Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin J

Qualitywings 757 released for P3Dv4

Yep..Need to buy...see here...

Ultimate 757 in Prepar3D

The Ultimate 757 is now available in P3DV4.4 and higher as a separate purchase. The Ultimate 757 is also available in P3DV1 and 2 as part of the FS9/FSX/Steam bundle. See our store for more details.

• Like 1

Feel bad now-Sorry.

i5 8600K  @4.5Ghz 16GB RAM GTX1060 

1 minute ago, ols500 said:

Feel bad now-Sorry.

Hey, no big deal,it's ok....still not a bad price.  Definitely going to buy it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Does this use " QualityWings - The Ultimate 787 Collection" from Navigraph for its FMS? Or something else? I see the phrase on the Flight1 website " fun Entry level 757 " and wonder just how entry level it is.

Yes, the QW757 for P3Dv4 does use Navigraph for updating the FMS just like its FSX sibling. Registered in the QW Flight1 forum and got a lot more details which probably should be on the product information page. ie the changelog.

Edited by Twenty6
answer my own question

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

47 minutes ago, MarkW said:

The Flight1 store still shows $15 for the 757 for P3D v4.  Am I missing something?

Nope - it's 15$... There's no upgrade path from the FSX version. It's a separate purchase.

41 minutes ago, Twenty6 said:

Does this use " QualityWings - The Ultimate 787 Collection" from Navigraph for its FMS? Or something else? I see the phrase on the Flight1 website " fun Entry level 757 " and wonder just how entry level it is.

Yes, the QW757 for P3Dv4 does use Navigraph for updating the FMS just like its FSX sibling. Registered in the QW Flight1 forum and got a lot more details which probably should be on the product information page. ie the changelog.

Bare with me here because it's been some years sicne I last flew the QW757. From what I remember it's entry level, but it does all the stuff any normal simmer would want it to do. i.e., it allows you to input your route, PERF INIT, with LNAV and VNAV, Autoland... It does quite a good set of the automated functions. Just don't expect anything that goes beyond that. You'll also find shortcuts in general operation, such as not being able to control the various landing lights separately, or a click on the APU Start knob causing it to goes to Start and then On automatically without further user input.

I'd say it's probably more basic than the Aerosoft Airbus, but still a huge step up from any Virtualcol Jet. I remember enjoying it a lot. Quite frankly, I don't think it's really that much less complex than the Captain Sim 757. And one major plus for me: they included the retrofit cockpit which, these days, is widespread among US-based 757 operators!

But mind the disclaimer: it's probably been some five years since I last used the QW757... until now. I already bought it and will probably take her for a quick spin this evening!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

39 minutes ago, Twenty6 said:

I see the phrase on the Flight1 website " fun Entry level 757 " and wonder just how entry level it is.

Well a) it's only $15, and b) it's a Flight1 download installer which means it's sold with a no-questions-asked 30-day money back guarantee.  So my suggestion would be to drop a couple of coins and go see for yourself.

At that price it's hard to NOT buy it if only to tinker with it.

Regards

• Upvote 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Have the 757 installed and running fine in P3D v4.5, but the QW dispatcher is proving to be a bit "buggy" for me.... Anyone else having any issues..??

Edited by SunDevil56

2 hours ago, eslader said:

You may not realize this, but no one is going to take you seriously. You're coming off as nothing but a QW malcontent. They could give you a free level-D full motion simulator and you'd find a way to tell us that proves how much they suck. I don't really understand why you've been allowed to continue tilting at this particular windmill, but it would be greatly appreciated by the rest of us if you'd stop.

I wonder, what makes your opinion of this product more valid than mine? Absolutely nothing. 

I will not apologize for having a higher standard than you or anybody else for a 757 ( one of the most important aircraft of our time ) simulation. 

Neither Quality Wings or Captain Sim have successfully represented the 757 to the standard that they have claimed, facts are facts. And PBR does (would do) nothing to help that fact, just like the case with the 787.

If we had more calls for higher standards we would be better off. The community as a whole prefers A2A/PMDG/FSL quality, not Abacus quality. The middle ground for a 757 is acceptable if there is one of exceptional quality available, there is none of exceptional quality. So there needs to be a call to a higher quality. There is not one simmer that can say that the QW 757 is an excellent representation of a 757; yes the exterior is beautiful, the sounds are good, but these qualities are only good for making videos shot from the outside. 

My comment was very serious, so much so, I had to add a little humor, because I realize PBR for the QW 757 is not likely. 

Not trying to make anybody mad - just making it clear that this community can do much better.

• Upvote 2

Looks like some kind of embedded zip utility (Ionic.zip) either didn't make it into the installer or onto your PC.

• Upvote 1

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

11 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

But mind the disclaimer: it's probably been some five years since I last used the QW757... until now. I already bought it and will probably take her for a quick spin this evening!

10 minutes ago, w6kd said:

At that price it's hard to NOT buy it if only to tinker with it.

I bought the QW757 for FSX way back when and don't remember much about it. And for $15, what's not to like.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

2 minutes ago, pracines said:

I wonder, what makes your opinion of this product more valid than mine? Absolutely nothing. 

I will not apologize for having a higher standard than you or anybody else for a 757 ( one of the most important aircraft of our time ) simulation. 

Neither Quality Wings or Captain Sim have successfully represented the 757 to the standard that they have claimed, facts are facts. And PBR does (would do) nothing to help that fact, just like the case with the 787.

If we had more calls for higher standards we would be better off. The community as a whole prefers A2A/PMDG/FSL quality, not Abacus quality. The middle ground for a 757 is acceptable if there is one of exceptional quality available, there is none of exceptional quality. So there needs to be a call to a higher quality. There is not one simmer that can say that the QW 757 is an excellent representation of a 757; yes the exterior is beautiful, the sounds are good, but these qualities are only good for making videos shot from the outside. 

My comment was very serious, so much so, I had to add a little humor, because I realize PBR for the QW 757 is not likely. 

Not trying to make anybody mad - just making it clear that this community can do much better.

It's a $15 product, and the fact that it's an entry-level simulation is made pretty clear.

If you don't have a place in your hangar for something like this, fine, then don't buy it.  That said, I'm certain that lots of folks will appreciate a lite simulation coming at a lite price, warts and all. 

You've said your piece...further hound-dogging of QW over this will not be considered favorably around here.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

For the price I would take a flyer on it (pun intended) just to see if I can use the ISG FMC with it.

I'm assuming the FMC it comes with only has very basic functions?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

3 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

Nope - it's 15$... There's no upgrade path from the FSX version. It's a separate purchase.

When I first saw this thread, I assumed that $15 was the upgrade price!  I was pleasantly surprised to see that this was the initial price tag too! QW offered their 757 for free for a little while on FSX, and I enjoyed it at the time.  So I’ll definitely pick this one up.

I have to wonder if they will offer a more in-depth version in the future for a modest upgrade price?  Seems like a viable tactic to take some market share from CS.

I wonder if we will have to install the "Latha" font yet again . On my FSX copy I have an assortment of high definition  textures that I have accumulated. I also wonder whether we can transfer FSX repaints into the Prep3d folder. Questions are plentiful, answers await some more info. 

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.