Sign in to follow this  
sem

FPL in the QW757 P3D4

how do i insert a flightplan? i put it in with simbrief and installed it in the sim/qw/flightplans and when i put it in the FMC it says its not in the database

I'm not familiar with simbrief...does it save in .pln format? All my xxx.pln files in the /qw/flightplans folder display OK on the FMC, so maybe it's a format problem? I imagine there's a way to convert them.

Cheers,

Greg

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Are your AIRAC versions the same between your Simbrief account and the QW plane?

Navigraph's data manager will auto-update the 757 if you tell it to, and the subscription also unlocks the current AIRAC for Simbrief as well. So a one-month subscription would get the two on the same page.

I think you have to export into the QualityWings FP format in Simbrief.  I think there is an option for that in the flight planner.

Edited by egguzman

1 hour ago, Chocorua said:

I'm not familiar with simbrief...does it save in .pln format? All my xxx.pln files in the /qw/flightplans folder display OK on the FMC, so maybe it's a format problem? I imagine there's a way to convert them.

Cheers,

Greg

i downloaded the QW fpl option on simbrief wich comes in .rte

Check to see if it's in your QW flightplan directory...something like E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\QualityWings\FlightPlans, if not, Simbrief has installed to another directory. I don't rely on Simbrief's installation but prefer to do it manually. If the plan is there it is more than likely in the wrong format.

steve southey

Use the index to access the flight plans. Should show up there. 

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb