Sign in to follow this  
SunDevil56

FSDT KMEM Memphis International scenery

In the image below of KMEM, you can see the FDX B77F's. They have the same wingspan as the B744 so you could theoretically park there. B748's, you could just customize some spots within GSX to suit your needs.

KMEM.png

And then at KSDF as mentioned above, there are spots large enough for 747's and even up to 3 B748's along the bottom middle area.

KSDF.png

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Fedex also parks some 777's on the ramp just to the south of Runway 27.   That would be south and east of Dave's small pic above.  A 747 would fit there too. 

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

fsdt are another developer on my list of high quality looking scenery and little time on functionality! afcads are a mess rarely spaces big enough for the aircraft that in real life fly there and fsdt Ohare the south cargo ramp is not proportioned right so you cant even fit heavy aircraft north and south in the ramp at once!

in Memphis here are the heavy spots... most you have to increase the radius yourself in the afcad theyre too small

777 and 747 gate 459-463

777 gate 380-383

777 gate 390, 391, 393

and get the iniBuilds files that add dynamic lights

https://www.inibuilds.com/dynamic-lighting

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Boeing or not going said:

fsdt are another developer on my list of high quality looking scenery and little time on functionality!

they are now on my list of "no goes" ..... that lack of functionality is increasingly more depressing.

the 'lack" list is long & yes it includes the above on parking.

for now, cheers

john martin

One thing I wish FSDT would implement is a simple configuration tool that allows you to toggle certain features to gain performance. Stuff such as extra cars paxside, or gradations of rampside ground clutter. Virtually every other major developer has something of the kind. KLAX, KMEM and other FSDT sceneries really need something like that! I can only hope FSDT will introduce something of the kind with KORD, or I probably won't even buy it. I can't believe my computer will be able to run it properly otherwise...

• Like 2

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

17 hours ago, t4murphy said:

If you look at a google earth picture of KSDF you'll only see 747's at the lower southwest part of the airport, none attached to any of the gates

At KSDF this is know as Ramp 11. I passed on the parking charts for KSDF to FSDT when it was first released and he made some of the updates but he did not adjust the size for the 747's. I have a high quality version at home to show the spots. 

KSDF Parking

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

6 hours ago, Boeing or not going said:

in Memphis here are the heavy spots... most you have to increase the radius yourself in the afcad theyre too small

777 and 747 gate 459-463

777 gate 380-383

777 gate 390, 391, 393

459-463 are set by default to be large enough for aircraft larger than B748's, but the others can easily be set to whatever size you want from within GSX for user parking, it's super easy to adjust.

3 hours ago, Wise87 said:

At KSDF this is know as Ramp 11. I passed on the parking charts for KSDF to FSDT when it was first released and he made some of the updates but he did not adjust the size for the 747's.

That ramp comes with parking large enough for B744's, but not the B748. Again, it's just a simple adjustment in GSX for your own use.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

7 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

Virtually every other major developer has something of the kind. 

Of course there's such feature!

The issue is that, because you are accustomed to other developers external configuration tools, which forces you to exit from the sim, reconfigure the scenery, restart the sim, test the fps, repeat again, you were probably looking for such tool, which we don't need, since we have a much better and easier way, with the scenery YouControl menu (CTRL+F12), which allows you to turn on/off the most fps demanding things, and see the effect immediately, without restarting the sim.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Wise87 said:

At KSDF this is know as Ramp 11. I passed on the parking charts for KSDF to FSDT when it was first released and he made some of the updates but he did not adjust the size for the 747's. I have a high quality version at home to show the spots. 

There's plenty of parking spots suitable for a 747 in KSDF:

ksdf_747_parking.jpg

1 hour ago, virtuali said:

Of course there's such feature!

The issue is that, because you are accustomed to other developers external configuration tools, which forces you to exit from the sim, reconfigure the scenery, restart the sim, test the fps, repeat again, you were probably looking for such tool, which we don't need, since we have a much better and easier way, with the scenery YouControl menu (CTRL+F12), which allows you to turn on/off the most fps demanding things, and see the effect immediately, without restarting the sim.

Ah! I figured there must be something like that, but as you said, it's a different implementation from other developers. I ended up looking around the Addon manager to see if it was there, and didn't see it there either... Never thought to look at the YouControl menu. Tell me, are any options that I choose remembered for next time, or will I have to deactivate options again? For example, say I load up KLAX, deactivate whatever I don't need, then do KSFO-KLAX the next day, will it have remembered my configuration?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

23 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

Ah! I figured there must be something like that, but as you said, it's a different implementation from other developers. I ended up looking around the Addon manager to see if it was there, and didn't see it there either... Never thought to look at the YouControl menu. Tell me, are any options that I choose remembered for next time, or will I have to deactivate options again? For example, say I load up KLAX, deactivate whatever I don't need, then do KSFO-KLAX the next day, will it have remembered my configuration?

The customization you do to the parking is saved for the AF file that is in use.  As long as the AF filename remains the same you'll have the same customization each session.  Ya know, the product comes with a very easy to read and comprehensive user manual.  Have a look.

Dan Downs KCRP

On 5/8/2019 at 10:29 AM, cmpbellsjc said:

In addition to what everyone else said, why don’t you download and install the scenery and try it in trial mode. Try flying an approach in the 10 minute trial and you can see how it performs and how it looks. Then you can either purchase or uninstall.

Also agree with this- the try-before-you-buy option is excellent and something I wish was pervasive in the scenery addon community. I did some heavy editing to the FEDEX ramp, but that's not something I find unique to FSDT and it's something I tend to do to gain better control of what the AI does. Out of the box it works just fine.

If you do try, I'd also recommend also doing some night flying to get a feel for the shimmers apparent on the runways under landing light illumination. This is a built-in limitation of the scenery due to its age, but is also something FSDT has acknowledged and would eventually be eliminated in any future iteration/update. Overall IMO that is a small price to pay to be able to use a good rendition of MEM 👍

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

45 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

For example, say I load up KLAX, deactivate whatever I don't need, then do KSFO-KLAX the next day, will it have remembered my configuration?

Well yes, they are supposed to be remembered (in fact, they were remembered when KMEM initially came out), but there's a bug in the current version of the software, which we already fixed in our internal version, which will be released together with the next big GSX update.

4 hours ago, downscc said:

The customization you do to the parking is saved for the AF file that is in use.  As long as the AF filename remains the same you'll have the same customization each session.  Ya know, the product comes with a very easy to read and comprehensive user manual.  Have a look.

I suppose you are referring to GSX Level 2? My question was not about the parking though, rather the YouControl-dependent customization of FSDT sceneries, which is unrelated GSX.

3 hours ago, virtuali said:

Well yes, they are supposed to be remembered (in fact, they were remembered when KMEM initially came out), but there's a bug in the current version of the software, which we already fixed in our internal version, which will be released together with the next big GSX update.

Ah I see, I’ll wait for the release of the fix. Any idea when this might be pushed to the public?

Benjamin van Soldt

12 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

I suppose you are referring to GSX Level 2? My question was not about the parking though, rather the YouControl-dependent customization of FSDT sceneries, which is unrelated GSX.

No, certainly did not imply GSX2.  The feature you are referring to is imbedded in all FSDT sceneries and is a free version of GSX.  The GSX product simply adds the exact same feature to non-FSDT airports.  It works the same.  You settings are stored in appdata files keyed to the name of the AF file.

Dan Downs KCRP