Sign in to follow this  
rooitou

St. Maarten (TNCM) 40% off

X-Plane 11 scenery by AWDesigns: TNCM - Princess of the Caribbean - Part 1- SXM. Covers St Maarten Island (Princess Juliana and Grand Case airports) and the island of Anguilla. Normally $32.95, now $18.00. Over at x-plane.org store. 

https://store.x-plane.org/TNCM--Princess-of-the-Caribbean--Part-1-SXM_p_796.html#tab-1

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

I got tempted and bought it, but it looks like a slideshow in the sim. I've never had a scenery (Pay or freeware) so badly optimized. My settings and PC are fine with all other sceneries without stutters or slideshow and even in P3D i have no problem, so I'm pretty sure it's this scenery which is causing the stutters. I used the default Cessna, and I don't dare to think how it will perform with a jet ie. Zibo 737.

Just tried ORBX TE South, and no stutters or lag here, and normally that one is pretty hard on resources,  Any suggestions to make it flyable will be appreciated.

Edited by jlund

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

I read the review on the product first, so tempting though the offer was, I didn't take it up. That and the sheer download size put me off.

Happy enough with my Flytampa rendering of it.

Edited by Jude Bradley

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Hi Jorn, you had me worried there for a minute (about making a bad recommendation). However, I ran it just now and it is very smooth on my system. I flew TNCM airport and surrounding area with default scenery this morning, before making the purchase, so that I could get a sense of the change. I get almost exactly the same frame rates before and after, around 45fps at the airport and 50-60fps over the island. In fact I got more micro-stutters with default scenery than with AWDesigns scenery (strange, perhaps a restart helped?)

Edited by rooitou

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

Does AW Designs have a support website? I am having a scenery error message pop up when I use either TNCM (St Maartens) and TFFJ (St. Barts, which was just released). I'd like to send them copies of my Log.txt files with the errors to see if it is something they can fix. I am also experiencing the stutters with TNCM and would like to know how any of you solved that issue with the AW Design scenery. 

Thanks

Try Make sure your texture size is at max or lower not maxim in x-planes main settings  here is i believe last update log? of things that changed. so he has been fixing the fps issues for some users. 

A last minute update of TNCM is being uploaded to the store , should be available tomorrow for everyone to download

This patch is mainly to fix the compatibilty issues introduced in the latest stable release of xplane v11.30r3

There is also a small set of changes to help users achieve better performance with a reduced usage of VRAM

All the new content being worked will be featured in the next patch v1.8 coming real soon

Changelog

- fixed compatibility issues with latest xplane version 11.30r3

TNCM
= reduced 3d trees geometry
- added apron lights backspill
- tweaked night lights for an increase in performance
- fixed weird normals at certain light angles for the lake near Maho B.
- downgraded resolution to hand painted orthos but added decals to preserve details

TFFG
- downgraded hand painted orthos (2k from 4k)
- upscaled runway textures (back to 4k)

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

23 hours ago, topcat_1952 said:

Does AW Designs have a support website? I am having a scenery error message pop up when I use either TNCM (St Maartens) and TFFJ (St. Barts, which was just released). I'd like to send them copies of my Log.txt files with the errors to see if it is something they can fix. I am also experiencing the stutters with TNCM and would like to know how any of you solved that issue with the AW Design scenery. 

Thanks

Hi you can try facebook https://www.facebook.com/AirworthyDesigns/

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/118709-sint-maarten-and-the-princess-of-the-caribbean/

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

I still had version 1.5, so updated to 1.7 and it seems the issue has been resolved. Thanks so much Silverbird!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, topcat_1952 said:

I still had version 1.5, so updated to 1.7 and it seems the issue has been resolved. Thanks so much Silverbird!

That's great glade you were able to get it fixed.😊

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs