Sign in to follow this  
BEAR

Elevation Profile "Get the correct altitude adjusted"

Hey,
In the manual I read at "Elevation Profile" (pages 150-151) the corresponding button must be pressed to get all waypoints ABOVE the safe red line ... but I can't do it! Can someone help me?!

Guus Dekker.

Paradigit® 25th Anniversary Edition 2017 | Windows® 10 Home vs.20H2 | Proc.: ACPI x64 | CPU: Intel® Core i5-7400 3 Ghz. | RAM: 16 Gb | Intel® HD Graphics 630 64 Gb | Chipset: Intel® 300 SATA AHCI | Hard Disk 1: Kingston SUV 40037 480 Gb SSD | Hard Disk 2: ST 1000 DM SATA GPT 1 Tb.

Hi Guus,

not sure. Are you talking about this one: https://www.littlenavmap.org/manuals/littlenavmap/release/2.2/en/MENUS.html#adjust-flight-plan-alt

There is not automatic function to raise the cruise altitude above the red line. You have to do that manually in the cruise altitude box at the top left of the flight plan window. The one in the link above adjusts the altitude to match the odd/even east/west rule.

Alex

Thanks Alex for reply.

You are right. That's what I was thinking too ! But how to explain the picture on Pg. 151 (Manual 2.0 oct. 27 2018) ! On the yellow (Cruise Alt.) Line @ 6.500 ft., ALL the Waypoints are 2.000 ft. above the red Line. In MY Elevation Profile, WP01 (LacDAnnency) is on 3.000 ft. And I am not able to create the picture on Pg. 151 !? When I increase the cruise alt. to 8.500 ft., I get a picture that looks like it ... but with 8.500 ft. Cruise Alt. ... NOT 6.500 ft. ?!

Regards, Guus.

Paradigit® 25th Anniversary Edition 2017 | Windows® 10 Home vs.20H2 | Proc.: ACPI x64 | CPU: Intel® Core i5-7400 3 Ghz. | RAM: 16 Gb | Intel® HD Graphics 630 64 Gb | Chipset: Intel® 300 SATA AHCI | Hard Disk 1: Kingston SUV 40037 480 Gb SSD | Hard Disk 2: ST 1000 DM SATA GPT 1 Tb.

Hi Alex,

I am a FSX user. How do I attache a Pg. (1 Pg. PDF) ?

Regards, Guus.

I thought more about a screenshot of the situation in the simulator and not in the PDF. There is a tutorial about adding images:

I suppose it is about this one: https://www.littlenavmap.org/manuals/littlenavmap/release/2.2/en/TUTORIALVFR.html#cruise-altitude
The screenshot is a bit older and does not show the top of climb point (ramp on the left)

Alex

Sorry Alex,
After having spent a LONG time getting a screenshot in my message, I DEFINITELY STOP WITH AVSIM screenshots !!!
NEVER experienced such an UN FRIENDLY way of posting screenshot !!!!

Alex thanks for your help. Very Simply I say, Page 151 of the manual 2.0. That is what I mean. I leave it to you ...

Sincerely,
Guus Dekker.

The Avsim image policy is unfortunate and I'd really like them to allow easy uploads as most other forums. But it is still doable.

The manual for the latest 2.2.4 has version 2.2. Looking at the older manual 2.0 I see the same screenshot as in the link I posted above.

Here is how it looks on my computer with the latest 2.2.4. This is using the GLOBE elevation data.

If something is wrong on your side send me a screenshot per email and I can attach it here.

grafik.png

Alex