and tame I can even fly it with my mouse and keyboard since my joystick is on loan.  I have flown in a Red R44 just once, at a Goodyear airshow many years ago, I wanted to fly in a piston four place copter even if it was only for ten minutes.  We took off from Goodyear Arizona's North Field, flew east along I-10, then Southeast and cruised over PIR and south Avondale where I lived at the time, before landing back in Phoenix.  It was my last copter flight before one I took from Vegas to the Grand Canyon and back in 2013 in an A350.  I love helicopters, they handle the chop so well, and Xplane11 does a better job modeling them than P3d, which I have but sadly does not sim copters very well.  I feel Austin's Blade theory, however it works, yields better flight training results when handled by good aircraft modelers, although some P3D aircraft are good as well, as long as they are in the fixed wing realm.  Thanks to the OP for pointing this freeware Raven out, I had Justflight's Payware Raven for FSX on my old system.

John

12 hours ago, John_Cillis said:

Thanks to the OP for pointing this freeware Raven out, I had Justflight's Payware Raven for FSX on my old system.

John

🙂

I worked with JustFlight, long ago, to fine tune their Schweizer 300 and R-44 FDMs... It was really diffiult to get it acceptable within the limitations of FSX's Flight Dynamics, inherited by P3D...  Great times back then though 🙂

Main Simulation Rig:

10 minutes ago, cagari-cagarou said:

🙂

I worked with JustFlight, long ago, to fine tune their Schweizer 300 and R-44 FDMs... It was really diffiult to get it acceptable within the limitations of FSX's Flight Dynamics, inherited by P3D...  Great times back then though 🙂

I felt the Justflight R44 was the best copter flight modeling FSX could offer, it was the easiest copter to fly, the least finicky, a flight model that was a work of art given the limitations of MSFS.

I also loved the fact that pax appeared depending on the loading of the copter, it was funny, the Justflight Duchess did the same.  Justflight is a great third party vendor for our hobby, IMHO.

John