Robert LeBlanc

Multiple objects with same title

Hello all

Running Windows 10

Couple of issues

1.  After I installed Traffic X and boot up FSX Steam, I get several error messages "Multiple objects with same title".  I went to the Air craft config file in my App data, but did not find any multiple SimObjects references in the [Main] section.  When I start FSX Steam, The error messages are as follows; simobjects\jftraffic360\justflightctrltowerairfied,  justflightctrltowerairport, justflightctrltowerlargeintairport, justflightctrltowermedintairport, ,justflightfollowme_L,justflightfollowme_R, justflightpushback,justflightspotty.  Is there anyway to fix this problem without having to reinstall the game? 

2.  For what ever reason, in my appdata file Microsoft\FSX folder, for FSX I have three file folders.  One says FSX, the other says FSX1 and the third folder says FSX-SE.  I'm assuming the FSX_SE folder is the one I want to keep, so do I delete the FSX and FSX1 folders.  Please note that I was running FSX Gold edition prior to getting the FSX SE, this is why I think those other two folders are there, but I am not 100% sure.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Robert

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I don't know about #1, but for #2, verify the integrity of your game files using the Steam application to ensure you are not missing, or have thrown away, essential files.  FSX-SE is definitely the folder you want to keep and I don't believe you need the FSX and FSX1 folders, but I have a dual installation of boxed and SE so I am not fully sure myself.  The integrity verification will remove any doubt.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2019 at 8:04 PM, Robert LeBlanc said:

1.  After I installed Traffic X and boot up FSX Steam, I get several error messages "Multiple objects with same title".  I went to the Air craft config file in my App data, but did not find any multiple SimObjects references in the [Main] section.  When I start FSX Steam, The error messages are as follows; simobjects\jftraffic360\justflightctrltowerairfied,  justflightctrltowerairport, justflightctrltowerlargeintairport, justflightctrltowermedintairport, ,justflightfollowme_L,justflightfollowme_R, justflightpushback,justflightspotty.  Is there anyway to fix this problem without having to reinstall the game? 

Your simulator can see the same objects more than once. Somewhere (=anywhere) in your simobjects folders there is a duplicate of one or more aircraft.cfg or sim.cfg files. The "title" that the error message refers to is the "title=" part of the "[fltsim.x]" sections in aircraft.cfg/sim.cfg. This would also happen if that title gets duplicated in the same aircraft.cfg/sim.cfg file.

What you need to do is to find these duplicates and eliminate them. 

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI