Sign in to follow this  
mikealphahotel

Using RXP with Realsimgear 430

I have installed a Realsimgear GNS430 but the buttons are controlling the GPS on the FSX-SE aircraft panel rather than the Realsimgear display.

Anyone know the setting to toggle between the two GPS units so the buttons contol the second (Realsimgear) GPS?

Thanks

Mike

Hi,

Most likely you'll have to enable the GNS setting: "Use Simulator GPS Commands".

It is further documented in the RXP GNS V2 User's Manual.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

On 5/7/2019 at 1:15 PM, RXP said:

Hi,

Most likely you'll have to enable the GNS setting: "Use Simulator GPS Commands".

It is further documented in the RXP GNS V2 User's Manual.

I have enabled that setting but the RealSimGear controls only change the GPS unit on the panel, not on the Reality XP GPS display.

How do I fix this please?

Thanks

Mike

Edited by RXP

Hi,

I guess this would be best addressed with RealSimGear support?!? You have to make sure the setting is enabled so that the GNS V2 intercepts the standard FltSim GPS commands. Then, you have to make sure the RealSimGear hardware is configured to 'send' these standard FltSim GPS commands too (which I guess it does). Furthermore I don't know if this hardware can be configured to command a GNS #2 unit so if this is not the case you'd have to make sure you're also using a GNS #1 unit (GNS_530_1 instead of _2).

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

I also have a problem with the RXP GNS and the Realsimgear 530.  After installing the latest RXP update the left knob on the Realsimgear 530 (the com/vloc knob) no longer works correctly. Now instead of changing the com/vloc frequencies it changes the curser like the right curser knob does. So essentially the latest update makes both knobs on the Realsimgear 530 do the same thing.  Could you guys please take a look at this?

Thanks

Hi,

There hasn't been any change in our GNS code related to the command handling for quite a while so unless there is an unforeseen creeping bug, I doubt the GNS is the issue for this.

Do you mean it was working fine with GNS v2.4.11 and now it fails with GNS v2.4.12?

I don't know how RealSimGear hardware is 'mapping' its own hardware knobs to flight simulator commands though: is this something you can manually configure or is it hard coded? You might want to review whether this has changed too.

11 hours ago, RXP said:

Hi,

There hasn't been any change in our GNS code related to the command handling for quite a while so unless there is an unforeseen creeping bug, I doubt the GNS is the issue for this.

Do you mean it was working fine with GNS v2.4.11 and now it fails with GNS v2.4.12?

I don't know how RealSimGear hardware is 'mapping' its own hardware knobs to flight simulator commands though: is this something you can manually configure or is it hard coded? You might want to review whether this has changed too.

RealSimGear has their own "Plugin/Bridge" that get's installed.  It does have a configuration file that you can alter if you need to for pointing commands.  Also when setting up the hardware you do configure it so that it is either the _1 or the _2 controller.

I only have a RSG GTN 750 unit.  I built my 530 unit with an Arduino, "custom pcbs"(read hacked up Protoboards) and 3D Printed bezel.  I needed an extra "nudge" as to how to use the BIT offsets in the Simconnect commands to get it to work.  I used SPAD.Next to convert the buttons into the commands with the BIT offsets.  I am able to control all of the 2nd unit using the standard Sim commands as listed in the RXP manual.

I would check the config file for the RSG to make sure that it is not using the wrong command.

• Like 1

Les O'Reilly