Sign in to follow this  
mtr75

REX 5 EF + SF + P3Dv4.5... 19 years.

11 hours ago, mtr75 said:

I had never even thought of calibrating my monitor. I just ran the Windows 10 calibration utility and I like the stock settings better. It may be that I'm just used to them, yes, but I just like it the way it was.

This is exactly the point. Some want the optput of their displays to be as accurate as possible.

I also used W10 build in tool for calibration and also an external one. With this monitor settings also the default P3D HDR of 1 / 1 / 1 is too much for my eyes. EF did it a bit worse.

It seems that my monitor settings are brighter then yours that's why your picture would look somehow to bright for me. If you tuned down the brightness / backlight / etc. of your monitor, you could get very nice visuals indeed. This is also why visuals are mostly susceptive to discussions ;)

The best thing to note is that if you as a customer are happy with a product then the provider of that product has made a good job.

Wish you the best and always 3 green!

BR,

Gerald

• Like 1

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

I’ll also chip in here with my experiences.

For years I've used  REX Texture Direct for my cloud textures and, alternately, OpusFSI and ActiveSky for my weather engine

I purchased the Environment Force + Sky Force 3D bundle this week and am thrilled with the improvement to the depiction of the sky, and specifically clouds, with this combination. I'm seeing much more "verticality" to cloud formations and they appear more realistic to fly through. (I'm continuing to use ActiveSky as my weather engine).

• Like 4

5 hours ago, GEKtheReaper said:

This is exactly the point. Some want the optput of their displays to be as accurate as possible.

I also used W10 build in tool for calibration and also an external one. With this monitor settings also the default P3D HDR of 1 / 1 / 1 is too much for my eyes. EF did it a bit worse.

It seems that my monitor settings are brighter then yours that's why your picture would look somehow to bright for me. If you tuned down the brightness / backlight / etc. of your monitor, you could get very nice visuals indeed. This is also why visuals are mostly susceptive to discussions 😉

The best thing to note is that if you as a customer are happy with a product then the provider of that product has made a good job.

Wish you the best and always 3 green!

BR,

Gerald

Yeah, that's ultimately the thing - it's individual, and are you happy? I have spent a lot of time in the Caribbean, and to me the EF & SF visuals are absolutely astounding, they are very near perfect. One thing worth considering (and I mean this seriously but also slightly as a joke): there's a reason everyone wears sunglasses on St. Maarten! 🙂 It is VERY bright for the most part.

This is from a webcam I watch every day, you will see what I mean. If you compare that to the photo above, I think EF+SF do a pretty good job!

Oa3GfKPEipXMg-ExKRujmO-sZuS5HQRMlU-NNxNp

Hello,

I'm still undecided wether to get AS or REX5, I see that some people use AS,REX,REX EV all together at the same time.

I'm looking for weather engine that will give me the actual/current weather. The clouds, storms, snow, winds, ect. needs to look real.

I seen REX and AS promo/videos. But I still wonder which one to get. I also don't want to get to complex. I appreciated if you can give me any suggestions?? Thanx....

Weather engine - ASP4 without doubt. After that, it's your preference. I like ASP4, ASCA,Envtex,Envshade. With those I get the most realistic skies and cloud formations. The closest I have seen to my real flying days of over 40 years.

Most use ASP4 and then many other combinations.

ASP4 gives you the weather - that's it, It will use whatever clouds and skies you have in P3D and there are quite a few good options to choose from.

Look at ASCA, Envtex, REX and REX SF for clouds

Shader programs provide fine tuning of what you see - look at REX EF, Envshade, Tomato Shade, PTA.

For the bare minimum you will need a good weather program period.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

3 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

Weather engine - ASP4 without doubt. After that, it's your preference. I like ASP4, ASCA,Envtex,Envshade. With those I get the most realistic skies and cloud formations. The closest I have seen to my real flying days of over 40 years.

Most use ASP4 and then many other combinations.

ASP4 gives you the weather - that's it, It will use whatever clouds and skies you have in P3D and there are quite a few good options to choose from.

Look at ASCA, Envtex, REX and REX SF for clouds

Shader programs provide fine tuning of what you see - look at REX EF, Envshade, Tomato Shade, PTA.

For the bare minimum you will need a good weather program period.

Vic

I was under the impression that you have to use ASCA with AS4 in order to have the cloud textures changed on the fly in the sim to reflect the weather conditions.  If you use another cloud program like REX TD/SC then whatever it loading in at startup is what stays for the entire flight.  Is this correct?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

1 minute ago, MarkW said:

I was under the impression that you have to use ASCA with AS4 in order to have the cloud textures changed on the fly in the sim to reflect the weather conditions.  If you use another cloud program like REX TD/SC then whatever it loading in at startup is what stays for the entire flight.  Is this correct?

Yes - for the best dynamic experience (IMHO) you need ASCA and ASP4.

Vic

• Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

3 hours ago, Whisper202 said:

Hello,

I'm still undecided wether to get AS or REX5, I see that some people use AS,REX,REX EV all together at the same time.

I'm looking for weather engine that will give me the actual/current weather. The clouds, storms, snow, winds, ect. needs to look real.

I seen REX and AS promo/videos. But I still wonder which one to get. I also don't want to get to complex. I appreciated if you can give me any suggestions?? Thanx....

I have Environment Force and Sky Force, both set to Automatic. Set it and forget it. And I love it.

• Like 2

On 5/8/2019 at 12:06 PM, dal330200 said:

I can't fly with automatic mode, the scene is way too blue and bloom is way too bright.  I like being able to adjust shaders on the fly, and I'm still trying to figure out how everything interacts (tomato, PTA and EF) in the sim.  I think this has a lot of potential, but I also think that this should be viewed as a work in progress because there are a lot of limitations that would make it a standalone, all-in-one product otherwise.  Great step forward though. 

There is a new BETA that fixes this. You may try it.

Thanks

Federico

Federico Sucari

Over-Bloom is partially one of perception and also one of preference.  Personally I don't like bloom and yes it is possible that bloom appears nasty because of your screen / rig.  At long last I'm starting to get the feel that there is a growing acceptance to what EF does.  I say this because as most of you know when you are flying above the clouds things get REALLY bright.  With EF I now feel like I'm above the clouds and yes they are bright.

Cheers

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

53 minutes ago, bean_sprout said:

Over-Bloom is partially one of perception and also one of preference.  Personally I don't like bloom and yes it is possible that bloom appears nasty because of your screen / rig.  At long last I'm starting to get the feel that there is a growing acceptance to what EF does.  I say this because as most of you know when you are flying above the clouds things get REALLY bright.  With EF I now feel like I'm above the clouds and yes they are bright.

Cheers

We are working on a fix for the bloom. The fix was out in open beta but because of problems with the installer we had hold on. 

Thanks

Federico

Edited by fs1

Federico Sucari

On 5/8/2019 at 12:15 PM, mtr75 said:

4pR1tzqfH_nf5iFMVzr2nd15o0UG23Ynnx8hWw9P

On 5/11/2019 at 4:01 PM, fs1 said:

There is a new BETA that fixes this. You may try it.

Thanks

Federico

I'd like too but it was removed. 

Skyforce is awesome.  EF is buggy. 

On 5/8/2019 at 12:15 PM, mtr75 said:

4pR1tzqfH_nf5iFMVzr2nd15o0UG23Ynnx8hWw9P

I have to digress- this is not realistic by any stretch of the imagination.  I fly a lot, pilot sometimes and at no point in my life have I seen terrain so bright or clouds so dark.  I can get the look I want in manual mode, but the lighting is broken in EF, so you can't manually adjust lighting without losing the ability to have time of day change.  Maybe if auto mode also allowed us to make some changes to the intensity of the effects and lighting options this could be a good program.  Otherwise, it's a matter of preference and taste, but personally, I can't fly with it, existing presets, and my own mods, while not the best, are far better. 

• Upvote 1