Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

A funny thing happened on the way to Gold Coast.

Almost every day I go to a continent and use the flight planner to plan an hour to an hour and a half flight in my Quest Kodiak.  Yesterday I was in Italy.  Today I picked Australia.  I was about 10 minutes into my flight from Bundaberg (YBUD) to Gold Coast (YBCG) when the simulator (P3Dv4) just stopped.  I was stationary in the sky for about 10 seconds and then got a CTD.

I have FSUIPC save enabled and save three flights a minute apart.  I restarted P3D and went back 2 minutes and the flight continues normally to Gold Coast.

Any ideas as to why this might have happened.?

I do get pauses sometimes depending on where I am flying but the flight always continues normally.  This is the first time it crashed to the desktop.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

You should check windows’ event viewer for hints on why P3D crashed. Whenever I got a CTD like this, it’s typically a terrain.dll crash... very rarely a kernelbase.dll error. For the former its typically related to some sort of overload due to too much autogen, or some corruption in some of the vector scenery (roads etc). With the kernelbase error there is no clear cause.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

2 hours ago, birdguy said:

Almost every day I go to a continent and use the flight planner to plan an hour to an hour and a half flight in my Quest Kodiak.  Yesterday I was in Italy.  Today I picked Australia.  I was about 10 minutes into my flight from Bundaberg (YBUD) to Gold Coast (YBCG) when the simulator (P3Dv4) just stopped.  I was stationary in the sky for about 10 seconds and then got a CTD.

I have FSUIPC save enabled and save three flights a minute apart.  I restarted P3D and went back 2 minutes and the flight continues normally to Gold Coast.

Any ideas as to why this might have happened.?

I do get pauses sometimes depending on where I am flying but the flight always continues normally.  This is the first time it crashed to the desktop.

Noel

I think it is the Gold Coast city that causes the CTDs. I've had that happen to me. I deactivated the city and just kept the airport. No more problems

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

I don't think Gold Coast City would have caused the crash, as only being 10 min out of Bundaburg, you would not yet be as far as Hervey Bay.

Brisbane (YBBN) sure loads up the sim, but then, 10 min out of YBUD, would also eliminate that.

I live in Hervey Bay and have never had a problem in the area, and have YBUD, YHBA, YBBN, YRED, YCDR and Gold Coast City installed.  Computers ! Just one of those things.

Chris. 

PS.  Welcome to my home base !

Edited by ChrisDa
  • Like 1

I agree Chris.  Just one of those things that pop up from time to time.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.