Sign in to follow this  
markk71

New development update from A2A this weekend!

Turboprop world opening at A2A. Brilliant!

• Upvote 2

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 32 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 2080 TI OS : Win 10 PRO Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, 2x Saitek Radios, 1x Saitek Multipanel, 1x Saitek Proflight Switch, Custom homecockpit.

18 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

How’s the Bonanza these days? Worth the buy on sale?

I think it's great.

I don't regret my purchase one bit. It is my go-to single engine.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Amazing stuff. These guys are putting everyone else to shame including the chaps that make DCS. Unfortunately none of these planes interest me in the least! 😳

Asus X570 TUF WIFI | 5800X3D | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | MSI RTX 4090 | EVGA 1300W | ASUS GT501 TUF | Samsung C49RG90 49" | Oculus Quest 2 | Windows 11 Professional X64

53 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

How’s the Bonanza these days? Worth the buy on sale?

Hands down my favorite GA single as well.  At 25% off, a true no-brainer.

Scott

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, J0nx said:

Amazing stuff. These guys are putting everyone else to shame including the chaps that make DCS. Unfortunately none of these planes interest me in the least! 😳

Flying military planes in a civilian sim that wont dog fight or fire bullets is a bit like kissing your sister,,not very exciting

DCS owns that arena

ZORAN

On 5/9/2019 at 11:02 AM, lownslo said:

But you can see so much more from the Cub! :biggrin:

Greg

LOL **** sigh ****

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

2 hours ago, J0nx said:

Unfortunately none of these planes interest me in the least! 😳

Same here.

I was hoping for a Baron 58

- TONY -

20 minutes ago, Simicro said:

Same here.

I was hoping for a Baron 58

Haha....it's a pretty wide variety of planes they announced....not one you're interested in at all?  An Aerostar is like a better Baron 😉

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Meh, how about getting the b377 cots updated for p3dv4 first!

• Upvote 1

Pete Little

16 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Haha....it's a pretty wide variety of planes they announced....not one you're interested in at all?  An Aerostar is like a better Baron 😉

No. Really.

Looks like I'm gonna stay with the Bonanza for quite a while.

- TONY -

I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but A2A have clarified a few details on their official Facebook Page.  Firstly, A2A are not even sure they will release either the T-6 Texan II or the T-38A sims to the public.  Even if they eventually decide to release either product to the consumer market, A2A has now stated that it will take considerable work and time to make a RTM build.  Bottom line:  Don't hold your breath folks.  Meanwhile, Milviz has released a very impressive T-38C simulation for P3D....

Really, the only thing new A2A is working on for the general simming community is the Piper Aerostar, but no surprise there as Scott Gentile personally owns one. 

Other than the above, A2A are simply updating older products for P3D 4+ compatibility, along with a few possible new features. 

I think it's wonderful that A2A has a viable contract with the U.S. military and that their commercial market sector is doing so well.  It's just that when a company like A2A starts going to huge lengths to hype everything to drive up interest, it ends up backfiring when so little tangible sim products are actually going to be available to the general simming public.  It's a huge letdown and not making A2A shine in the best light IMPO. 

Edited by Reuben Getz
  • Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Reuben Getz said:

Really, the only thing new A2A is working on for the general simming community is the Piper Aerostar, but no surprise there as Scott Gentile personally owns one.

And even at that, from the few images released it looks like the Aerostar is still a long way from completion.  As a guess, I wonder if it won't come sometime after the Gentiles get their Aerostar back in the air, which also appears to still be a bit of a ways down the road.  After all, they aren't going to release without a RW plane to model flight characteristics.

That said, the good news to me was that even if they never bring the T-6 or T-38 to civilian markets, they've obviously developed expertise in modeling Turbo Prop and jet engines.  I'm not especially interested in military hardware, even in the form of trainers, but from my selfish perspective, I'd hope sometime in the future we'll see that expertise reflected in a good GA Turbo Prop.

Also don't forget the updated B-17 and Cub.  These have not been available for P3D v4, and it looks like the updates will get the PBR treatment.  I expect we'll see these long before anything else discussed.

Scott

1 hour ago, Reuben Getz said:

I think it's wonderful that A2A has a viable contract with the U.S. military and that their commercial market sector is doing so well.  It's just that when a company like A2A starts going to huge lengths to hype everything to drive up interest, it ends up backfiring when so little tangible sim products are actually going to be available to the general simming public.  It's a huge letdown and not making A2A shine in the best light IMPO. 

Agree.  If you read the announcement post carefully, there aren't any specifics about consumer releases - the hedging in the Facebook comments just confirms that a lot of this stuff isn't for us.  I'm sure it's been frustrating for them to have to keep silent for so long, and it's nice that they get to share some of their excitement now, but you're right that they're risking a backlash when it turns out that some (most?) of what they're taking about isn't for the community.

2 hours ago, Alan_A said:

Agree.  If you read the announcement post carefully, there aren't any specifics about consumer releases - the hedging in the Facebook comments just confirms that a lot of this stuff isn't for us.  I'm sure it's been frustrating for them to have to keep silent for so long, and it's nice that they get to share some of their excitement now, but you're right that they're risking a backlash when it turns out that some (most?) of what they're taking about isn't for the community.

Oh I guess I missed the facebook clarification.  To me their forums post made it sound like the Texan II would come to us consumers but maybe not the Talon.  I'd love to fly that Texan II!  And I just read it now... yeah in the comments Scott says they may not release the Texan II..... uuuugh!  Why all the hype then?  Grr!

Edited by ryanbatcund
  • Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |